sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

Well I do own A2 + RFT pack (OA,pmc,baf). As of now I'm primarily playing on A2 servers though. I live in Fairbanks Alaska, so the only decent pings I get are on the A2 server list. I can't get into most of the CO servers because they're euro/uk (high ping).
I see and understood. We'll hopefully add support for the other games in the near future.
I'd like to add some suggestions too; Don't update PWS so frequently as you did with sixupdater. Initially I <3 six updater, but after some time I did choose to do mods the standard way because of the frequent updates/reinstalls.
For starters, you can turn auto-updates off, though I do not recommend it.

Full uninstall and reinstall only occurred on MSI Major Upgrade types, which normally aren't required that often.

However because of issues we've been running into while building the installer updates,

the Major Upgrade types happened way more regular than was intended.

For PwS we are still using the same installer tech atm, but it is smaller and Major Upgrade types have occurred less frequent.

Unless PWS can be updated automatically, quickly, painlessly upon the application starting up, I wouldn't update so frequently.
The updating system in PwS is a lot better arranged already than in SU, it is less obtrusive, and faster.

Still, we are planning major improvements for the Installer, including a new more flexible installer,

and reducing the size by about half, which will improve the download experience as well as the install experience considerably.

At any rate, hats off to you sir. PWS is already a great tool. It's tons more user friendly than six updater.
Thank you. Play withSIX is more of a team effort than the previous projects.
BTW, I tried to add my OA dedicated server to the list and it never appeared after providing my ip and port. It did want to connect me to the server, but it never showed on the list. I would like some friends to be able to select the server from the list, update, and join the server all from PWS.
Full support for these kinds of servers is currently unavailable.

For it to work as expected currently your server needs to be running one of the Main supported mods, and importing such server must happen while that mod is selected.

Once we port more SU functionality over we'll make sure we solve these kinds of issues.

Also, does PWS differentiate between versions of ACE when the filter is set to NOT show wrong mods &/or game versions? ie; ACE1.13 stable and ACE1.14rc. Even after I update mods before joining some servers, sometimes it loads and then kicks me to the main menu of Armaco. I was wondering if maybe I had wrong version of ACE or something, as the version of ACE I have atm is the one (1.14rc) downloaded via PWS.
Mod version filter currently is only really relevant to DayZ.

This is because they have a broad standard where the server name includes the exact version of the Mod. This is less the case for other types of servers AFAIK.

Either if BI adds a proper way to propagate the versions of mods on a server,

or if the standard of adding the exact version number to the server name is more widely spread,

we'll be able to filter properly for other mods too.

Another option could be, once we add CustomRepo support to PwS, to grab the version info from the Repo, however that is again limited in scope at least currently.

Edited by Sickboy

Another major update was released for Play withSIX!

http://play.withsix.com/posts/83-play-withsix-build-160-released

The latest Play withSIX build (160) is now available on auto-update!

Highlights

• Advanced Startup parameters editor incl Player profile selection
  • Improved Settings
  • Improved UI
  • News; Posts and ModUpdates
  • Performance improvements

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know

Enjoy!

20h92k2_thumb.png . oro390_thumb.png

Edited by Sickboy

It's actually updated twice for me today, once earlier and once just now. I presume they were both major updates as it did the whole install, "we're sorry to see you go", "do you want to keep your old profiles" routine.

Anyway, looks good but I'm still getting a ton of DayZ server's with "No mod" selected, despite not having Dayz. I've tried ticking Hide Wrong Version "Mod" and "Game" but it doesn't make any difference.

I also find it rather annoying that it has to refresh the entire 6000+ server list just because I switch between ACE and No Mod. I see there's a "Server List Auto Refresh" which is set to 10 (minutes I presume?) but it doesn't respect that.

One other thing that bugs me is if I select a server and it highlights the Update button, it doesn't give me any indication what it's going to update. For instance, I'm obviously happy to update ACE if there's a new version and servers require it but not necessarily to update/download some massive custom mod that a server might be using. Actually, I've just noticed that hovering over the Update button shows (for example) that it's going to update three mods but if I click on Update it then tells me it's going to install/update every mod that server uses, which is a bit confusing.

