h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Task Force 42 is coming along well, no serious difficulties aside from the demands of everyday life on both RCMW and myself. Voice acting will be in full-swing very soon, and during that time, I'll be finalizing the Addon+ version and soundtrack.

This past weekend, I finished some more of the intros/outros, the only one left to do is the very last outro for the final mission, which ties the whole thing together (so we want to make sure it's the best it can be).

We are also trying to get a trailer together from the M1 intro (a la The Memory), and possibly a launch trailer (M1 outro), as we haven't been promoting the project recently as much as we could be.

Anyway, everything is going very well, I'm highly excited to release, and possibly do a follow-up mission or two exploring character back stories. Those who participated in testing had nothing but positive things to say (since any bugs ID'ed have been addressed), such as "It’s totally superb. Great, great work. It’s very interesting and I bet it will just rock the community out there!"

Stay tuned and thanks for the interest and support!

"thanks for the interest and support!"

Semper Fi buddy!

I'm sure I'm not the only one really looking forward to this campaign!

Just to let you know, I"ve made the move to Thailand and bought a desk top PC that rocks JUST for this camp of yours.

Put me back 20,000 baht. I know it's an investment that will pay back.

Just wanted to post a quick update on the status of all RWO releases currently in-progress, the thread may seem dead but there is a TON going on behind the scenes:

We welcomed new editors to the RWO initiative - Another123 and Mathias Eichinger

Ia Drang Unsung Campaign by KommieKat, NetTrucker, and TexKaz

Task Force 42 (TF42) Campaign by H34dup and RCMW

Finishing the final outro for the last mission, pursuing voice acting, preparing Addon+ (recommended) version

Op. Barras Campaign by RCMW

Status: WIP, 3 of 6 missions in testing, but on-hold as TF42 takes precedent

Angry Aussies by Another 123 (& H34dup eventually) - See first post for more details

Status: In-progress, H34dup to finalize following the release of TF42

Farrington by Mathias Eichenger - See first post for more details

Drone War by H34dup - See first post for more details

Status: In-Planning (the new FATA map is out of this world, I am already scoping out stuff for a 3-mission mini-camp focusing on the evolution of the drone war)

SEAL Sniper in Iraq (formerly Chris Kyle)

Status: Fixing a few serious bugs. Voice acting is likely not going to be a part of the release. Scrubbing the mission to remove reference to Chris Kyle, as this mission and the RWO initiative at-large is not intended to attribute the likenesses of real people, especially of those who are no longer alive.

Hi Headup I would just like to say that I enjoy your missions / campaigns immensely and I am really looking forward to all of the RWO projects. I feel that I should write this here now because I think there is much less activity on the Arma2/OA forums now that Arma3 is just around the corner. I am certain there are still hundreds of thousands of Arma2 players still out there waiting for your awesome releases!

Keep up your splendid work!

Jonstyle

That's it, we're late august!

TF42 release tomorrow?

The day after tomorrow will be september, so just one day before TF42 release!

Thanks for the kind words, Jonstyle! Let's hope you're right, but even hearing from a few good players like you makes it worth it.

Task Force 42 is still moving along! Voice acting has begun and we are working on getting the hundreds of voice lines recorded. I'm hoping this won't take too long, but it's a daunting task for sure. In the meantime, I'm doing the scripting for the final cinematic, the outro/credits. I plan to get a teaser video together, perhaps I can work on that today. Stay tuned.

Also, in case anyone is interested in reading about some of the main characters from the Camp, here are some brief bios I wrote up for the voice actors to give them some context.

Role: Joanna [FAMILY NAME CLASSIFIED], SIS, Callsign: Sunray

Description: Joanna is a cunning and highly-driven SIS case manager tasked with coordinating the effort to locate Black Shadow and bring him to justice. Her persona is that of a maverick-- bold and unafraid to do what is necessary in the context of asymmetrical warfare. Still, she must contend with challenges presented by both her target and her superiors, in a difficult balancing act that tests both her wits and her willpower.

Role: [NAME CLASSIFIED], Special Reconnaissance Regiment, Callsign: Seeker

Description: Specially selected for this assignment due to his skills in deep cover intelligence gathering operations, Callsign: “Seeker†brings silent defeat to the enemy, preferably without firing a shot. Players will need to memorize a cover story, which the contact will question before revealing the location of the intel.

