sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

How do I process the BIKeys with PWS when using it to start a dedicated server? Similar to the "Process BIKeys" option in SU?
I'm afraid running dedicated servers falls outside of the scope of the Preview, processing bikeys included.

For the future we definitely want to look at proper dedicated server support, bit like in SU but beyond.

Original post: http://play.withsix.com/posts/94-play-withsix-beta-build-379-released

The latest Play withSIX v1.3 BETA build (379) is now available on auto-update!

This build brings several new and improved features and small design changes.

Promised initial smaller UI changes have now been applied and will be further developed coming days, feedback welcome!

This is a BETA update, only available if you enable “Receive Beta Updates†in the Application Settings

2hyxsab_thumb.png | 2dvk9qo_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

Highlights

• Basic SU Custom Repository support, prepared Yoma AddonSync repository support
  • Improved UI layout; Goodbye tab-hell!
  • New “Enter UserName/Password†and “IO Exception retry†dialogs
  • TrayIcon support

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Enjoy!

I like it - two things:

1. Can I filter for Versions? (E.g. I want to see only 0.51.103048)

2. Can I filter Out Specific Game modes (E.g. I dont want to see Wasteland Sevrer in my List)?

And I need to know how please - an easy to follow explanation would be nice

--

and it would be nice to save some presets for search querys.

I like it - two things:

1. Can I filter for Versions? (E.g. I want to see only 0.51.103048)

Currently you can enable the Hide -> Wrong -> Game Version filter, but that uses the client version, versus the server version and server configured min required build.

So it might not filter the versions exactly as you wish. We can look into making a specific game version filter, probably would have to choose then which you want to use because it would not make much sense enabling both the new and existing filter at the same time.

2. Can I filter Out Specific Game modes (E.g. I dont want to see Wasteland Sevrer in my List)?
ATM you can reverse any of the text based filters by adding a '!' in front of the keyword. E.g !dayz or e.g !wasteland. Or you could specify specific filters for game mode that perhaps not include wasteland.

Would that suffice in most cases or do you feel need for more advanced filtering options especially in regard to game modes, and being able to filter out specific batches?

and it would be nice to save some presets for search querys.
Agreed - would a modset sensitive filter (so filter settings are maintained/saved per modset),

or would you rather have global profiles that can be used and saved to from any modset?

Thanks

Hi,

just a side note : i see Iron Front listed among the games but PwS doesn't think i've got it. Not a big deal as there isn't really IF mod out there though, just asking.

Hi,

just a side note : i see Iron Front listed among the games but PwS doesn't think i've got it. Not a big deal as there isn't really IF mod out there though, just asking.

Hi,

That should mean the game is not auto detected, but you can still enter the path manually in the Iron Front game settings.

Would you mind scanning the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry for the Iron Front information, and share us the key that contains the path to the game etc?

That would be much appreciated

Edited by Sickboy

Hi,

That should mean the game is not auto detected, but you can still enter the path manually in the Iron Front game settings.

Would you mind scanning the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry for the Iron Front information, and share us the key that contains the path to the game etc?

That would be much appreciated

Could you be a little more specific, i'm not exactly used to browsing the registry...

Could you be a little more specific, i'm not exactly used to browsing the registry...

Sure, open regedit,

on the left open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

press F3 for search.

Find what: Iron Front

Look at: Keys

Then hit find next.

Keep pressing F3 until you've found an Iron Front relevant key that also shows the installation path on the right.

Once found, select it, then at the bottom you should see Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\..... please share the ..... part,

and also on the right side, what is in the left "Name" column where the installation path is in the right "Value" column

I suspect it will be something like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\DeepSilver\Iron Front

for arma2 normally then is the entry "MAIN" which has the installation path as value.

Iron Front should be under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\".

JtSXQgU.png

*Serial number zeroed for my protection

Iron Front should be under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\".

http://i.imgur.com/JtSXQgU.png

*Serial number zeroed for my protection

Thanks a lot TonyGrunt, included for next build :) (Almost had it right in the code, I had guessed Iron Front (with a space in between :))

Thanks, same for me.

Great, and thanks for checking!

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

While we are at it, could you guys tell me the Iron Front folder name located in My Documents?

Then also the IronFront Profile extension? e.g for arma2 it's: Sickboy.arma2profile, for oa it is: Sickboy.arma2oaprofile, etc, I suspect Sickboy.ironfrontprofile but not sure if it is based on logic :)

(I'm deeply ashamed for not owning the game myself ;-))

While we are at it, could you guys tell me the Iron Front folder name located in My Documents?

Then also the IronFront Profile extension? e.g for arma2 it's: Sickboy.arma2profile, for oa it is: Sickboy.arma2oaprofile, etc, I suspect Sickboy.ironfrontprofile but not sure if it is based on logic :)

(I'm deeply ashamed for not owning the game myself ;-))

"..\Documents\Iron Front"

"..\Documents\Iron Front Other Profiles"

Tony%20Grunt.IFProfile

Unrelated but why do I get a space in my previous post with word "Bohemia" which turns it to "Bohem ia".