Another issue I have is that I like to rename some mods, so for example Island mods I name @Island_Lingor, @Island HazarKot, etc to keep them all together in the folder so that I can quickly find them. I haven't done this with much else, although I was thinking of doing it with Weapons mods to keep them together and I've renamed a couple of mods so that I can identify what they do (e.g. @Bravo_November ZA718 (Chinook)). However I guess PwS can't handle this and if it doesn't see @Lingor it will just decide I don't have it and download it again, so if there was some way to link the original names to my custom names that would be really cool.

It's actually updated twice for me today, once earlier and once just now. I presume they were both major updates as it did the whole install, "we're sorry to see you go", "do you want to keep your old profiles" routine.
We're aware and working hard on the new installer.
Anyway, looks good but I'm still getting a ton of DayZ server's with "No mod" selected, despite not having Dayz. I've tried ticking Hide Wrong Version "Mod" and "Game" but it doesn't make any difference.

I also find it rather annoying that it has to refresh the entire 6000+ server list just because I switch between ACE and No Mod. I see there's a "Server List Auto Refresh" which is set to 10 (minutes I presume?) but it doesn't respect that.

Enable the Incompatible Servers filter, were working on integrating the feature better.
One other thing that bugs me is if I select a server and it highlights the Update button, it doesn't give me any indication what it's going to update. For instance, I'm obviously happy to update ACE if there's a new version and servers require it but not necessarily to update/download some massive custom mod that a server might be using. Actually, I've just noticed that hovering over the Update button shows (for example) that it's going to update three mods but if I click on Update it then tells me it's going to install/update every mod that server uses, which is a bit confusing.
Yep we recently introduced that feature. Will check what's up with missing the additional server required mods.
Another issue I have is that I like to rename some mods, so for example Island mods I name @Island_Lingor, @Island HazarKot, etc to keep them all together in the folder so that I can quickly find them. I haven't done this with much else, although I was thinking of doing it with Weapons mods to keep them together and I've renamed a couple of mods so that I can identify what they do (e.g. @Bravo_November ZA718 (Chinook)). However I guess PwS can't handle this and if it doesn't see @Lingor it will just decide I don't have it and download it again, so if there was some way to link the original names to my custom names that would be really cool.
For the future we might consider implementing such feature, although it can get a little messy especially if you loose the mapping between folder names and actual mods.

If you manually manage the launching through shortcuts or another launcher, you could use mklink built into windows (or e.g this frontend http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html) to point to SIX modfolders, while being able to specify a custom name.

Once we support custom modsets based on the complete selection of mods on our network, as well as local mods, perhaps we could add a good browser which you could use instead of browsing the modfolders in Windows Explorer.

Categorization, full names, descriptions, versions and other meta data could then be used for search, filtering and ordering. Would that be something you could be interested in?

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

I see what you mean now regarding the popup on hovering over the button, and the dialog popup mentioning all the mods.

The dialog is mostly intended for making the user aware about both, going to play with a large amount of mods, and possibly installing/updating a large amount of mods.

Will think about how we can resolve the confusion though :)

We're aware and working hard on the new installer.

One little tweak that would be helpful. I copy the PwS Shortcut from the Start Menu to a different location which is more convenient for me (just keeps all my ArmA shortcuts in one place) but because it's not a shortcut to an exe, whenever I update PwS, this copy is broken and I have to copy it from the Start Menu again. So if it were possible to make the shortcut just point to "Play withSIX.exe", that would avoid my having to keep doing this.

Enable the Incompatible Servers filter, were working on integrating the feature better.

Cheers, I hadn't noticed that box.

For the future we might consider implementing such feature, although it can get a little messy especially if you loose the mapping between folder names and actual mods.

If you manually manage the launching through shortcuts or another launcher, you could use mklink built into windows (or e.g this frontend http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html) to point to SIX modfolders, while being able to specify a custom name.

Once we support custom modsets based on the complete selection of mods on our network, as well as local mods, perhaps we could add a good browser which you could use instead of browsing the modfolders in Windows Explorer.

Categorization, full names, descriptions, versions and other meta data could then be used for search, filtering and ordering. Would that be something you could be interested in?

Yeah, I think that would be very handy and might negate the need to rename mods. ArmA II Launcher has something similar, where you can add comments for each mod on the Addons tab but I never really used that much as I found it somewhat limited and if a mod has a less than descriptive name, it's not particularly easy to find it to select so that you can read the comments explaining what it is!

