Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96061 (1.62 MP build)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror : http://www.gamefront.com/files/22141964/ARMA2_OA_Build_96061.zip

additional changes to server listing and timeout issues

note: the default server filters will be further improved in future

BattlEye support status: ... SUPPORTED ...

Edited by Dwarden

They are not only mp builds - the are sp builds as well. It just says 1.62 mp build to insure people that it is

still compatible with 1.62 servers that is not running any beta.

The VON settings now, make the VON sound seem to take me out of the realism of the game. I think the high quality setting should be used for direct only. The other settings should be made to sound like a radio, in the sense that its lower quality, but also it should grab some sound from that players surroundings.

So for example if I use direct to a person next to me, he just hears a clear version of my voice (as you would expect in real life). Now if I use group channel to talk to my friend in another area, he should hear me as if Im using a radio, and if there is gun shots near me, he will hear that as well coming from my radio. If I was on a chopper and used my group channel to someone on the ground, they should hear my voice, but also the sound from inside the chopper.

Is anyone else getting lots of disconnects with this beta? I've been playing DayZ all day and the only thing that's different with my setup from the last times I've played is I installed this beta. I know it could be this or DayZ or the server (or my internet connection) but I thought I'd check in.

The VON settings now, make the VON sound seem to take me out of the realism of the game. I think the high quality setting should be used for direct only. The other settings should be made to sound like a radio, in the sense that its lower quality, but also it should grab some sound from that players surroundings.

So for example if I use direct to a person next to me, he just hears a clear version of my voice (as you would expect in real life). Now if I use group channel to talk to my friend in another area, he should hear me as if Im using a radio, and if there is gun shots near me, he will hear that as well coming from my radio. If I was on a chopper and used my group channel to someone on the ground, they should hear my voice, but also the sound from inside the chopper.

IMO, I would prefer clear voice chat to artificial "radio-quality" voice chat. If you want radio realism I would suggest using ACRE. Then it really does make it sound like a radio, not just low quality.

IMO, I would prefer clear voice chat to artificial "radio-quality" voice chat. If you want radio realism I would suggest using ACRE. Then it really does make it sound like a radio, not just low quality.

I understand your opinion, I guess the best way forward is for there to be an option.

Russian planes still crash into the same tree when taking off from southern airport on Chenarus? Could we not just remove the tree? Yes I understand that zombies can't fly but pilots can't chop down trees before take off</rant>

enableItemsDropping = 0; have no effect anymore in description.ext.

It was disabled all the time, but people complaing about losing their stuff (in lingor island, because its more likely you will swim).

So it seems that this command, introduced in Arma2Beta 93958 is not working anymore. But last working in 95948.

Please fix that, thanks!

Whats the situation with empty vehicles at the moment - should AI destroy them? Noticed that AI shoot empty vehicles until they explode with this patch but think I remember reading somewhere that this was solved and shouldn't happen?

I understand your opinion, I guess the best way forward is for there to be an option.

I can appreciate both views. Personally I agree with you that it would be good to have VON sound radio-like (maybe even with end transmission sounds like ACRE) and it would be even cooler if it could transmit the ambient sounds around the player along with their voice. It should be an option though, so that servers can set it to work as it currently does if that's what they prefer.

ACRE's great but a lot of servers don't use it for whatever reason and it is somewhat complex (having the right radio, setting it to the right channel, etc) compared to VON so I can see why some server's prefer to just use VON if they're not going for total realism.

I can appreciate both views. Personally I agree with you that it would be good to have VON sound radio-like (maybe even with end transmission sounds like ACRE) and it would be even cooler if it could transmit the ambient sounds around the player along with their voice. It should be an option though, so that servers can set it to work as it currently does if that's what they prefer.

ACRE's great but a lot of servers don't use it for whatever reason and it is somewhat complex (having the right radio, setting it to the right channel, etc) compared to VON so I can see why some server's prefer to just use VON if they're not going for total realism.

A cool feature would be to have samples of a chopper/car/tank/plane interior noise mixed in, dependent on what type of vehicle you are in. Remember something like this from BF2, although radio messages was prerecorded.

wrong info..

Edited by kklownboy
missed the Beta version

Is anyone else getting lots of disconnects with this beta? I've been playing DayZ all day and the only thing that's different with my setup from the last times I've played is I installed this beta. I know it could be this or DayZ or the server (or my internet connection) but I thought I'd check in.

Ugh quoting myself.

Anyway. I retract this statement. Must have been dodgy connection at my end. All working fine now.

I am having issues with 96061. I have installed the patch but the ver of the game is still showing a previous version and I can't connect to very many DayZ games because of this. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I am having issues with 96061. I have installed the patch but the ver of the game is still showing a previous version and I can't connect to very many DayZ games because of this. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Use six launcher!

Did you delete the previous beta before installing this one? If not, delete the beta folder and reinstall build 96061.

I can't seem to use VON in missions such as Warfare BE I press the button but no other clients can see my name pop up or hear my voice. Has anyone else experienced this and if so know how to fix it without going back to non beta.

I'm fairly certain that both the servers I was playing on were not using the beta patch could that be an issue?

Edited by Baskerville

Same issue - nobody can hear my VON chat with this beta. It was working fine with 1.62.

It's because of this "[95654] Improved: VoN now uses the same port as the game traffic, should make VoN more reliable (less NAT issues)".

You'll have to use 95417 until the servers you play on update to 95660 or higher.

Dwarden, could you please address the UAV issue? The hellfire missiles will not follow the gunners cursor or aimpoint.

Whats the situation with empty vehicles at the moment - should AI destroy them? Noticed that AI shoot empty vehicles until they explode with this patch but think I remember reading somewhere that this was solved and shouldn't happen?

Noticed that too, for a long time the AI spend their ammo now on empty vehicles sometimes (if not always). I shot driver and gunner from mg-offroad, that was only few 10m away, after that it shows red target circle over the car and my team-mates still keep shooting the empty car after moving 400m away from it. I hope this will be fixed again.

Edit: Made a hidden video of the bug. Also noticed that AI sniper keeps shooting the empty car even when ordered to hold fire. I only using addons: CBA, JSRS, ProjectCDF, Blastcore and RHSMOD in this, so I dont think those are causing it.

Edit2: I noticed also that instantly when you order your men to get in an abandoned enemy vehicle (tested on two insurgent mg-UAZs), nearby friendly soldiers (in this case ACR units), open fire at the vehicle until its destroyed. Weird things happening. :)

Edited by SaOk