John Spartan

F/A 18 Super Hornet for Arma 2 OA

@John

can't you use Meatball's pilot?

@Wiki, that was the idea initialy, but till Meatbal gets them updated we will stick to BIS one.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

@soldier2320, that's great. It's an interesting idea for E/F plane pilots and WSO's to have different uniforms, but are they actualy so different? I mean besides squadron markings is there any difference. Also I would kinda like to keep this initial 1.0 release BIS style, plane nd pilot - so lets avoid squadron markings (something generic) just like rest of ARMA units so they fit in better. And then when Meatbal will update his mar_pilot we can usi thatas an realistic replacement.

hi john.

here is something I just noticed:

there is sound when you fold or unfold wings - which is good.

however:

-when the plane has folded wings and I put engine on, the wings will unfold, but there will be no sound.

-when the engine is on and I use "fold wings" action, they won't fold, but there will be the sound

here is the things I think should be done:

-when the engine is on:

either delete the sound as the wings don't move

or suppress the "fold wings" action

-when the wings are folded and player start the engine, put the wings sound (as they will automatically unfold)

dunno if I'm clear enough...

Wiki, well spoted, indeed there was this akward bug, removed the "Fold Wings" action once engine is started.

@Wiki, HD textures is still in progress, but the ones I updated after merging all small textures looks much better (set the texture quality to high you will see). There is a small test mission for you mate, let me know if you spot any bugs - JS_FA18_BETA_v085_test_mission

- managed to merge textures in to couple of big ones (reduced addon size from 25Mb to 14Mb)

- fixed a lot of small issues

- added CAG and LOW vis color schemes

- loadouts corrected and currently working on user friendly GUI dialog for rearming if lets say near hangar/nimitz

- ALTFLIR is my biggest strugle still working on scripts, Franze gave me couple of good ideas so truing to build something out of it

- LOD issue should be fixed now

- Integrated animation for refueling probe, butt this option is a bit dependent on Feints progress with his Aerial Refueling Module

+ ACE config is slowly coming aswell

Edited by John_Spartan

Has anyone seen some good example of ALTFLIR in ARMA 2 on fixed wing aircraft? The solution I am able to script is a simple one. Franzee came up with some decent ideas, but I was wondering has enyone done it already.

nothing to report here, no bug detected (however, I may have skipped hem).

the bug I mentionned has been dealt with so it's ok now.

good job!

Ok, we had a decent progress towards 1.0 version. First of all for thouse who wanted the "cookie" so badly, the ACE version is on it's way together with 1.0 update.

Also pilots from Task Force Blackjack, Gryphon Company have spent a lot of time helping me test this bird in MP/COOP enviorment. Special thank's goes to D. Welch, person who offered his advice and joined this project bringing in a real life USAF pilot expiriance to create more realistic flight model and advised how to improve ACE version.

One of lads from Gryphon Company has made a awesome demo video check it out

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I totaly forgot, i recently had a conversation with my friend about AFTERBURNER function. Currently to engade afterburner in vanilla ARMA 2 version "vehicle turbo" key is mapped, where my mate pointed out that he would prefer to activate burner thru action menu and also have an option to accelerate with default "vehicle turbo". Any ideas and suggestions, this is the point where you as a end user of addon can suggest a better way of doing it. (ACE version will have it's default afterburner key mapped).

Yeah, about the afterburner, this is something I did report in previous beta test.

Dunno how to figure this out, however you may unpbo another plane to see how the guy set it up.

Good news anyway.

@Wiki, I know man, that's why I brought this up cas i'm on it and wanna fix it. I can always unmap "vehicle turbo" and leave it with action menu only. BTW is there any key thet noone uses, like from BIS keybord settings defined?

Edited by John_Spartan

Expected GLT_MissileBox full compatibility? As of right now, i cannot fire AIM9Ms/Xs/AIM7s from GLT_MissileBox with your F/A-18s, would really love compatibility :D

Also the AIM120Cs are not working correctly they are set to air-to-ground missiles and not Air-to-air thus neither players or AI can lock on to aircraft with them.

Cheers. Love the F/A18E/F :D

@Girox, mate you are talking about ACE compatability - as stated earlier patiance it will be added in 1.0 version. GLT will be up to user to add. I'll provide script base for custom loadouts with tutorial, and model already supports any possible loadout. As for ACE then default ACE weapons will used in that version. I would like to keep this addon standalone but compatible. Lets say if you use ACE, then besides ACE core you dont need any additional downloads, this is something I decided talking to quite a lot of mission makers and I agree to the point having less dependancies as possible.

@Girox, mate you are talking about ACE compatability - as stated earlier patiance it will be added in 1.0 version. GLT will be up to user to add. I'll provide script base for custom loadouts with tutorial, and model already supports any possible loadout. As for ACE then default ACE weapons will used in that version. I would like to keep this addon standalone but compatible. Lets say if you use ACE, then besides ACE core you dont need any additional downloads, this is something I decided talking to quite a lot of mission makers and I agree to the point having less dependancies as possible.

Idk if you understood wrong or if i did. But not having ACE compability conflicts with GLT_Missilebox? If so then ok. But otherwise i mean i've been using GLT_missilebox missiles and they show up as expected except they are not ready to fire, it just sits in the red reloading state.

@Giorox, have you added all GLT launchers instead of default ones (weapons not only magazines). In vanilla ARMA with no ace, GLT missilbox should work. At least noone reported any bugs earlier. if problem persists let me know I'll look deper in to it. Or just PM me with a version of rearm script you are using so I can see where the problem is.

Edited by John_Spartan

@Giorox, have you added all GLT launchers instead of default ones (weapons not only magazines). In vanilla ARMA with no ace, GLT missilbox should work. At least noone reported any bugs earlier. if problem persists let me know I'll look deper in to it. Or just PM me with a version of rearm script you are using so I can see where the problem is.

Oh stupid me. I've been running with ACE all this time aswell. Guess i use it so much i dont even notice anymore :P

But yeah it should be working fine.

I am aware that BETA 0.7 is not ACE compatible, as I said since a lot of users asked for it, it will be included, but not earlier than in next two or three weeks with 1.0 version coming up. If you do your own custom loadout try out ACE default weapons/magazines it will work fine, just remember about loading magazines first in correct sequence, see readme with proxy numbers on model mate.

I really hope you keep the Afterburner on the "Vehicle Turbo" key, I hate having to dig into the menu to enable/disable such a feature. I mean it SHOULD be somehow attached to full throttle, but arma wont allow for that sadly. Also, IS the ALTFLIR referring to the gunner camera that he can enter? A friend and I were trying to figure out how to get it to move as it seems locked to the front. Cheers! Its a Very good addon. My community is looking to add it in our pack as soon as its ACE compatible, no rush though, looks like you are working feverishly enough as it is!

there always is an option of two separate configs - one with one without - mapped key.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Pilots from Gryphon Company of TFB BLACKJACK have made one more awesome video. Thank's to PFC J.Cline and CWR4 Don Welch for helping with testing this addon.