What I've tried in Arma II Launcher is making Addon Groups, such as Islands, Weapons, etc and adding all the relevant mods to those, but these groups are per-profile so when I create new profiles I end up not adding any new mods to all of them and it gets rather messy and out of sync. What I'd like to see in PwS sometime is Groups like this but they should be Global, so that the user would put any new mods in one of the Groups and then could add them to profiles from there (imagine Arma II Launcher with the Available Addons list containing groups in which the addons are contained), or even add whole groups, so that if a profile has the Islands group added to it, any new Islands added to that group would automatically be added to the profile.

I was going to say that perhaps a replacement browser for Windows Explorer might not be necessary and that PwS could just have an option to open Windows Explorer on the currently selected mod but then again if the user needs to copy/move files from a modfolder to somewhere else (maybe to userconfig or keys or maybe just to disable a particular .pbo) it could get a bit clunky having to repeatedly go to PwS to find the mod (if the foldername is obscure), then get it to open Windows Explorer to be able to move the files, so perhaps if it's not insane amounts of work it would be good to have this functionality in PwS. That's certainly far less important to me than being able to group mods and keep them in a tidy, manageable list within PwS though.

One little tweak that would be helpful. I copy the PwS Shortcut from the Start Menu to a different location which is more convenient for me (just keeps all my ArmA shortcuts in one place) but because it's not a shortcut to an exe, whenever I update PwS, this copy is broken and I have to copy it from the Start Menu again. So if it were possible to make the shortcut just point to "Play withSIX.exe", that would avoid my having to keep doing this.
If you go into the Play withSIX installation folder with Windows Explorer, find Play withSIX.exe, right click, Send To -> Desktop as Shortcut.
Yeah, I think that would be very handy and might negate the need to rename mods. ArmA II Launcher has something similar, where you can add comments for each mod on the Addons tab but I never really used that much as I found it somewhat limited and if a mod has a less than descriptive name, it's not particularly easy to find it to select so that you can read the comments explaining what it is!

What I've tried in Arma II Launcher is making Addon Groups, such as Islands, Weapons, etc and adding all the relevant mods to those, but these groups are per-profile so when I create new profiles I end up not adding any new mods to all of them and it gets rather messy and out of sync. What I'd like to see in PwS sometime is Groups like this but they should be Global, so that the user would put any new mods in one of the Groups and then could add them to profiles from there (imagine Arma II Launcher with the Available Addons list containing groups in which the addons are contained), or even add whole groups, so that if a profile has the Islands group added to it, any new Islands added to that group would automatically be added to the profile.

I was going to say that perhaps a replacement browser for Windows Explorer might not be necessary and that PwS could just have an option to open Windows Explorer on the currently selected mod but then again if the user needs to copy/move files from a modfolder to somewhere else (maybe to userconfig or keys or maybe just to disable a particular .pbo) it could get a bit clunky having to repeatedly go to PwS to find the mod (if the foldername is obscure), then get it to open Windows Explorer to be able to move the files, so perhaps if it's not insane amounts of work it would be good to have this functionality in PwS. That's certainly far less important to me than being able to group mods and keep them in a tidy, manageable list within PwS though.

I see, thanks a lot for detailing.

I think we can come up with something nice once we start implementing the custom modsets etc soon. For the farther future we could then build on that further.

Will keep you updated.

If you go into the Play withSIX installation folder with Windows Explorer, find Play withSIX.exe, right click, Send To -> Desktop as Shortcut.

Yeah sorry. Was being a bit dense there, of course I can make a shortcut myself instead of copying the Start Menu one :o

I see, thanks a lot for detailing.

I think we can come up with something nice once we start implementing the custom modsets etc soon. For the farther future we could then build on that further.

Will keep you updated.

Great, thanks.

Just to add a bit. The plan is to expand the library we already have in SU with more details and categories of the mods in it.

Besides that creating modsets would allow you to have groups of mods you like to use together. And those can be simply added to 'profiles' or 'shortcuts' or 'presets'. Whatever you like to call them and it's still a bit unclear how we will work this out exactly but I guess both will make it way easier for you to do what you talk about here.

No need to actually do anything in/with explorer or folders on your drive. No need to copy mods and create extra gb's of content.

When joining the UnitedOperations server from PwS, it crashes as soon as it's loaded. The RPT shows that for some reason @UOMods has been omitted from the commandline. In the "Do you want to enable the server additional mods?" box that appears when joining, it only lists @jayarma2lib_new, @ACRE, @uomaps and expansion/beta.

