Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Community Configuration Project (A2CCP)

As long as right clicking on target under reticles works even with autoguideat off, that would be great.

It works now. If it doesn't work then there is no point to be a tank commander.

All unaltered A2 units in OA including USMC and RU and CDF have no radar in gunner and Driver seat, just check out LAV 25 and BTR90 AAVP or Vodnik HMG. It worled pretty welöl all the time until OA came out and players got lazy and used to arcade. Another big problem is that MANPADS are close tuo useless in ArmA while there are a real threat in Simulations and RL to the low flying aircraft...and in ArmA all aircraft tend to fly low. (below 1000m)

Edited by Beagle

Crap or not, I think the question is game changing or bug fixing?

Change game with addons, fix bugs with A2CCP please.

^^ I very, very strongly agree with this. I hope A2CCP doesn't make A2CO a mod of itself!

We cant just think of what "we" want, but what is best for ALL people playing this game. Remember that a lot of players are not part of this community, or a community at all, and we dont know what they prefer.

It's not about who wants what, it's more about how should it be refering to real life and not how I want it to be or you.

I stil think a "middle way" here regarding magic radar would be to rest it to the way it was in A2, only Commanders have acess to the radar tab, this prevents the exploit of driving an gunning at the same time by simply tab, fire, tab, fire and let AI do the tracking and targeting hitting targets that are not even rendered.

Fully agree. Was way better back in ArmA 2!

It makes PvP absolutely futile in any tactical realim manner and is what usually destroys aby Warfare pvp match (you see 50% of players quitting at this point usually when tab war begins)

Absolutely correct. Experienced this a good umber of times. Very disappointing and not realistic (unfair).

You cannot only tab lock targets behind a smoke screen but also targets beyond rendering range ...

Very true and disappointing.

All unaltered A2 units in OA including USMC and RU and CDF have no radar in gunner and Driver seat, just check out LAV 25 and BTR90 AAVP or Vodnik HMG. It worled pretty welöl all the time until OA came out and players got lazy and used to arcade.

Very true!

Well then go for the middle way.

Radar only for commanders!

Fully agree. Got used to commander radar only (also gunner radar if Shilka/Tunguska) in A2 and never complained about, because it was done this way with no options. Let's return to basics.

One thing. Downloaded 99806 CCP included. Do I have to activate CCP anyhow or is it running by default anyway because included in patch?

Edited by Groove_C

Something to think about - when lots of people here are talking about realism, why not to disable autoGuide of ATGMs in game difficulty at all? Why should SACLOS missiles be able to lock on target, breaking the tech-advance of modern vehicles? All other difficulty options don't "break the line" as much as this.

1. - it would put the game closer to reality

2. - all addon-makers and the CCP now would have easier work, as they won't need to 'somehow' determine how the SACLOS missiles should behave when the AutoGuide is on (see Metis, NLAW and Dragon before CCP)

Well then go for the middle way.

Radar only for commanders!

Now that I think of it:

Radar only for Commanders, exept in AA vehicels.

Radar only for Commanders, exept in AA vehicels.

I like it! In AA vehicles only gunner and commander should have be able to lock targets. Driver of AA vehicles should still be missing ability to lock targets or even missing radar too.

Edited by Vipera

It has turned out over time that ArmA II is indeed the better PvP game. I play it more and more often online despite the engine shortcomings and because of the fact that a lot of A2 features (A2 unit A.I. related like A.I. conversation) do not work properly in OA...The best solution would be to revert back to how it worked in A2 while keeping the advanced feature of OA.

And removing Radar from Gunners and Drivers (exept AA ;)) is a pure config job by settign showRadarDriver=0, showRadarGunner=0

Will not solve all problems but will improve gameplay in the means of more realistic procedures and less exploitable features that made the game just easier but not better. the "Want to be" FCS is still unharmed since gunner can still click on visible targets and still have the ability of manual input since klicking the targets given an Laser Lock warning alert to the target. (thats why manual range input is so important angaist players...it gives no warning.

Edited by Beagle

^^ I very, very strongly agree with this. I hope A2CCP doesn't make A2CO a mod of itself!

We get few people on MP mostly because of this way of thinking ... if ccp can fix a lot of things and add some "legit" features to vehicles,we will get rid of a lot of small mods on our servers that most of players fail to get on the net and get disadvantaged ... there are old guys playing this game and won't bother learning how to get a mod and install it !

