Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Walking animations MUST be changed: BI Please read

You guys are the brats lol. What the hell is the point of this forum?

So brats like you can complain about effing BS!

So brats like you can complain about effing BS!

It was a suggestion. But thanks for your meaningful contribution. You guys get sooo mad. lol And to Katu, while I know that you CAN walk like they do in the anim, UNLESS you had a sling why the hell would you? At least if we are comparing the ARMA anim exactly without a sling model, it would not be comfortable and your wrist would be hurting. Or hell, maybe I just have scrawny weak wrists. And in any case the animations need to AT LEAST be offset. Everyone in the squad walking in complete unison in that particular anim looks ridiculous.

The sling is not modeled, yet you can pull your rifle onto your back and draw your sidearm. So it's mean that the sling is present.

The sling is not modeled, yet you can pull your rifle onto your back and draw your sidearm. So it's mean that the sling is present.

-_- I guess if I have to use my imagination.

BTW have you guys seen this post? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147715-ARMA-3-base-terrain-textures-WORSE-than-the-original-Operation-Flashpoint

In some peoples opinion (not mine) THAT could be a trivial BS thing to "complain" about. It's just a satmap after all. Everything else terrain wise looks great! But he said something, and good on him for it. Maybe a dev sees that and says o shit they noticed and don't like it. Well we weren't going to work on that but I guess we could up the res on the satmap. Same with walking animation variety, offset, detail. Maybe you guys should do your part to make ARMA a better game instead of "ZOMG he said a bad thing about ARMA get him".

You guys get sooo mad. lol And to Katu

Blahblubb. Who is "You guys"? Calm down, really. And yes, no matter if it's called Alpha or Stable, a product must be criticized and I also thinks it's the good right of a customer, not to see all aspects of a coin, but be very subjective.

You guys are the brats lol. .
lol you mad bro? 7 motnh tour in afghanistan, 2011 with SOCCENT. 3rd HERD before that. Assigned to 571st MSAS right now. Look it up. You a cook in the army? Something tells me you arent in the military at all.

Oh and uh DO YOU SEE A two point sling on the player model!? Fake ass mofo.

Yeah...we're the brats. :rolleyes:

CombatComm: Yes you have to use your imagination. Slings would be a nice to have present visualy, but it is a question if the work needed to get them in and to be functional is realy worth it. Based on the animations, they are ment to be there, just not modeled.

Also I dont get the rest of you post. Is it addresed to me or to people that said that you should not complain?

I can only agree the walk with weapons down dont look that good. They need to hold it with both hands....

Yeah...we're the brats. :rolleyes:

Love the selective quote editing you did up there. Clever. Left out the post I responded to and how I came to the conclusion he probably isn't in the military. Making it look like I came on here with the intent to show off my credentials lol. So impressed with this forum community so far today.

Love the selective quote editing you did up there. Clever. Left out the post I responded to and how I came to the conclusion he probably isn't in the military. Making it look like I came on here with the intent to show off my credentials lol. So impressed with this forum community so far today.

Stop responding to the attention-seeking children if you wish to keep your thread open.

You guys are the brats lol. What the hell is the point of this forum? For the fans to give gripe or praise to those that developed a game THEY PAID hard earned money for. This isn't a mod I got for free. No I couldn't do better but I am not a game developer. So enough with the "stop complaining" shit. I've had more agreements to my post then disagreements. You being one of them. So stop crying over the negative feedback of your precious ARMA. I love the United States of America but I don't get upset with people who talk about whats wrong with her and how to improve her. Same with ARMA. So chillax I am on your side. I just like getting my moneys worth.

Oh and another thing. Everyone keeps saying it's ALPHA and to stop "complaining". How the hell would the devs know what to change during the ALPHA if people didn't "complain". smh You need to reassess who is acting like the baby here.

Oh so where the Brats are we - NO one forced you to pay for the ALPHA version of the game. The forum is here for general discussion on the alpha version of the game not for one man protests on irrelevant minor issues as this that are likely to be improved within future alpha updates. I was telling you to stop complaining, i was telling you to post your feedback int he official place to report your alpha feedback - that being here http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php as that's what the Devs are tracking, they are not tracking every thread on the forum which in all honestly is pointless even trying to attempt. So if this is such a big issue to you, then that's where you should be posting it if you want it fixed, not here on the forum.

Am i crying over the negative feedback on arma, no i am not so your assumption that i am when i also clearly stated myself i am not 100% happy with current walking animations (not how they hold their rifles) means i too also gave negative feedback on those animations. So why would i be crying over your giving negative feedback, when i did the same? The fact you felt the need to make such an assumption makes you look even more like the spoilt kid i mentioned in my first post. What is its Wahahahahaha i paid xx amount dollars and the walking animations suck!! That's what your sounding like here, whether you like it or not!

As for your military experience, so what, you were in 3d Combat Communications Unit - So you know how to work a radio! You were in Special Operations Command Central, so you know how to read a map and interpret intel in order to plan special operations missions for special forces units (or maybe you were just assigned to guarding those that could), yeah hardly a person that was a combat unit that fought on the front line and took part on daily patrol or recon ops. And the 571st Mobility Support Advisory Squadron hardly makes you a front line combat unit either. Off course am not saying you didn't do any front line ops or partake in them as its well know that you likely did along with others in your Unit, but its hardly daily front line ops.