If I create a profile in Arma II Launcher with the required mods it works OK.

The RPT below shows loading with PwS first, followed by loading with AII Launcher.

=====================================================================
== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching "-mod=exp-ramdisk" -nosplash -skipintro -connect=70.42.74.59 -port=2302 -password=******* "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;expansion;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_A2;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_OA;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACE;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX_RU;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX_USNavy;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX_SM;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JayArma2Lib_new;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACRE;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@UOMaps"
Exe timestamp: 2012/11/22 03:37:45
Current time:  2012/11/25 18:16:16

Version 1.62.99202
Item str_wgl_20x30x1 listed twice
Item str_wgl_20x30x1_ruin listed twice
Item str_wgl_watertower_50x5 listed twice
Item str_wgl_vs17_panel1 listed twice
Item str_wgl_vs17_panel2 listed twice
Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\ibr_airports\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ibr\ibr_hangars\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\lingor_objects\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by mbg_buildings_2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Ruins, by ca\structures_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins_EP1/
Updating base class RscProgress->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscIGProgress/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintC/controls/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintCEx/controls/Background/
Updating base class RscStructuredText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintCEx/controls/Hint/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoTank/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/Background/
Updating base class RscIGText->RscIGProgress, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/ValueArmor/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/Background2/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscHint/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscTaskHint/controlsBackground/Background/
Cannot delete class TextObjectsDetail, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class ValueObjectsDetail, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class B_Options, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class B_OK, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscListBox->RscIGUIListBox, by x\cba\addons\ui_helper\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer/Controls/CA_ValueSessions/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\ace\addons\c_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/LoadingPic/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\ace\addons\c_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controlsBackground/LoadingPic/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\ace\addons\c_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/LoadingPic/
Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayMain/controlsBackground/vertical_line 
Warning Message: Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2pmc_ca.paa not found
Warning Message: Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscHint/Background.type'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Missing addons detected:
 bwmod
 MaxxPro

== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jayarma2lib_new;@uomaps;@uomods;exp-ramdisk" "-name=doveman" -nosplash -world=empty 
Current time:  2012/11/25 19:03:38

Version 1.62.99202
Cannot evaluate 'ReadAndWrite' - no file
Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\ibr_airports\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ibr\ibr_hangars\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\lingor_objects\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by mbg_buildings_2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Ruins, by ca\structures_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins_EP1/
Updating base class ->USMC_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_LHD_Crew_Base/
Updating base class ->ParachuteBase, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Parachute_US_EP1/
Updating base class MP5SD->, by uo_uk85_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MP5A5/
Updating base class Rifle->, by uo_uk85_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MP5SD/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by x\ace\addons\sys_ruck\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MP5SD/
Updating base class ->MP5SD, by x\ace\addons\sys_ruck\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/
Updating base class BWMod_Bullet_20mm->B_25mm_HE, by bwmod_ace\config.bin/cfgAmmo/BWMod_Bullet_20mm_HE/
Updating base class BWMod_Bullet_20mm->B_25mm_APDS, by bwmod_ace\config.bin/cfgAmmo/BWMod_Bullet_20mm_AP/

OK, it seems the crashing was probably because I hadn't added "D:\Games\Arma 2" to the modlist in PwS. Now I've added that, it doesn't crash but it still doesn't put @UOmods in the commandline and I got kicked by BattlEye (although that just be because the server was full).

== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;exp-ramdisk" -nosplash -skipintro -connect=70.42.74.59 -port=2302 -password=******* "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;expansion;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_A2;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA_OA;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACE;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX_RU;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX_USNavy;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACEX_SM;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@JayArma2Lib_new;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@ACRE;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@UOMaps"
Current time:  2012/11/25 19:13:05

