Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

UGV - Unmanned Ground Vehicles - SWORD, Adunok-M, MRK-27-BT

@hcpookie I think there might be a command that can be added to the config that'll hide the "get out/turn out" actions, but I have to look into it more. Also I'm going to test out if the my MULE need's a crew or not.

Because making the decision of playing with ACE or using the ugvs where you cant have both - this decision is a rather simple one for most players I'd say.

You're right, it is simple! I'll take the UGVs!

When you say UGV terminals do you mean model wise or do see if it can work like UAVs in game?

I just want to say, works great in multiplayer. I used the MCC Sandbox Addon's 3D Editor to place multiple Sword UGVs, and 2 empty control stations. booted them up like we are supposed to, took control of a couple, and drove them around, shot the guns, etc. No lag on either end. This was done in a privately hosted Takistan Coop-08 Armory. Figured I'd give you the report.

I just want to say, works great in multiplayer. I used the MCC Sandbox Addon's 3D Editor to place multiple Sword UGVs, and 2 empty control stations. booted them up like we are supposed to, took control of a couple, and drove them around, shot the guns, etc. No lag on either end. This was done in a privately hosted Takistan Coop-08 Armory. Figured I'd give you the report.

It indeed seems to work in MP - if you are the hoster. I had the same results upon testing, my friend claimed he couldn't exit the vehicle after he established the remote connection, but it was a laggy situation anyways, and for some reason mid-game the crew ejected without beeing teleported back in, and he was able to enter the UGV. I personally think it's just a bug serer-side due to quite a lag, and we will test it again today in a empty mission. Fact, it works in MP on a dedicated, and it works on a Ingame-Host for the hoster. If it works on ingame-host for guests, we shall see.

Slatts, are you asking about my to-do items? I wanted to see how these work with the UAV module. I made these "IsUAV=1" or whatever that settings is. So, in theory, the remote control should work the same as any other UAV. Simply want to test that. If that doesn't work then I may in fact add a config for "UGV Control Vehicle" which would be the same as the static terminals but of course for the vehicles.

Thanks for the MP test reports - glad to hear they are working. It is looking like this weekend is going to be the earliest I can even hop online for some MP testing.

I think this can be done automatically if the INIT script doesn't disable AI. That way they are literally a very small tank in formation. :) Perhaps change the script so the "take control" script does the disable AI commands instead of the INIT script. HRM... that would imitate the UGV as being ALWAYS controlled... problem is, once you leave the UGV controller the AI will take over like a normal tank. And you would be subject to the "almost disabled" limitations... if they already see an enemy they'll still fire at it and call things out and may move around. Once that's all done you'll have an "almost" AI controlled UGV.

As an enemy controlled AI unit they work quite alright(me and my team....died quite a lot:p).The problem is that they aren't moving,so if you don't control them they behave like stationary sentry turrets.

As an enemy controlled AI unit they work quite alright(me and my team....died quite a lot:p).The problem is that they aren't moving,so if you don't control them they behave like stationary sentry turrets.

I've got the same problem. AI controlled UGV doesn't move anywhere.

As stated before, the AI-only controlled will not work with the current scripts. It sounds like there is a need for an AI-controlled version in the next update! Remember, these AI-only units will for all practical purposes be "mini tanks" with very little ammo.

As stated before, the AI-only controlled will not work with the current scripts. It sounds like there is a need for an AI-controlled version in the next update! Remember, these AI-only units will for all practical purposes be "mini tanks" with very little ammo.

Yeah, I know, but it's nice if you can order someone else to man the UGV. That way, it's not a tank that has a crew that bails if the UGV is destroyed, yet you still have an unmanned vehicle that can do damage at range without risk to yourself or your AI subordinates. Also, if at all possible, it'd be good if players/AI were not able to physically enter the UGV (as in it only works with the UAV Module).

Yeah, I know, but it's nice if you can order someone else to man the UGV. That way, it's not a tank that has a crew that bails if the UGV is destroyed, yet you still have an unmanned vehicle that can do damage at range without risk to yourself or your AI subordinates. Also, if at all possible, it'd be good if players/AI were not able to physically enter the UGV (as in it only works with the UAV Module).

Can't disable the get in / get out functions. My "get back in" script fired on the GetOut EH was the best way I could determine to prevent that behavior from ruining the experience. I would still like to disable Eject / GetOut commands!

Just another Update, as i said we tested it already on dedicated without any issues.

It turned out the mistakes causing the bugs with your UGV's on home-host were caused by the Missionmaker himself. He spawned Empty ones, but told me they are occupied when asked. Nonetheless, we came around to test it again, and everything works excellently. One flaw we noticed is, that apparently when you controll a UGV, you actually can exit it on Home-Host MP and walk around as an unarmed LHD-Crew. Good thing is, you can also re-enter if you should by mistake click the getout action. Anything else regarding the remote controlled scripts works perfectly.

On another issue, is it on purpose that the RPG-18 and the FAE of the MRK-UGV fire off the reticle about 5degrees down? When i aim at a tank, about 50m away from me, and trigger the RPG18, it will land about 5m in front of the UGV. Of course, you should be required to lead your shot, and aim a bit over the tagret to compensate for the ballistic drop, but on distances as low as 50m, this really shouldn't have any effect, I would like to ask you to take another look at it, and perhaps tweak the angle at which these rockets are fired a bit.

€Dit: just read your above post. Couldn't you simply disable entering the UGV via setting it... locked? I mean, thats a vanilla command and i'm dead sure it works. Not preventing get out probably, but it will for sure prevent others to get in the ugv's.

However you choose to react, thank you for all your work up to this point.

Edited by Elena

Robots attack!

v2.0: 5/19/2015

NEW: Autonomous models! These require no remote controller, and the vehicles can spawn in a MP setting.

NEW: Crew uses "invisible man" 3D model; no more "phantom crew" appears.

FIX: Destruct type only smokes now, no more secondary explosions.

FIX: Vehicles locked by default.

Updated mod v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey hcpookie , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Robots attack!

v2.0: 5/19/2015

NEW: Autonomous models! These require no remote controller, and the vehicles can spawn in a MP setting.

NEW: Crew uses "invisible man" 3D model; no more "phantom crew" appears.

FIX: Destruct type only smokes now, no more secondary explosions.

FIX: Vehicles locked by default.

Thanks Pookie nice to see A2 stuff still being updated.