Sign in to follow this  
Cr4z33

Helicopters in the Alpha?

I apologize if this has been answered, but I will be away from my computer for a week and it's not so easy to find everything using a smartphone.

The Alpha FAQ talks about an amount of vehicles available, but it doesn't mention WHAT vehicles they will be.

Will we have helicopters in the Alpha?

And if yes which ones exactly?

I am pretty sure there will be at least one helicopter in the Alpha.

The SCUBA and Helicopter showcases' very names pretty much confirm that those'll be in. :p Specifically a "Mk 8 SDV" and some sort of attack helicopter, most likely the "AH-9" from the E3 and Gamescom builds I imagine.

Bump!

Any developer that can clear this out? :)

From an interview with Rock, Paper, Shotgun about the Alpha.

RPS: Can you talk a bit about the content in the alpha – why did you choose to show these elements? What are you most proud of?

Joris: I really enjoy the infantry showcase, because it is a benchmark for our design vision. The scenario is quite simple, but every play-through has little differences. Sometimes I get suppressed by an auto-rifleman, see tracers fly right over my head and hear the bullets pop. You genuinely do not want to get hit, because you know the consequences are brutal. Another time you’ll have outsmarted the same patrol using a well-placed under-barrel grenade, and the survivors are forced into completely different tactics. Ignore them, and they may come back to flank you ten minutes later. The point is: when we deliver a good enough sandbox for our infantry supported by vehicles, the scenarios themselves should not have to rely on heavy scripting.

Then I start up the helicopter showcase, and you really get to see how broad the experience can be. The environment is huge, even if it’s tiny compared to the full game’s Altis. That’s something important to stress: do not be worried about the Alpha launch content being fairly limited. The content will not only grow during the Alpha and Beta programs, but the full game is significantly buffed. Factor in community content, and you once again have an endless pool of fun.

When you start toying around in the editor, you’re able to further explore the new features. Come up with new types of scenarios using SCUBA diving, get creative with anti-personnel mines or simply drop in two opposing squads of infantry someplace new on the island. A combat engagement can play out differently each time, but is now enhanced by a much-refined radio protocol and better responsiveness of the character movement.

Bump!

Any developer that can clear this out? :)

Yes, you can use helicopter in the alpha version.

I would rather the Kasathka we have seen parked up in the hangers. I have flown the littlebird rip off already in toh and would miss the flight model.

But, wouldn't there be two helis (one per faction) anyway if there is to be balanced mp matches?

anyway if there is to be balanced mp matches?

^ this.

Any Dev. can clarify?

I would rather the Kasathka we have seen parked up in the hangers. I have flown the littlebird rip off already in toh and would miss the flight model.

But, wouldn't there be two helis (one per faction) anyway if there is to be balanced mp matches?

8 vehicles, right? Two helicopters, 2 APCs, 2 Lighter vehicles, 2 MBTs? Or scrap the MBTs, 1 SDV & 1 Boat instead. :p

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

^ this.

Any Dev. can clarify?

They could "paint" the LB red and give it to OPFOR for the Alpha.

Give me 24hrs from release and the Kiowa will be up, can't guarantee weapons but it will be in game - this all depends on flight model implementation etc.

Edited by Eble

Kiowa please :p

Is there a Kiowa in Arma3? Where have you seen that? A Kiowa would make my day!

Edit: didnt see you post Eble...cant wait to see what else you will bring to Arma3 ;)

Dave,

I think the 8 vehicles would be AH-9/Kasatka (kasatka based on seeing it in alpha screens), Panther/Patria (maybe variants not being counted as additional vehicles), Merkava/T-100, Ifrit/M-ATV. Hopefully boats are counted seperate. If air is counted seperate, maybe the arty will be in there for support showcase. Based on img from Vehicles Page on the website however, I may be very wrong.

No, Iranian Ifrit and Kasatka are definitely in it. Probably no T-100 or arty, I'm guessing is the missing piece here.

Well, if I get either a Panther or a Merkava, it's basically the same experience, give or take the armament. So either one could go and I wouldn't care.

Yes, you can use helicopter in the alpha version.

Thank you very much indeed for confirming it!

I am gonna clean my pilot suit now!:yay:

Good, Ill get to see what the fireballs in the alpha will look like without delay now.

I hope the Comanche will be in Alpha? :) I've seen it in the Alpha presentations.

I hope that the MBT's are in the alpha ... T-100 Wuhaaa :bounce3: and may the Awesom Opfor Helo (the big Havoc like Bird)

I'm really excited about it , because helicopters and all other vehicles look awesome!