Role: Sgt. [NAME CLASSIFIED], C Sq SBS, Callsign: Charlie 22

Description: Charlie 22 is a team leader in the SBS, part of C Squadron’s Charlie Troop, under the command of Charlie 10. He is one of the troop’s best, and has been selected to spearhead the two night raids ordered on Black Shadow, after proving his aptitude securing a downed UAV as part of a Quick Reaction Force (QRF). He participated in a raid in 2007 that killed Taliban senior military commander, Mullah Dadullah Lang, and is rumored to have fired the killing shot.

Role: Sgt. Trent “Jackdaw†Whitwell, B Sq 22 SAS, Callsign: Echo 20

Description: “Jackdaw†Whitwell is a seasoned veteran of numerous special operations with the SAS. His resume includes leading numerous long-range patrols on rough terrain deep within enemy-held territory; and as with most of the SAS, he’s spent most of the WOT since 2003 in Iraq. When command needs a team to operate in the Lower Gereshk valley without substantial ground support, his unit, callsign: Echo 20, is called in to apply their skills.

Role: [NAME CLASSIFIED], [uNIT CLASSIFIED (E Sq, “The Incrementâ€)], Callsign: Hunter

Description: An elite special forces operator for so long, his name and identity have faded from existence, leaving only the callsign, “Hunter†and a trail of neutralized targets. While operating in deep cover against the Haqqani network, he is contacted by the Chief of SIS, “C†who authorizes a covert assassination.

As promised, here is a hefty teaser + trailer combo with a dizzying montage of the action to come...

An update on TF 42--

The past couple weeks have been rough - some real world bullshit to deal with. Despite this, the voice acting effort has been making some good progress! At the moment, I'm mastering voice lines, adding them to game, and testing things out.

So far, so good-- this is the advantage of using CfgRadio and directSay or sideRadio for dialogue, because if set up correctly, you can simply add the voice audio files and it will work immediately after you save in the editor.

so headup, how far are you from release?

do you have much to do before it?

are all missions finished or not?

Tough to try and give a specific release date, as that would be based on the availability of the voice actors. I'm hoping to have all the voice work done in the next two or so weeks, but it could be longer.

All of the missions are finished for the Lite version, I'm still waiting to start the Addon+ version, as I want to minimize the need to make changes in two separate versions of the same mission once I fork them. So once the Lite version has all the voices and M6 outro is complete, along with some additions to the soundtrack and a few tweaks to be uncovered as I test out the voices, the Addon+ version can begin. It shouldn't take too long, but I do intend to add some bonus content to the Addon+ version.

We are looking for some voice acting help, as one of our major roles, for SBS Team Leader Charlie 22, is now open, along with a few medium 5-7 line roles and a bunch of short 1-3 roles.

We need voice acotrs with British, Scottish or Irish accents, and if at all possible, some kind of Arabic/Pashto/Dari or other Afghan/Pakistan-native language.

Hi mate, looks a great project, from my side I will be more than happy to participate with our developing Project82 Falklands\Malvinas mod, I have already some missions ready for old ArmA mod, and once units and map will be ready should be easy to convert the old missions with the new terrain\units.

Will let you know.

Updated the first post of this thread to reflect the release of Mathias Eichinger's excellent Codename Farrington mission! Give it a go if you have not yet checked this mission out!

Thank you for the kind words, headup - such remarks are really heart warming. :). BTW, my mission has its own thread and I always appreciate feedback.

Operation Gothic Serpent

Campaign created by Wiki, brought to RWO standards, can be found at this link:

Sorry, on hold for a short spell!

Edited by Kommiekat
update

Voice Acting efforts continue for TF42, we should have enough help to get everything done soon. Many of the main roles are complete, so now it's just a matter of getting all the minor roles delegated. Also added some extra soundtrack music and bug fixes/tweaks, I'm only now getting a chance to test the "complete" missions for bugs, fortunately most of it seems solid.

Voice acting is really coming along and is almost complete! It's head and shoulders above any voice work in my previous projects, TF42 is a step forward on all fronts!

Huge thanks to everyone who submitted some voice lines, as well as to those of you following the project for your patience and support!