The more we can do with CCP project,the better it will be ...

In other hand,can we get some feedback on these two tickets,maybe it will catch Kju's attention:P

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/66374

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/66875

Edited by On_Sabbatical

there are old guys playing this game and won't bother learning how to get a mod and install it !

You're talking about me! It's not that im not able to use or eveb write a Config mod, done that back in OFP itsmoe that I want the gane to work good out of the box and I'm tired to mess with mods again and again just to learn that a peculiar mod makes even more trouble than it solves. I just want to hit "Join Mission" play 2 hours and not have to think about enabling or disdabling mods all the time.

And I do not condider it game breaking to ask for changes that bring the game closer to cambat proofed facts, like Bushmaster has more , in fact double the destructive power (penetration) than 2A42 (you can read that everywhere) but not in game, and that MANPADS bring down modern CHopeprs with ease in one shot, but not in game, and that Modern Tanks like T90 have modern TI system and good protection against AT warheads, but not in game.

And yes I write GAME I refuse to call ArmA 2 a Simulation simply because it simplifies basically anything to such a degree that yoj can onyl call it a battle emulator. the onyl reason I still stick to it is because noboy came out with a better software so far that delivers the same broad scope.

But it's simply ridiculous to shoot a T72 into the lower track area and have it explode 3 seconds later while knowing that IFL44 based on the same engine has a elaborate armour penetration system. (but sadly no online player base anymore)

Edited by Beagle

IFL44 based on the same engine has a elaborate armour penetration system. (but sadly no online player base anymore)

Just noting that IFL44's damage system doesn't work with the "killed" event handler in the engine so it's not very easy at all to detect whether any vehicle is dead in the game (which makes it difficulty for scripters). Unless it actually catches fire like a normal ArmA 2 vehicle death (which used to happen sometimes when I played).

Their system (while neat) is just a scripted system. I don't want a scripted system thrown on top of ArmA 2. Either do it at engine level or don't do it at all.

Just noting that IFL44's damage system doesn't work with the "killed" event handler in the engine so it's not very easy at all to detect whether any vehicle is dead in the game (which makes it difficulty for scripters). Unless it actually catches fire like a normal ArmA 2 vehicle death (which used to happen sometimes when I played).

Their system (while neat) is just a scripted system. I don't want a scripted system thrown on top of ArmA 2. Either do it at engine level or don't do it at all.

Yes but even with the old hitpoitn system you can do beter than just "hit track, tank explodes". The helicopter class shows clearly that mobility kills are posssible within A2 without scripted damage handlers.

Yes but even with the old hitpoitn system you can do beter than just "hit track, tank explodes". The helicopter class shows clearly that mobility kills are posssible within A2 without scripted damage handlers.

Take a look at ACE, they have a quite decent system. Of course it´s scripted, but it does the job.

Hi, guys.

Please, help voting for these tickets.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67507

Horizon scanning (using eyes) zooming in with RMB results in holding breath and makes it impossible to aim good enough trying to hold breath right after (using optics/iron sights) because exhausted and need to rest.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67477

Vodnik 2A42 should also get smoke launchers activated same as for smoke launchers on LAV-25 HQ/BMP-2 HQ/BTR-90 HQ which will be activated in next patch. See https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67316.

P.S. - Vodnik 2A42 also has 3D smoke launchers models present on its turret.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/15548#change-150148

Mi-8 Medevacs should also get flares same as on Mi-8 with PKMs. And because UH-60S MEV since always had them.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67506

Su-25/Mi-24 armor too weak

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/67412

Su-25 should also have chaff, not just flare.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/14052#change-150107

Su-25 incoming missiles warning missing

Edited by Groove_C

1. use numpad + to zoom or bind another key to zoom, problem solved.

2. agreed

3. Neither the Mi-8 Medevac nor the Mi-8 takistan shows the CM dispensers, so in fact the CM on taki Mi-8 should be removed. The only one that should have CM is the Mi-8-MTV3 that shows the proper CM dispensers.

4. No, armour HP is already to strong on all aircraft, the Mi-24 can take 2 Sabots already, its onyl the egines that die immediately all the time.

5. The Su-25 is less manouverable and needs more speed to take off in real life and at least in DCS too...and it bleeds speed in manouvers because it has a bad weight to thrust ratio.