Tried to edit it, but there is nothing there.

"..\Documents\Iron Front"

"..\Documents\Iron Front Other Profiles"

Tony%20Grunt.IFProfile

Unrelated but why do I get a space in my previous post with word "Bohemia" which turns it to "Bohem ia".

Tried to edit it, but there is nothing there.

Thanks a bunch.

The space added to your words there is a php spam protection iirc. Afaik modern browsers these days can properly break up walls of text so it seems a little outdated :P

Currently you can enable the Hide -> Wrong -> Game Version filter, but that uses the client version, versus the server version and server configured min required build.

So it might not filter the versions exactly as you wish. We can look into making a specific game version filter, probably would have to choose then which you want to use because it would not make much sense enabling both the new and existing filter at the same time.

ATM you can reverse any of the text based filters by adding a '!' in front of the keyword. E.g !dayz or e.g !wasteland. Or you could specify specific filters for game mode that perhaps not include wasteland.

Would that suffice in most cases or do you feel need for more advanced filtering options especially in regard to game modes, and being able to filter out specific batches?

Agreed - would a modset sensitive filter (so filter settings are maintained/saved per modset),

or would you rather have global profiles that can be used and saved to from any modset?

Thanks

The ! in front of keyword is oaky can I put a longer string like: !waste !dayz ? or mus I separate with semicolon? would be sufficient btw.

3 or 4 presets per modset are okay, lets make it possible to rename them and give them a button: [austrian deathmatch servers] I can click and it uses this preset to filter for servers.

The ! in front of keyword is oaky can I put a longer string like: !waste !dayz ? or mus I separate with semicolon? would be sufficient btw.

3 or 4 presets per modset are okay, lets make it possible to rename them and give them a button: [austrian deathmatch servers] I can click and it uses this preset to filter for servers.

Thanks that should give us some food for thought!

Regarding the combination of keywords, the search is not aware of multiple separate keywords per search field currently.

Will investigate what is the norm for search capabilities, I suppose we should implement operators like AND and OR

Hi, would you kindly consider making either a separate or consolidating a MOD Launcher with Six?

I think with A3 out now and as well as players like myself still with A2, could use a MOD launcher and I think you're just the man who could do that..........

Unless I'm mistaking and SixUpdater or Play sithSix does this already? I am referring to SP Mode.

Possibly name it "Six Mod Launcher"?

Or how about "KommieKat Launcher?

Something like that anyways.............

Thanks

Hi, yes, that's exactly what the old SIX Updater and new Play withSIX do. PwS is still in preview and lacking some functionality but it's starting to come together.

Hi, yes, that's exactly what the old SIX Updater and new Play withSIX do. PwS is still in preview and lacking some functionality but it's starting to come together.

Could you kindly be more specific?

Would that be the "Group Manager" or "Repo Manager" or something else I'm missing?

Perhaps there is a youtube video with instructions on that?

thx

Could you kindly be more specific?

Would that be the "Group Manager" or "Repo Manager" or something else I'm missing?

Perhaps there is a youtube video with instructions on that?

thx

You can launch a SP game from PWS and adding any mods from your mod folders. There is a SP or MP slider in the program....I hope that's what you are asking...?

its really anoying me now that we have so much mods on there that the window with the mods is sooo tiny, i feel like i need to scrool and search with 10% speed. would be nice to make it strechable so we get more mods on that list.

its really anoying me now that we have so much mods on there that the window with the mods is sooo tiny, i feel like i need to scrool and search with 10% speed. would be nice to make it strechable so we get more mods on that list.

I see, thanks for reporting.

For now, you should be able to maximize the Play withSIX window, which should make the list much better workable.

For the near future we have an UI update scheduled with much improved libraries, collections, search, ordering and filtering etc.

Hopefully more details on that soon.

The latest Play withSIX v1.3 BETA build (399) is now available on auto-update!

Original Post

This build brings several new and improved features and more design changes.

A new stable release should follow next days.

This is a BETA update, only available if you enable “Receive Beta Updates†in the Application Settings

2dujfpe_thumb.png | 174sd0_thumb.png | 34ypoaf_thumb.png

34y1ra0_thumb.png | dlqlhz_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

Highlights

• Added basic Mission Browser and Publishing
  • Added persistent custom modsets
  • Added local mods support
  • Improved UI layout and design
  • Improved SU Custom repo support

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

For now, you should be able to maximize the Play withSIX window, which should make the list much better workable.

For the near future we have an UI update scheduled with much improved libraries, collections, search, ordering and filtering etc.

Hopefully more details on that soon.

The latest build further improves the mods accessibility, but is not yet the mentioned much improved libraries/collections etc.

I've got my custom repo working fine from a local test webserver in SixUpdater. Do the .yml files need to be different for PWS or should I just be able to change the sixupdater:// part to pws:// ? I did try that but it didn't work and threw up errors in PwS, so if there's a page explaining what needs to be different, that would be helpful.