Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2: Community Configuration Project (A2CCP)

Would be much better if tickets/changes for A2OA Patch 1.63 would be based on somewhat real/logic instead of "for the sake of balanced gameplay" or just personal preference/opinion. The main focus of A2CCP should be more on fixing issues, bugs and get A2 stuff to OA level. Please, dont get sidetracked to "(over-)tweak" all the A2/OA stuff so people have to re-make their missions/campaigns/addons/mods just because of A2CCP. :)

I can see no changes for the sake of "balanced gameplay", can you?

@ Danil-ch

I spent quite some time to break down the config changes of these.

In the current state both tickets and supplied addons are unusable unfortunately.

@ Radius of supply trucks is too short

Probably will be done using new subclasses for mission designers to use. At least for the ammo truck.

@ Brainbug

Post your Vikhr/Kamov thoughts here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/8890

Best you move on, if you don't want to help the project in a meaningful way.

Kju, how do I select unguided missiles in Mi-24P with CCP mod active?

Sorry to say NoRailgunner but I can only remember you provoke in discussions and not contribute, and you do again in here. So have a nice day yes.

@ Vipera

Get in as pilot and change weapons.

So no developer KJU, Suma, Maruk has any time to address the concerns I and others raised about side affects of the changes to AutoGuideAT? All I want is a possible compromise, I don't even mind what the fix is trying to achieve, just it's side affects.

I thought it was a community project and we where able to discuss problems and raise concerns we had with changes. So I guess I don't count as part of the community then?

It's pretty arrogant and not very professional to just ignore me. If I had a developer explain to me why they think it's an acceptable change (with the fact it's unintentionally(?) breaking another feature) that made some sense I would accept it. I am not completely unreasonable you know...

And please don't get annoyed that I am bringing it up again...what do you expect if you keep ignoring me?

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29024

;2261145']

@ Vipera

Get in as pilot and change weapons.

If it worked I didn't ask. I can use only machinegun as a pilot. And I can use bombs and guided missiles when I switch to manual fire. I can't use unguided missiles in Manual and Not Manual modes as a pilot in Mi-24P.

Update: I found where problem was. I play with the joystick and had "Switch gunner weapon" binded to the joystick key instead of "Switch weapon" key. So, problem solved. I apologize for that.

Edited by Vipera

So no developer KJU, Suma, Maruk has any time to address the concerns

Seany Dude as far as I know this MAY BE only an option (ON or OFF), will depend on server admin in mp games.Not off by the default and it will compromise by itself,to have Off or ON.Are you from Canada by any chance ?

"Tanks with auxilary Power Generators turn on main motor when turning the turret"

This one needs to be fixed before 1.63 ,it took enough time !

"Tanks with auxilary Power Generators turn on main motor when turning the turret"

This one needs to be fixed before 1.63 ,it took enough time !

Wich ones are they ?

In a tank vs tank fight the one wich has engine off will not show up on enemies radar.

This could be a problem.

I miss the order engine off this would help much more. Maybe in A3 ;)

Wich ones are they ?

In a tank vs tank fight the one wich has engine off will not show up on enemies radar.

This could be a problem.

Tanks should have no Radar, that became obsolete with OA TI but instead of removal it was given to every crewman. SAnd Cools tanks libve longer is a old proverb because cold tanks that lie in ambush dont show in TI because they tend to have the temperature of the surounding. Basically all tanks that have electric or electric driven hydraulic turret drive can move turret without engine power. At least that goes for all M1Ax and T-90 and all APCs Edited by Beagle

So no developer KJU, Suma, Maruk has any time to address the concerns I and others raised about side affects of the changes to AutoGuideAT? All I want is a possible compromise, I don't even mind what the fix is trying to achieve, just it's side affects.

I thought it was a community project and we where able to discuss problems and raise concerns we had with changes. So I guess I don't count as part of the community then?

It's pretty arrogant and not very professional to just ignore me. If I had a developer explain to me why they think it's an acceptable change (with the fact it's unintentionally(?) breaking another feature) that made some sense I would accept it. I am not completely unreasonable you know...

And please don't get annoyed that I am bringing it up again...what do you expect if you keep ignoring me?

This is a topic that would interest me aswell. May we have a statement to this, please?

This could be a problem

I'm sure you know smeshnoi and ask him how real system works and stop use exploits in game :) glue tab key and put black cello tap on screen :) on radar mark :)

Yes we want statement please,when TAB to lock will be removed ? :) cadets should grow into veterans one day.

