h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Operation Gothic Serpent

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166429-SP-Campaign-Operation-Gothic-Serpent-by-Wiki-(RWO-Release)

Has now been fully updated and uploaded.

Please leave comments in the thread!

Thanks

Operation Gothic Serpent RWO release has been updated to Version 1.1

-Intro cinematic added by nettrucker

Thanks buddy!

Nice to see an intro for this campaign.

Thanks for making it!

Any chance to see TF42 before the end of the year?

Added Exercise Friendship 86 to the first post's index of current mission releases! Thanks to Matias (and apologies for the delay in getting the first thread updated).

In other news, I am getting back to tying up the last bits of work on Task Force 42-- adding voice to the cinematics and trimming them where possible, campaign variables, and finally, Addon+.

If it's possible to have this release submitted in time for the end of the year, I will do it! So please, stay tuned and thanks to everyone who has waited so patiently for this release!

Finally some news on TF42!

I was going desperate ;)

I hope we can have it before the end of the year!

Completely off topic: january 1st, Lone Survivor in the cinemas!!!

The Lite Version is basically tied up, I'm waiting on a few final things.

But I've begun working on the Addon+ version in the meantime and it is going to rock!

The expanded weapons selection is drool-inducing, with a wide range of weapons confirmed to be in-use by the SAS/SBS!

The MH-47E feels so much cooler than the BAF Chinook because you can ride on the back ramp, and it includes tow cables!

...but best of all, I'm adding the FATA map to the required addons for the Addon+ version, and transferring the final mission there, where it actually takes place in the story. The final mission will be a much meatier and more satisfying and challenging experience in the Addon+ version... tons of cool functionality I was able to extend into it already, so now I'm just fleshing things out a little more.

It will be worth the wait, and the extra addons, I guarantee it!

The Lite Version is basically tied up, I'm waiting on a few final things.

But I've begun working on the Addon+ version in the meantime and it is going to rock!

The expanded weapons selection is drool-inducing, with a wide range of weapons confirmed to be in-use by the SAS/SBS!

The MH-47E feels so much cooler than the BAF Chinook because you can ride on the back ramp, and it includes tow cables!

...but best of all, I'm adding the FATA map to the required addons for the Addon+ version, and transferring the final mission there, where it actually takes place in the story. The final mission will be a much meatier and more satisfying and challenging experience in the Addon+ version... tons of cool functionality I was able to extend into it already, so now I'm just fleshing things out a little more.

It will be worth the wait, and the extra addons, I guarantee it!

Sounds awesome. Waiting patiently for a first release.

I just hope we won't have too much long to wait, I'm so eager to play it.

waiting eagerly too! i played the Lions of Kandahar and it was A-some!

i'm sure this one will rock too.

I just hope we won't have too much long to wait, I'm so eager to play it.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

I've got h34dup as a FRIEND for Steam.

Each time I log in to play Arma 3, guess where h34dup is?

SKYRIM!! That's right. Skyrim. He's still hacking and slashing enemies, so don't expect his mission too soon. ;)

I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

I've got h34dup as a FRIEND for Steam.

Each time I log in to play Arma 3, guess where h34dup is?

SKYRIM!! That's right. Skyrim. He's still hacking and slashing enemies, so don't expect his mission too soon. ;)

Hehe, not recently though, I've been up until 2am the past three or so nights, and putting in work daily over the holidays to get the Lite version together. The Lite version is together, but the Addon+ version is getting some special attention that I guarantee 100% will be worth it. I can't wait to play it myself!

The PR FATA map is getting some serious love with the special endgame mission I adapted...same basic setup as the Lite version, but with way more to do.

Also, with the release of this handy unit cache script, I think I can really boost performance on some of these missions with all the units and setpieces, so I'm implementing that.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23929

if the "lite" version is ready, can you upload it to make us wait the addon version?

if the "lite" version is ready, can you upload it to make us wait the addon version?

My fear with that is two-fold:

(A) People will play the Lite version and skip out on the Addon+ version (big mistake, if anything you wanna skip the Lite version, Lite is only for bitches who don't want to download and manage extra addons)

(B) If I release the Lite version now, I'll lose my motivation to finish and release the Addon+ version, or I'll end up getting sidetracked supporting the Lite version

I have about 2/3rds of the "meat" in the special final mission for the Addon+ version. After a little play-through of my progress, I can report that things are looking excellent, I had a real blast-- the sense of being a lone operator, no matter how elite, in a wide-open space where you know enemies are waiting and hiding everywhere, sneaking around, picking off targets, being overrun and successfully evading death.