6. Chaffs are only a visual gimmick there is no real effect in ArmA. The CM dispanser can be loaded in any fashion from Chaff to flres mix or only flares...you would choose only flares in a low level flight since it can load only 60.

7. Missile warning is broken for almost ALL non BAF included or related aircraft since BAF and 1.57, see CIT Ticket 27242 reported one year ago.

Edited by Beagle

1. use numpad + to zoom or bind another key to zoom

Not practical. If possible to work around, why not.

3. Neither the Mi-8 Medevac nor the Mi-8 takistan shows the CM dispensers, so in fact the CM on taki Mi-8 should be removed. The only one that should have CM is the Mi-8-MTV3 that shows the proper CM dispensers.

Not good approach. Following this way, should also be removed flares for C-130J or for Apache AH1 and no flares added to MV-22 because none of them have 3D models for dispensers present on cockpit?

Or remove already present flares for Mi-8's with PKMs because no 3D models for dispensers present on cockpit?

Nobody will redesign 3D models. So logically should be added flares for choppers that have them in real life.

4. No, armour HP is already to strong on all aircraft, the Mi-24 can take 2 Sabots already, its onyl the egines that die immediately all the time.

Read carefully! I didn't talk about armor in general, but about the fact, that soldier equipped with pistol or automatic rifle can kill crew inside through bulletproof glass shooting few rounds!

5. The Su-25 is less manouverable and needs more speed to take off in real life and at least in DCS too...and it bleeds speed in manouvers because it has a bad weight to thrust ratio.

Previous post edited + ticket closed.

6. Chaffs are only a visual gimmick there is no real effect in ArmA.

Would be great to have a statement maybe from .kju concerning effects form chaffs.

Edited by Groove_C

100% agree with most Beagle posts also bullet proof glass option is not issue because if you allow enemy get to your plane means you already lost your air base and any other outcome of such situation is not issue.

I can imagine that you probably want to simulate James bond moment,when he get on base and steal aircraft and bullet proof glass allow him to take off and kill other jets,but it only movie.reality is different.

2 sabot problem is real issue - yesterday I hit mi24 with 3 sabots to destroy.

And unfortunately I must to notice that guys responsible for simulations of PVP in game not understand the main problem and why empty mp servers and not major organized battles now.

I not talking about 70 players in http://arma-wargames.com/ or some amount of players on Russians servers.

So simply to understand that not necessary to have 10km view distance or have millions of features which for most people very hard to understand how they works and vanilla version not really works is also not issue for good pvp.

Main problem that not only vanilla game not works as should and also mod,which can be simple and effective bring PVP battles still not available.DAYZ and PR proved that good mod can be attractive and playable.

If we can create good mod,which can be installed with 2 clicks and able to present good PVP game it will be more than enough.

The also problem that game almost not simulate PVP other than on infantry small arms fire level.You can jump into air or ground vehicles and not tell anyone a single words start crashing the enemy on any distance not depends on server settings.

Edited by kotov12345

100% agree with most Beagle posts also bullet proof glass option is not issue because if you allow enemy get to your plane means you already lost your air base and any other outcome of such situation is not issue.

2 sabot problem is real issue - yesterday I hit mi24 with 3 sabots to destroy.

Random assault rifle fire killing Su-25 pilot during flight are not unheard of. At the moment god damned Makarov penetrates it.

Edited by SaMatra

Random assault rifle fire killing Su-25 pilot during flight are not unheard of. At the moment god damned Makarov penetrates it.

is it effect PVP gameplay ?

if you allow enemy get to your plane means you already lost your air base.

I can imagine that you probably want to simulate James bond moment,when he get on base and steal aircraft and bullet proof glass allow him to take off and kill other jets,but it only movie.reality is different.

is it effect PVP gameplay

OMG :D I see no sense at all in your comments. We're not talking about different/possible movie scenarios or if it brings something to PvP or not.

The fact is that Su-25/Mi-24 glass is bulletproof and that's it.

CCP is not really about PVP,it's about improving things ,and bugfixing configs !

well, ok what target then ?

Reality is fact that you can not fix all bugs,can not fix most bugs....You can fix SMALL AMOUNT of bugs.To have some result you need to choose what bugs effect game play.Unless you simulate James bond movie you need to fix bugs which effect war simulations first.

PS I think that to fix your armor glass you need change addons at least and may be change engine,as looks like all glass in game have same properties.

Edited by kotov12345