Version 1.62.99202
Updating base class RscProgress->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscIGProgress/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintC/controls/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintCEx/controls/Background/
Updating base class RscStructuredText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscDisplayHintCEx/controls/Hint/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfoTank/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/Background/
Updating base class RscIGText->RscIGProgress, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/ValueArmor/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscUnitInfo/Background2/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscHint/Background/
Updating base class RscText->, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscTaskHint/controlsBackground/Background/
Cannot delete class TextObjectsDetail, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class ValueObjectsDetail, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class B_Options, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class B_OK, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscListBox->RscIGUIListBox, by x\cba\addons\ui_helper\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer/Controls/CA_ValueSessions/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\ace\addons\c_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/LoadingPic/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\ace\addons\c_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controlsBackground/LoadingPic/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\ace\addons\c_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/LoadingPic/
Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayMain/controlsBackground/vertical_line 
Warning Message: Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2pmc_ca.paa not found
Warning Message: Picture ca\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa not found
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI/RscHint/Background.type'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Cannot load sound 'ca\ui\data\sound\onclick.wss'

As you can see, I get different errors/messages in the RPT depending on whether I use PwS or AII Launcher. This is with AII Launcher and using the direct connect option

== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jayarma2lib_new;@uomaps;@uomods;exp-ramdisk" "-name=doveman" -nosplash -world=empty -connect=70.42.74.59 -port=2302 -password=*******
Current time:  2012/11/25 19:19:53

Version 1.62.99202
Updating base class ->USMC_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_LHD_Crew_Base/
Updating base class ->ParachuteBase, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Parachute_US_EP1/
Updating base class MP5SD->, by uo_uk85_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MP5A5/
Updating base class Rifle->, by uo_uk85_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MP5SD/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by x\ace\addons\sys_ruck\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MP5SD/
Updating base class ->MP5SD, by x\ace\addons\sys_ruck\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/
Updating base class BWMod_Bullet_20mm->B_25mm_HE, by bwmod_ace\config.bin/cfgAmmo/BWMod_Bullet_20mm_HE/
Updating base class BWMod_Bullet_20mm->B_25mm_APDS, by bwmod_ace\config.bin/cfgAmmo/BWMod_Bullet_20mm_AP/

Thanks a bunch for the detailed report.

I've logged it on our GSFN and solved it for next build:

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/only_one_localmod_is_activated_additional_localmods_are_ignored

Also the full paths to modfolders are now reduced to only mods residing not in your main game folder (OA).

If you like I can make a test build available to you.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks a bunch for the detailed report.

I've logged it on our GSFN and solved it for next build:

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/only_one_localmod_is_activated_additional_localmods_are_ignored

Also the full paths to modfolders are now reduced to only mods residing not in your main game folder (OA).

If you like I can make a test build available to you.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I'd love to try the test build, if you want to PM me a link or something.

The latest Play withSIX build (166) is now available on auto-update!

http://play.withsix.com/posts/84-play-withsix-build-166-released

This build focuses mostly on performance.

Highlights

• Major enhancements to Performance!
    • Significantly reduced CPU Usage (especially during install/update)
    • Significantly reduced Memory footprint
    • Smoother scrolling and snappier operation

[*]Optional Server GridMode - Classic Grid instead of List

[*]Do not abort the successful running file transfers when running out of working mirrors

[*]Probably fixed intermittent massive error spam because of threading issue

[*]UI Tweaks

NOTE: If you get an error message during startup about a missing dll (System.Windows.Interactivity.dll), please terminate the application, and then use the installed Play withSIX start menu icon to launch. This will repair the installation.

Enjoy!

2zsxrua_thumb.png

Edited by Sickboy

Please spend a little bit of attention to this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133548-BWMod-Fix/page3

Again PwS overwrite my correct key! I've had enough to repair everytime i want to connect my server to repair all my mod folders again and again!

Why PwS install ASR_AI on my client while ASR_AI is a serverside mod? That isn't very usefull. I thinking about to uninstall all six networks products cause i spent a lot of time to repair my folders after i used them. If i start to install my mods manuell i think i can work faster. (caused by permanent self updates of PwS)...

please....

Hi Psycho,

We're sorry to hear about your issues, however our support box is and has been open 24/7.

If you could post your issues, ideas and feedback with details there we can start working on improving things.

ASR_AI isn't a server-side only mod because AI does not only/always run on the server.

However, more control over the loaded mods, incl custom modsets, are currently in progress and should be released in the near future.

Regarding the 'correct' key; there is no key processing in PwS (unlike in SIX Updater for servers intended "Process BIKeys" action), only updating mod folders and installing acre ts3 dll etc.

(The updater also verifies and makes sure that your files are all in order as specified by the version of the mod on the network, some more control over that would probably help as well)

The key files included inside modfolders are not loaded, so im not sure how this is a problem exactly?