It's a much better way to end the Campaign than in the Lite version, I'll say that!

Really cool! I am going to check it out!

The project looks really great

h34dup: your rationale makes perfect sense. Keep going. The last mile is often the hardest...

Hi everyone

been currently play-testing an updated version of "Operation Wayne Grey" my little Nam campaign. Added now voice acting. Made some bug fixes. Did some minor changes to the missions as well. Might have to remove some units some missions still suffering some lag on low end computers. It runs good on my I7 but on my old Dualcore man that sucks. I still haven't figured how to make descend large scale missions without suffering major FPS loss and units are getting unresponsive. My processor clearly can't handle it. I'm already spawning units. I love to design company seized missions which involves a heavy load on processing power due to a lot of units moving which puts an enormous strain on my processor. You need really a good computer to run this Nam campaign as I said no problems on my I7.

Some more news I'm currently working on "Operation Starlite" Van Thuong peninsula August 18-24 1965

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Starlite

The Operation had taken place before the IA Drang Valley campaign which is mostly held for the first major battle of American troops. The IA Drang campaign was the first major fight against the NVA meanwhile in Starlite the Marines were fighting their first major battle against the Vietcong.

I'm still some missions short and I'm currently done with the basic mission editing. it will have around 10 missions. 8 of them are done in their basics. I have still to do the detailed editing. Let's say 50% of work done so far. Still along way to go. All missions have been designed on Razorenya a beautiful jungle terrain gone mostly unnoticed by most mission makers. This is my "homage" to LJFHutch the creator of Razorenya.

cheers

Edited by nettrucker

Hi everyone

My processor clearly can't handle it. I'm already spawning units. I love to design company seized missions which involves a heavy load on processing power due to a lot of units moving which puts an enormous strain on my processor. You need really a good computer to run this Nam campaign as I said no problems on my I7.

Check out the Italics below from h34dup.

I think that script will help you out.

Also, with the release of this handy unit cache script, I think I can really boost performance on some of these missions with all the units and setpieces, so I'm implementing that.

I'm still some missions short and I'm currently done with the basic mission editing. it will have around 10 missions. 8 of them are done in their basics. I have still to do the detailed editing. Let's say 50% of work done so far. Still along way to go. All missions have been designed on Razorenya a beautiful jungle terrain gone mostly unnoticed by most mission makers. This is my "homage" to LJFHutch the creator of Razorenya.

cheers

DUUUUUUDE! I thought we were going to do this campaign together with tom3kb and mathias and more??!!

Was it this one or the next one coming up about La Drange?

I've still got those two OPFOR missions and you got your one you did for Texass using UNSUNG MOD. We got to decide what to do with those.

We can keep them for an upcoming campaign or maybe...............give them over to UNSUNG for their 2.6 release............what do you think of that one, buddy?

If so, we got to contact them soon about this.................

Please contact me about this. I've got free time up till March to help out.

Post me the 2 missions. If you can think of creating a couple of more missions. I'll do the same. So we can put the missions together focusing more on the NVA attack rather than the actual IA Drang Valley campaign which should be another chapter IMO. Tom is busy with other stuff afaik and Mathias as well I think. Send me your missions by mail.

cheers

Edited by nettrucker

This entire project looks really cool! Gonna have to keep eyes on this :D

Check out the Italics below from h34dup.

I think that script will help you out.

I've tried a couple times recently to do the most minor things for mission ideas in UNS and just always see my performance take a nose-dive.

A couple weeks ago, I decided to try messing with damaging a helicopter rotor and simulating a crash landing. I got it working exactly the way I wanted, but the FPS dive made it unplayable.

If either of you guys want what I put together, I can send the above to you, just reply here or PM me.

So I've just about given up on doing something in UNS, which is a shame because the mod itself is really quite fantastic, but I can't make missions for a mod that I can barely play through.

@h34dup

I understand your frustration. Perhaps wait for 2.6 to come out?

About the chopper going down, I could use that. Maybe pass it over to nettrucker. I think he made a mission with a chopper that went down.

Send to my gmail?

Thanks, buddy.

Hello! Please create a mission "Operation Desert Storm" with any add ons. The main thing that it was actually. And 101 Airborne in Afghanistan.

Hello! Please create a mission "Operation Desert Storm" with any add ons. The main thing that it was actually. And 101 Airborne in Afghanistan.

Maybe you could help out on that?

Get a list of addons and maps you would need and lets go from there.