The ultimate thread about Arma 3 anti-cheat discussion

Which one do you want.  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want.

• Battleye
    • Punkbuster
    • Vac
    • Others

Thanks for this! This could help the community I am in!

another thread ... same answer ... security, anticheat is WIP ... wait for it

Poll options explained

3) ... I'll just have to live with them for the moment.

4) ... Oh, and no I am have not just being playing on passworded and white listed servers. I'm gaming just like you, on random servers.

Your not trying to put your opinion into those poll options. Noooooo surely not...

:f:

Your not trying to put your opinion into those poll options. Noooooo surely not...

:f:

I'm sorry, what did you expect? I have an opinion, and guess what, I wanted to express it... funny that

They havent made a good anti cheat for years so far, dont get your hopes up!

The problem is not the scripting.

Or Anti-Hack.

It's the Netcode Arma 3 uses.

Just like in Arma 2, and unlike other games, the server does not make all the decisions.

Clients make these, too. So when the Client says "AND MY AXE". The server is gonna be like "oh, my bad, must have forgotten about your axe" and not do anything about it.

That is also why the Netcode was completely rewritten for Dayz Standalone.

Maybe Bohemia learns from the experience with DayZ and eventually implements this in Arma 3. Who knows.

just wanted to drop in and say. this thread is pointless. whats the point in complaing about hackers.

1. you know the game is alpha.

2. you know ther is no AC to the alpha.

3. stop running a public server. / open server.

the solution is simple. lock your damn server and only allow trusted people on it,

when the game is out of alpha and have included a AC. open it up again. and then start to complain. ;)

when the game is out of alpha and have included a AC. open it up again. and then start to complain. ;)

LOL, but then they'll start bitching about BattlEye when their mission includes a code-broadcast function. :P

I've given up trying to explain it. I don't think most people will ever get it.

I'm sorry, what did you expect? I have an opinion, and guess what, I wanted to express it... funny that

I expected a bit of impartiality. But then again, that would have taken a little maturity...

I expected a bit of impartiality. But then again, that would have taken a little maturity...

There's no need to get all worked up over him putting up a thread and his own opinions effected the wording of the poll options. It makes no sense to attack his maturity.

As for the poll, there really is no problem if hackers are about right now. If anything, when anticheat is implemented, it will catch the active hackers and get rid of them sooner.

Wtf.

i just noticed this thread, i never made a thread named "Please, drop battleye for arma 3".

it was something like "Which Anticheat will arma3 have" and it was many many months ago i made it.. not sure how it poped up again. damn you mods :p

i'll not be playing this game online without BE, if we get the option of have both. VAC and BE. VAC will sertanly be turned off :p.

by the nature the game is made. "scripting engine" so on. we need BE filter to block scripts from beeing executed.

unfortunate result of threads merge :)

BE is doing its job but just like any anticheat it can't detect everything.

VAC is better because you have to rebuy the game on a new account if flagged. BE adopted the idea of global banning people's cd keys rather late, only after DayZ and a popularity spike which brought more cheaters into the game.

The idea is if the hackers will have to rebuy their game or account then they will be less likely to fuck around again. The solution is to make sure keys aren't piratable (rather, stealable thru script kiddy apps) as much as last time where you can search in google and find some kid selling keys for 5$. This may have been solved by releasing it through steam but then again maybe not.

Edited by Leg

password it. we run training missions at our community and use teleporting and spawning features. arma is not bf/cod and don't expect it to be the same.

why it's like that? because due nature of game (milsim roots, VR training) arma traditionally tend to "trust" players and don't generally expect players to "cheat" thus why we have such possibilities. it's not about game. it's abou people.

on side note, if you bought arma due official alpha state to play it instead of testing, you are doing something wrong.

password it. we run training missions at our community and use teleporting and spawning features. arma is not bf/cod and don't expect it to be the same.

why it's like that? because due nature of game (milsim roots, VR training) arma traditionally tend to "trust" players and don't generally expect players to "cheat" thus why we have such possibilities. it's not about game. it's abou people.

on side note, if you bought arma due official alpha state to play it instead of testing, you are doing something wrong.

i propose bis get in touch with their military contacts and arrange assassination missions all over the world to shitcan those hackers :p

One of the things that really annoys me with the arma scripting engine, is that ultimately the server should have a say on what it accepts to replicate to other clients. Leveraging clients for tasks is allright, but the server side should also allow mission makers to watch what players are doing, events raised when clients issue spawning commands so the server can double check the what and why.

VAC is better because you have to rebuy the game on a new account if flagged. BE adopted the idea of global banning people's cd keys rather late, only after DayZ and a popularity spike which brought more cheaters into the game.

BE bans have the same effect as VAC bans... read the damn thread.

From a closed thread.

If you search for hackers/hacking you would see this has been covered, at the end of the day this initial alpha release is without the protections which will follow in later releases, no need for panic just yet. This thread remains open and is parallel to the topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...75#post2327675

But how do you explain that years after it's release the same thing is still happening in Arma 2?

It's a shame cos the game is very good. But i've never seen another game hacked to this extent, this is really the only online game i've had to worry about hackers so much.

BE bans have the same effect as VAC bans... read the damn thread.

Almost.. but not completely. When you get VAC banned, you're Steam account is flagged and so your reputation (even when you play the other games) is "ruined". It won't help with the "serial-cheaters", those will create each account for each game (whenever this operation is legit or not), but it will sure help for the little kid (the majority of cheaters are just little kids, not hackers) that bought the game, played it fair initially, but then raged and started to cheat <<< in this case the VAC ban (and the additional feature of having your account flagged) is a MAJOR deterrent to stop you to cheat.

Almost.. but not completely. When you get VAC banned, you're Steam account is flagged and so your reputation (even when you play the other games) is "ruined". It won't help with the "serial-cheaters", those will create each account for each game (whenever this operation is legit or not), but it will sure help for the little kid (the majority of cheaters are just little kids, not hackers) that bought the game, played it fair initially, but then raged and started to cheat <<< in this case the VAC ban (and the additional feature of having your account flagged) is a MAJOR deterrent to stop you to cheat.

As I said, public flagging doesn't mean shit unless the cheater is popular. And I think most of his Steam friends already know he is a cheater anyway!

Generally, I don't think that BattlEye meets the requirements of Steam.

Edit: How can a poll be closed when it is still the alpha-phase? Lol!1!!11!

I think BattlEye will be the best solution for ARMA3. BE works not bad, every public hack get detected in 5-7 days.

VAC works not very quick, I know many people who played with public hacks in CS 1.6 for 1 year... And their steam profiles still not banned...

Generally, I don't think that BattlEye meets the requirements of Steam.

What requirements are you talking about?

for those who want punkbuster you must be aware they do not care. for example i had punkbuster brake on me i have not be able to play a game the require it in over a year hopfully that got fixed when i reformated my pc.

so i put my vote in for BattleEye its the arma anti cheat and should stay as it they have control over it so why change.

no anti cheat systerm is perfect

they each have the own strong points and issues

Yeah I guess you can't get rid of all hacking, it will be better when they bring it in.

Any developers here that can answer when it is planned to bring in battleeye?