.kju, yesterday I was cheking aircrafts firing flares and their ammo and noticed that several jets and helis are firing flares from wrong positions and some in wrong directions and also noticed that several are visually firing their FFARs from wrong positions and cannons' muzzleflashes are missplaced on some aircrafts as well.

I will later today add to already existing Several choppers and planes are missing flares missplaced flare firing positions with pictures as proof for each aircraft and will add pictures where you will see what is the right position for firing them and in which direction.

However I will have to create new ticket for missplaced FFAR firing positions and missplaced cannons muzzlflashes for some aircrafts i think.

Edited by Groove_C

There is a workaround for this I just found out recently: as a tank commander oder ALL-REGROUP (~-1-1). Gunner will turn the turret in driving direction and driver will shut down engines after a while.

To all complaining about handling of changes:

This thread was created on Oct 18; that's about six weeks. Where were you to discuss, make suggestions, test tweaks. Instead of complaining now you should have contributed during the last six weeks. Just my 2 cents.

@Guess Who

Not everyone knows how to make config improvements. Some are limited to test tweaks, making suggestions and discuss about it. Ignoring != discussing. Also tweaks can only be discussed once they are available which wasn't the case on Oct. 18.

Myke;2261494']@Guess Who

Not everyone knows how to make config improvements. Some are limited to test tweaks' date=' making suggestions and discuss about it. Ignoring != discussing. Also tweaks can only be discussed once they are available which wasn't the case on Oct. 18.[/quote']

Myke

No, but discussions were happening. Tweaks existed in mods for a long time. Lots of people complained since forever over the most bugs adressed in this project. This thread got to 20 pages of discussion in a relative short time, so discussion did happen. Here and on dev heaven.

What I am trying to adress in my post is: it's cheap to complain about something at the end of a development cycle and questioning everything achieved. And it is cheap to get on someones back for taking the initiative and getting things done. Instead you (not you personally, but in the common forum population sense) should applaud him.

Like some here I wasn't happy with some of the changes planned with the CCP. But I tried and tested the tweaks through the test releases and I have to say that over all the changes are very balanced between the needs of PVP and SP players. There is an option for everyone and I am very happy with the outcome. Just try it.

Please go back in the thread and read -=seany=-'s posts. They were made in a respectful manner but still he has been ignored for no apparent reason. He tries to contribute by testing things out and commenting on them but he doesn't get serious replies on it.

I have found some difficulties with being tank commander when AutoGuideAT OFF:

1. When AutoGuideAT OFF then there is no green diamond marker on target which tells you that gunner is ready to shoot. If commander does't see his tank cannon barrel (during zoom) then he doesn't know if gunner still turning the cannon or he is already aimed to the target. Could be better if gunner will say "Ready" at the moment when he finished his aim to the target (at the moment when green diamond is shown with AutoGuideAT ON).

2. If you give order to the gunner using radio then he starts complete your order after the sound with order finished - "Attack that tank". Sometimes this phrase is long and there is a big delay between when you give order and when gunner starts to complete order. The gunner has to start complete the order when player pressed the button without waiting when speech with order stops to play.

3. When you want to give order using radio and icons at the bottom of screen then it is hard to know to whom you have to give this order. For example, if you are in BMP3 you see three identical "gunner" icons. If you have many tanks under command in Warfare game then some crew members might be mixed so you are unable to identify if this is your gunner or from another tank. We need to highlight player's crew somehow.

Edited by Vipera

Myke;2261506']Please go back in the thread and read -=seany=-'s posts. They were made in a respectful manner but still he has been ignored for no apparent reason. He tries to contribute by testing things out and commenting on them but he doesn't get serious replies on it.

Been there, done that. And the problems resulting from this distinct fix have been discussed pages before. I know, because they were brought up by me. Don't get me wrong, discussions are needed. But there comes a time when you need to move on to actions. Otherwise we would end up in the same situation as we are since the introduction of OA: complaining over glitches and bugs that don't get fixed for years. With A3 around the corner this is unacceptable. The alternative is to cancel this project and turn into another mod if to many people are unhappy with it. But I feel that a lot of people would be unhappy with that as well.

I wont disagree to you, Guess Who. The problem is, seany tries now for several days to get some statement about the found issue, it's not like he just came up yesterday with it. In this special case the chamge/fix seems to break another feature which is quite simply not acceptable. So a clarification on about how the plans are to solve this new issue isn't asked too much if this intends to be a "community" project, else it would have to be renamed to "A2PvPCP".

But all we get so far is silence.