Also its hardly a big deal whether your served in the military or where you did your tours, your not the only one here that has and there's people here that have fought in special forces and/or have been front line combat units and some that served in support away from the front line. So big deal if you were in the military or not, get over yourself for god sake. End of the day its a game made to be as realistic as possible with current tech and know how, its not real life and not every thing in the game will be 100% perfect or the way everyone like its.

And who the hell mentioned anything about your country, i never did, so why even bring that up!

As for your second to last sentence - This is how the devs know what needs changing and fixing http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php - There is even a link to it on the main menu in the game itself as well as on the Arma 3 website. Try searching before posting next time!

As for just like getting your moneys worth - You sound as though you think you have only paid for access to the Alpha, truth is you have paid for the Alpha, Beta access and you get the Full game for no extra cost on release (possibly DLC for free too and other freebies depending on what version you purchased). So really you have paid for the full game, not the alpha or beta, which do not accurately represent the final product as lots of things will have been changed by time the full game is released. So i'd say you got more than you moneys worth when compared to what other developers or publishers would charge!

Now i have reassessed who is acting like a baby here and its clear to me the one that can not take constructive criticism from some one whom overall agrees with you, is the one that's behaving like a cry baby here, and that's you. And no, your response to my post was not constructive but more based on your own believe in your own self importance. Evidence of that is the fact you felt the need to brag about your military service in response to others, to support your stance on the issue of the walking animations.

Edited by teaboy

Oh so where the Brats are we - NO one forced you to pay for the ALPHA version of the game. The forum is here for general discussion on the alpha version of the game not for one man protests on irrelevant minor issues as this that are likely to be improved within future alpha updates. I was telling you to stop complaining, i was telling you to post your feedback int he official place to report your alpha feedback - that being here http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php as that's what the Devs are tracking, they are not tracking every thread on the forum which in all honestly is pointless even trying to attempt. So if this is such a big issue to you, then that's where you should be posting it if you want it fixed, not here on the forum.

Am i crying over the negative feedback on arma, no i am not so your assumption that i am when i also clearly stated myself i am not 100% happy with current walking animations (not how they hold their rifles) means i too also gave negative feedback on those animations. So why would i be crying over your giving negative feedback, when i did the same? The fact you felt the need to make such an assumption makes you look even more like the spoilt kid i mentioned in my first post. What is its Wahahahahaha i paid xx amount dollars and the walking animations suck!! That's what your sounding like here, whether you like it or not!

As for your military experience, so what, you were in 3d Combat Communications Unit - So you know how to work a radio! You were in Special Operations Command Central, so you know how to read a map and interpret intel in order to plan special operations missions for special forces units (or maybe you were just assigned to guarding those that could), yeah hardly a person that was a combat unit that fought on the front line and took part on daily patrol or recon ops. And the 571st Mobility Support Advisory Squadron hardly makes you a front line combat unit either. Off course am not saying you didn't do any front line ops or partake in them as its well know that you likely did along with others in your Unit, but its hardly daily front line ops.

Also its hardly a big deal whether your served in the military or where you did your tours, your not the only one here that has and there's people here that have fought in special forces and/or have been front line combat units and some that served in support away from the front line. So big deal if you were in the military or not, get over yourself for god sake. End of the day its a game made to be as realistic as possible with current tech and know how, its not real life and not every thing in the game will be 100% perfect or the way everyone like its.

And who the hell mentioned anything about your country, i never did, so why even bring that up!

As for your second to last sentence - This is how the devs know what needs changing and fixing http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php - There is even a link to it on the main menu in the game itself as well as on the Arma 3 website. Try searching before posting next time!

As for just like getting your moneys worth - You sound as though you think you have only paid for access to the Alpha, truth is you have paid for the Alpha, Beta access and you get the Full game for no extra cost on release (possibly DLC for free too and other freebies depending on what version you purchased). So really you have paid for the full game, not the alpha or beta, which do not accurately represent the final product as lots of things will have been changed by time the full game is released. So i'd say you got more than you moneys worth when compared to what other developers or publishers would charge!

Now i have reassessed who is acting like a baby here and its clear to me the one that can not take constructive criticism from some one whom overall agrees with you, is the one that's behaving like a cry baby here, and that's you. And no, your response to my post was not constructive but more based on your own believe in your own self importance. Evidence of that is the fact you felt the need to brag about your military service, to support your stance on the issue of the walking animations.

Yup, it's confirmed. He's mad bro.

So many people on here love to play war on their LCD monitors. You don't know the first thing about any of the units I've been in or what I did for them big guy. Love your quick google synopsis of them though. You're clearly either confused or something got lost in a cultural translation. I didn't come on here telling people about my service. I was defending against some little shit who mention I was Air Force from my avatar and so I wouldn't know anything about holding a rifle. Which proved his ignorance of the military. Sad you wasted all that energy typing up a story. You're right though droikka, they have a way of sucking you in and jacking the OP topic.

Edited by CombatComm

Guys, please stop all this name calling. CombatComm military service has nothing to do with this thread.

CombatComm: What animation/posture do you suggest instead of the one you find not to be correct? A picture or video would helps.

As I and someone said before, just imagining the non rendered sling would solvce the problem, but I am interested in what you are suggesting instead of that?

Well due to the temper issues of a couple of people in here the thread got way out of hand, the issue has now been raised so I'm sure it will be seen, but I would certainly advise raising it in the bug tracker as well if you feel it's a bug, that's what it's there for :)