Sign in to follow this  
ruhtraeel

Modders/Programmers/Modellers/Animators, what do you intend on doing with the game?

Writing C++ on a piece of paper? sounds like hell :p

Myke;2241156']boons :D

http://hackertyper.com/

...the scary realization of where your life is headed when you understand most of the stuff on the screen.

I approve of the userbase potential in modding this game :-)

Edited by ruhtraeel

Modeller/hobby level designer here

im going to make some dark evil assets..just because i can, i mean think of this:

A dark evil wizard from another planet has come to earth, the island of Limnos to be exact to find the artifact that will allow him to take control of the laws of physics and time and therefore the universe!, and you and you team of ragtag mercenaries that happen to have crashed their blackhawk nearby (because video game logic, thats why) are the only ones that have a chance to stop the dark alien wizard.

The mediterranean island has turned into a dark wasteland, dark spires towering out of the ground and all kinds of dark evil looking things, chaos gates, sacrificing tables...lava!

hows that for story line...hah!

Writing C++ on a piece of paper? sounds like hell :p

...that awkward moment when I do it every time someone uses the electric kettle and causes a blackout in our building.

...that awkward moment when I do it every time someone uses the electric kettle and causes a blackout in our building.

fine fine...it sounds like hell to me, maybe not the rest of you :p

Ha, working in the dark on the code explains a lot :232:

Ha, working in the dark on the code explains a lot :232:

this right here made my day ;) even if it is only the kettle to blame ;)

Yes, we had the game completely rewritten but then someone turned the kettle on and we lost it all.

LOL

You'd think with all those DayZ spawned sales that the Marek could have brought you's a couple of UPS's ;)

That's BIS fucked if I ever get a job there, I'm on my 3rd cup of tea already and it's only 2 PM

You could just switch to an alternative heating source. I hear internetz anger is pretty popular. Just wire the forums up to a stove, put on the kettle and start posting "Arma 3 will totally have perks."

:p

You could just switch to an alternative heating source. I hear internetz anger is pretty popular. Just wire the forums up to a stove, put on the kettle and start posting "Arma 3 will totally have perks."

:p

*Jay Crowe* : "And here you can see our new sleight of hand pro animation as well as a throwing knife".

If Arma 3 isn't out by April 1st, we're getting massively trolled to power the the building :D

If this editor was included in arma 3, i think i would quit my job to spend all my time on it

lol @ the thought of garbage collection on paper

If this editor was included in arma 3, i think i would quit my job to spend all my time on it

Using a 3D editor will save you hundreds of hours in development time, and they are FUN to use! ;)

I've been modding games since Duke Nukem 3D, and then I started modding the CryEngine in 2007...I instantly fell in love with it's "Real-time" 3D Editor! :inlove:

I can't even imagine having only a 2D editor anymore...it's just so painfully annoying and feels like "Stone Age" technology to me now.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I have a project that I plan to bring to ArmA 3 that has been in development for a while now on a different Game Engine.

It will feature %100 custom maps, and assets. Most of the maps are designed for PVP (smaller maps), but there will be bigger maps designed for SP/Co-Op missions as well.

A large portion of the work is nearly completed already, and the rest is slowly taking shape ;)

I won't be releasing any "Solid" information about it until ArmA 3 is released, but soon after I'll be starting a thread for the project/making an announcement etc.

If you are a modder here who is skilled at getting Models and Textures from 3D studio Max into the RV Engine and you are interested you can PM me* ;)

Edited by Ash712

Using a 3D editor will save you hundreds of hours in development time, and they are FUN to use! ;)

I've been modding games since Duke Nukem 3D, and then I started modding the CryEngine in 2007...I instantly fell in love with it's "Real-time" 3D Editor! :inlove:

I can't even imagine having only a 2D editor anymore...it's just so painfully annoying and feels like "Stone Age" technology to me now.

I spent hundreds of hours the last 11 years on the RV 2d editor without any problem.

Which is the problem - it takes way too much time.

Touché.

I'm a bit sad that I chose mainly photography Commtech in high school versus video. Instead of using 3DS Max and Blender, I chose to put those hours into photoshop. But eh, no regrets.

Watching my friend right next to me make movies with Blender and models with like 5x more vertices with a click of a button was pretty cool.

Maybe I'll play with 3DS Max and stuff later, is it hard to learn?

Edited by ruhtraeel

yes yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes yes

yes yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes yes

I also agree. I think a 3D editor would make CQB much more lively, when you can pinpoint placements of objects in tight corridors and indoors and such.

me too. Hell I would even pay $59.99 for that tool alone to use with Arma 3

I am already in the planning and design stages of a special mod for ArmA 3. I have a modeler lined up for production of the asset.

Now, the question is...will I be able to get the programmer I need to help me with this project? ;)

Here's a hint:

It's a modern, custom-designed version of

, complete with LHD functionality. The design will reflect the current setting of ArmA 3 (Year 203X).

Very early design draft.

In regards to the project, I plan on doing a separate forum thread for it, so that I can get feedback from the ArmA community on the design elements of the project. Please look forward to it! :)