Sign in to follow this  
m79

Ofp:r 12th dec release in australia

Ozisoft contacted EB today, and pushed it back to the 22nd.

Warez ftps are surely having a field day.

I wouldn't mention alternate sources of Resistance the moderators just love to close down threads criticising anything to do with BIS or Codemasters and discussion of alternate sources of software is usually their excuse for stamping down on non-conformist threads.

It is quite sad that we keep getting stuffed around, I just want to know what is causing this delay, if I wasn't getting a free copy sent to me I'd never pay for this software after being slapped in the face so often.

I already prepayed my copy of OFPR, but I just can't wait any longer, of course i will get my box when it comes out here in NZ, but until then I use alternatives! mad.gif

Well, the words from our "friends" at Ozisoft is the 16th (today). Ozisoft OFPR page

However, all the shops I called said as far as they knew it would be 18th at the earliest.

So I ring the Ozisoft hotline ($1 a minute, mind you) and get some slack jawed moron who says "I don't think it's out yet". When I informed him their website said it was today he says "Are you sure it was the Australian webite?". Yes, I replied, rapidly losing patience with this inept idiot who doesn't know his job or his product. "Oh, it will be out today then. I haven't heard of any delays" (That almost got a laugh from me). So that means it will be in stores today, I enquire... "Oh yes" our hero replies. So I call around all the stores again. Friday at the earliest is what I get everywhere.

Well Ozisoft, I would personally like to say that that you can kiss my ample ass. I am going to go out of my way to get resistance through an alternative supplier.

Assholes.  mad.gif

That's just plain dumb! I knew I should've ordered it from some online shop instead of going to EB!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ July 16 2002,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's just plain dumb! I knew I should've ordered it from some online shop instead of going to EB!!!<span id='postcolor'>

I know, I feel really f**ked over...I bet if I had have ordered it online as soon as it was released in Europe I would have a copy by now...

So who are the f**kheads responsible, Codemasters, Ozisoft or what?

http://topshop.com.au/?action=view&id=521228

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

TopShop Price: $49.95

Add To Your Shopping Trolley >>

In Stock - Usually begins delivery within 1 business day.

* FREE DELIVERY when you order 3 or more In Stock items.

This page said release date was 19th yesterday, this morning its in stock. Resistance has landed in oz! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">TopShop Price: $49.95 <span id='postcolor'>

That isn't USD is it? wow.gif

If it is, geez....

His last line is the clue wink.gif

Finally, just got a copy tonight from Metrosoft in Brisbane.

This is not a "release".

Basically they have dumped whatever stock they have left to us after giving it to priority countries.

It's trickling into Australia, get whatever copies you can, for myself, I'm done with this game. I will not pay for this kind of service.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ July 19 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is not a "release".

Basically they have dumped whatever stock they have left to us after giving it to priority countries.

It's trickling into Australia, get whatever copies you can, for myself, I'm done with this game. I will not pay for this kind of service.<span id='postcolor'>

i think i know what that means dammage.

The store i got mine from only got in two lousy copies!

I went back the next day to buy a copy for a friend and they were sold out! confused.gif

My copy is being shipped today from The Gameswarehouse (Australia). So I should get my grubby little hands on it on Tuesday... Yip Yah.

Does anyone her knows any online shops where I can buy it?

So it will deliverd within couple of days?

Im so glad i live in Denmark tounge.gif

Anyway, i feal sorry for you guys, cant believe That this socalled "Ozisoft" is such one big group of morons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ July 19 2002,20:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone her knows any online shops where I can buy it?

So it will deliverd within couple of days?<span id='postcolor'>

I have used both these sites before and they both have been very good, just ask for the express post. Best to ask them if they have it in stock first.....

Good luck Gonk

http://topshop.com.au

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/

Damn gamewarehouse doesn't have it in stock and topshop only does delivery within Australia sad.gif

Just in case the rest of the world has forgotten. OFP Resistance is STILL not available in New Zealand.

Limited copies were made available to Australia. But NZ has been delayed further because the game hasn't been "rated" yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Aug. 05 2002,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just in case the rest of the world has forgotten. OFP Resistance is STILL not available in New Zealand.

Limited copies were made available to Australia. But NZ has been delayed further because the game hasn't been "rated" yet.<span id='postcolor'>

i got me a copy from HN its rated with aus stickers.

I am not even going to comment on that! Cause I believe taht every single fucking bastard in NZ Ratings Board should be killed with their families so won't breed and we get rid this planet of those idiots! And yes I believe that they all deserve death much more that Hitler ever did! mad.gif