Sign in to follow this  
Coltace

Patch coming monday !

So the question i''d like to ask is honestly why did you buy the game?

For every one else why did you buy Iron Front?

1) Tank damage system which could be even better

2) Commercial WW2 product on RV3 engine ( but it looks like some lite version ) maybe due performance

But it has very poor support what is bad.

Seriously, looks as if Gunter makes too many assumptions. I feel as though I've been thoroughly dicked over as a customer. I don't care if it is the exact game I had wanted, I'm not foolish enough to put up with any more. Orange glowing heads, how ****ing long can it take to give us a fix for just that even? I don't care who's fault it is, I'm done, and all those involved have lost much respect from me.

But no, I must just not be a "true fan(boy)". If this game had no relation to ArmA and this forum, I'd bet money that half the people defending it would throw a fit. Date or no date, this is just crap.

Hey guys, I'm going to release my own eastern front game on Tuesday. Note I never specified which Tuesday however.

Edited by GRS

Hey guys, I'm going to release my own eastern front game on Tuesday. Note I never specified which Tuesday however.

I'll make a thread about it!

looks as if Gunter makes too many assumptions.

I'm here you can talk to me directly, but ya I'm assuming you are really into WW2 and its history, or is this just another WW2 game for you?

I should have worded it better in my previous post, and no pun intended btw i can understand your frustration.

Would you simply not play the game and be frustrated over a couple of problems, I mean the game isn't completely unplayable, it dont crash, or freeze,

which would be worse then a pumpkin face on the Russians, but is that bug seriously destroying the game that you are unable to play at all, or are

their other bugs or problems you see that prevents you from playing?

Theres other WW2 games you could play in the meantime til the game gets patched if you dont want to play it.

The pumpkin faces dont bother me so much, its the explosions and swishy sounds of the explosions and dust and some sounds that could be made a bit more realistic, but i still can play it.

AWar has the patch obviously, and there is something they are waiting for, or something in between, or some company political BS they are going through as before.

Their communication sucks, and you have every right to be pissed, and not accept this delay,

I myself am also not happy with the situation, as they have said one thing and then nothing happened.

But no, I must just not be a "true fan(boy)". If this game had no relation to ArmA and this forum, I'd bet money that half the people defending it would throw a fit.

No one said you were or were not a fan boy, i personally could care less whos a fanboy, we all have the game and are dealing with the same situation, some folks just take it worse more then others.

I dont like the situation but im not going to stop playing ir or supporting it because they have a delay in their patch or update, the lack of communication as I have stated several times

on IF forums does piss me off though, but we are already throwing a fit, i think the thread on IF forums have already demonstrated that.

The game just happens to be using the Arma2CO engine, and the company Awar are former mod team from OFP lib Mod, so I think Awar only gravitated to

Arma engine as they have built on it before, and never tried another engine. If they had the game on another engine, it wouldn't make any difference to me, I have other WW2

games that having nothing to do with BIS games.

So what made you want to buy Iron Front before and when it released, I'm just asking honestly, not trying to be smart, I'd like to read what folks like/liked

about the game or what features it had that intrigued you enough to want to buy it?

It's cool, and trust me man, I am VERY interested in WW2, especially the eastern front. I bought this game because I wanted ArmA:WW2 Eastern Front and when I had heard of it, I was enthralled. I do however have a line of BS that once crossed, causes me to stop caring about even things I once liked. This is one of those things that crossed that line.

Eh, who am I kidding, I'll be back eventually.

It's cool, and trust me man, I am VERY interested in WW2, especially the eastern front.

I'm sure you have heard or even possibly played RO (Red Orchestra and RO2)?

Have you ever played the original Lib mod 1041-1945 from OFP?

News from the IF forums:

Some new info in http://wiki.iron-front.com/index.php/Main_Page!!

according to wiki, the patch is coming out tomorrow on 26.Nov.12! Dadaa, early Xmas present!

Also linked on that page is the page is detailed info on whats in the patch too

Patch 1.04 Page:

http://wiki.iron-front.com/index.php/IF:Patch_1.04

Set to release on a Monday. From what it lists it looks like they got the Engine update from BIS

New: Engine version for a more stable game. Enhanced AI, enhanced performance.

Set to release on a Monday. From what it lists it looks like they got the Engine update from BIS

In case you don`t know - there can`t be a patch without newer engine version. It just will not set up.

Isn't that what I just said, the 1.04 patch is supposed to have the new update which means including

as I quoted from the changelog linked on my previous post:

New: Engine version for a more stable game. Enhanced AI, enhanced performance.

I mean - it is nothing surprising here - new patch always means newer version of the engine.

That really wasn't my point, but yes I agree with you it isn't surprising, but I made note in my post that the new version was added,

that means that AWar got the engine update from BIS np, which is what we have been waiting for, for about a week and half.

Günter, the exact same changelog was posted on 12th of November, and plese dont think any work was done on that patch in the last 3 months, DS has stopped paying for any work done to IFL44 you can read that in bold letters beewtween any post of Panzer Baron.

No cash, no writing of any lines of code. They are professionals not spare time mod makers.

No cash, no writing of any lines of code. They are professionals not spare time mod makers.

Well now that cashflow is extinct the status should´ve changed back to mod maker, right?

So, the biggest part of November 26 has passed, the work day is over, and still no patch. How many lies can they tell about the patch before it simply transitions over to fraud? I don't really care who's fault it is this time, because on the forums they've said what they claim they've been told more than half a dozen times now, and it's all been completely false every time. Screw the lot of them, wish I hadn't bought their game on Steam...