But I suppose you meant the bisigns? In any case, we've applied the bwmod fixed files, should be live in some minutes.

Re permanent self-update; we've been updating every 2 weeks the past few months, and each update has been quite significant. If a hotfix follows, it is often for unforeseen issues on 3rd party systems.

You can also skip the update to install for later.

We're also aware of the shortcomings of our setup installer and self updates. The latest builds contain some improvements in this regard, however we're planning to replace the installer and process in the near future.

If you experience any more issues or have any other questions, please let us know.

Edited by Sickboy

What PWS file holds error reports? When I updated I received a huge error saying that PWS is corrupt and to reinstall. I did delete all old files and reinstall, but it still shows this error message. I let windows auto update keep my windows and vital things up to date. idk about this "net framework" shit though. The moment I try to update anything manually, regarding my PC, drivers (besides video drivers), "net framework".. Things like that, is the moment I mess my PC up. And for what? A program that does what I can do manually? At any rate, I think I'll just do mods manually until the tool is more stable for me to use. When I have to start messing around with the integrity of my pc to run a 3rd party application for a game, is where I will draw the line. I can use any other software/game just fine.

In regards to the program itself...it's the best thing since sliced bread. Except for the whole error messages part.

regards,

david

Hi Sickboy,

yes i mean the bisign files.

In any case, we've applied the bwmod fixed files, should be live in some minutes.

Nice! I will test it tonight.

A bigger feedback and suggestions report will follow.

Thank's for your support!

kind regards

I can report the same update issue Iceman described two posts above. When update is installed, PwS tells me it is corrupted and needs to be completely uninstalled and deleted. But if I just download the version currently available on your homepage and reinstall it, PwS is working again( but not updated).

I'm not at my PC right now so I can provide the error message later. If not happened until then, I'll report the issue on the support site.

Keep up the good work, PwS is one of the best utilities for ArmA out there.

@Psycho: No worries, looking forward to report! (Preferably not one big one, but a topic per specific feature/suggestion/issue, thanks).

@Iceman77 and @Soldia: This should be all there is to it:

NOTE: If you get an error message during startup about a missing dll (System.Windows.Interactivity.dll), please terminate the application, and then use the installed Play withSIX start menu icon to launch. This will repair the installation.

---------- Post added at 09:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

We've improved the error message for the future, although we expect at least this source of error not to occur again, as it's a result from changes to the installer exposing a bug in MSI installer the first time apparantly.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sickboy! If I may have an UI suggestion, it would imho make sense for the Server Info pop-up of Signatures accepted to stay onscreen until you at least move the mouse away, or to be a toggleable list. On some servers (especially public ones) which do accept additional mods (FX,etc) it makes it hard to read through the whole list before the list disappears, to see if I can use that mod or no. Thanks for consideration.

Hi Sickboy! If I may have an UI suggestion, it would imho make sense for the Server Info pop-up of Signatures accepted to stay onscreen until you at least move the mouse away, or to be a toggleable list. On some servers (especially public ones) which do accept additional mods (FX,etc) it makes it hard to read through the whole list before the list disappears, to see if I can use that mod or no. Thanks for consideration.

Hey!

I've adjusted that tooltip timeout, how does 20 seconds sound?

Cheers

It appears we've squashed the main issues surrounding the installer and the self update process,

as of build 170 and later, the experience should be much improved on next and subsequent updates.

http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/sorry_and_thankyou_pages_are_shown_on_major_upgrade_types#reply_10744178

Fingers crossed ;)

The latest Play withSIX build (190) is now available on auto-update!

This build brings several new and improved features.

2iavn5v_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

Highlights

• X-mas edition; Merry x-mas!
  • New Modset tree
    • Submodsets: e.g all DayZ variants are categorized under DayZ
    • Optional mods: e.g the ACEX expansions

[*]Add additional mods to modsets - WIP

[*]Installer/SelfUpdater annoyances taken care of

Also, preparations have been made for creating fully custom moddsets, and SIX Updater custom repositories support. We're also working on mod configuration support, like editing userconfigs.

More on that in the coming weeks, while we move into 2013, and start to move Play withSIX out of Preview stage.

NOTE: If you get an error during startup about System.Core - please make sure you have Microsoft .NET KB2468871v2 hotfix installed.

Enjoy!

Edited by Sickboy