sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

Hey doveman, you can find all the latest ongoing docs re Custom Repo support in pws over at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5gsMuvN1E_GGajrkcLzapEuHPN1eZZ68ok5hczfhQ4/edit?usp=sharing

Incl known issues and workarounds, including the configuration file format strictness.

Thanks but that document doesn't really tell me much or even show an example server.yml to guide me. It suggests loading the repo into the Repo Manager to ensure it's correct if PwS gives errors, so I did that and commited and pushed and copied the file to my webserver. I had

:apps:

- CIA-TS3

and it removed the second line even though the Repo Manager has that app listed but I'll come back to that once I get the rest working.

So I launched PwS with a link to the .yml and it crashed immediately. I got an update notification but couldn't click it because of the crash, so I relaunched PwS normally and updated, then it crashed again. I can't even submit the error report as it says it's sent too many already! I had this problem with SixUpdater the other day when it updated and I had to uninstall and reinstall it, which got it working but lost all my settings and Custom Repos I'd imported, so that was a pain (perhaps you could have an option when uninstalling to keep the user files?)

I'll hold of uninstalling/reinstalling PwS in case you can advise a way to fix it without needing to do that. It may be that my custom repo has imported and is causing the crash, so maybe there's a way to remove this by editing the files and then it will load OK. I can't see any sign of it in "C:\Users\x\AppData\Roaming\Play with Six\settings.xml" though

Thanks but that document doesn't really tell me much or even show an example server.yml to guide me. It suggests loading the repo into the Repo Manager to ensure it's correct if PwS gives errors, so I did that and commited and pushed and copied the file to my webserver. I had

- CIA-TS3

and it removed the second line even though the Repo Manager has that app listed but I'll come back to that once I get the rest working.

Everything is exactly the same as before, except for the exceptions and caveats listed in the document.
So I launched PwS with a link to the .yml and it crashed immediately. I got an update notification but couldn't click it because of the crash, so I relaunched PwS normally and updated, then it crashed again. I can't even submit the error report as it says it's sent too many already!
Are you running beta build 399 now?

Please post a screenshot of the error.

I had this problem with SixUpdater the other day when it updated and I had to uninstall and reinstall it, which got it working but lost all my settings and Custom Repos I'd imported, so that was a pain (perhaps you could have an option when uninstalling to keep the user files?)
It already is asked for during Uninstall, and in this case you were required to remove them because there was a broken value in the database. Edited by Sickboy

Everything is exactly the same as before, except for the exceptions and caveats listed in the document.

Should be OK then, maybe it was the apps line that was messing up PwS, even though SixUpdater doesn't have any problem with it.

Are you running beta build 399 now?

Please post a screenshot of the error.

I guess so. Here you go http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7296/pwscrash.png (248 kB)

It already is asked for during Uninstall, and in this case you were required to remove them because there was a broken value in the database.

It didn't ask me this time but if it was required to remove them I guess it wouldn't ask me.

It didn't ask me this time but if it was required to remove them I guess it wouldn't ask me.
I can't see any way why it wouldn't ask it, perhaps you overlooked, auto clicked Yes or No?

The requirement to remove the configuration files was to fix the error state you were in. Uninstall procedure does not know about that :)

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

I guess so. Here you go http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7296/pwscrash.png (248 kB)
Thanks, looking into it.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

Doveman would you be so kind as to "Save to file" the error report, and then send it by email to honeypot ]at[ sixnetworks.net ?

Thanks in advance!

We're checking with the reporting provider about the limit.

Doveman would you be so kind as to "Save to file" the error report, and then send it by email to honeypot ]at[ sixnetworks.net ?

Thanks in advance!

We're checking with the reporting provider about the limit.

I'd be happy to but no dialog opens when I click it. Despite the error box, the server list continues to refresh in the background so I let that finish and clicked the button again but then I just get the "Progam is not responding" windows error box and have to close it.

I've pasted the Report.wer from the crash anyway in case that's useful http://pastebin.com/K2tfdCgA

Thanks! Is it possible it is just taking very very long?

Also perhaps it helps if you wait a minute after the dialog has shown, before hitting Save to File.

Thanks! Is it possible it is just taking very very long?

Also perhaps it helps if you wait a minute after the dialog has shown, before hitting Save to File.

Nope, I'm afraid I tried waiting for a while before clicking the button and also leaving it for several minutes after clicking the button to see if the dialog would appear but no luck. Once when I started PwS and went and did something else, when I went back to it there was no error box though. It came back next time I started it though! Actually, I've found that if I start it and make it lose focus by going to my browser, it consistently starts without the error, so maybe there's a clue there as to where the problem is.

I tried opening my repo link with PwS (after running it through the Repo Manager in case of errors) but it still doesn't work.

I've edited the IP and password from the server.yml below.

---

:name: C1 CWR2
:ip: x
:port: 2702
:motd: []
:rules: []
:password: x
:force_server_name: true
:required_mods: 
- "@CBA"
- "@CBA_A2"
- "@CBA_OA"
- "@CWR2"
- "@CWR2_NL"
- "@CWR2_UK"
- "@gdtmod_grass"
- "@Thirsk"
- "@WinterCamos"
- "@sthud"
- "@MK4"
- "@blakes_pradar"
:allowed_mods: 
- "@Blastcore_Visuals"
- "@JSRS"
- "@RUG_DSAI"
:apps: []
:missions: []
:mpmissions: []
:guid: c3c4cc31-a72d-4f40-8951-83e3a4abae86

Opening that with pws://127.0.0.1/server.yml launches PwS and I then pushed it to the background so it wouldn't crash. When I went back to it it looks like this and doesn't show the imported server in the server browser at all.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2897/pwscr2.png (352 kB)

Try switching between modsets, then back to the custom one. Fixing before Stable.

Try switching between modsets, then back to the custom one. Fixing before Stable.

Tried that I'm afraid. I'm in no hurry though so I'll wait for Stable and test again ;)

Hey Sickboy,

In v1.3.0.399 I can't combine multiple mods into one set. With an existing mod highlighted, hitting add selected on another mod just creates a new mod set for that mod.

This is with A3/Single Player as I just want to use the editor.

Also, what makes a local mod appear? In the local list, some of mine appear and others don't.

Thanks guys, the issues should be solved in beta build 401.

Finalizing for stable release probably next hours.

Thanks guys, the issues should be solved in beta build 401.

Finalizing for stable release probably next hours.

Still getting the same error trying to add my repo I'm afraid

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2199/pws401.png (245 kB)

EDIT: By the way, I really don't like the "Do you want to delete all the mods" prompt when removing a custom repo from the list. Could you make this at least an option to not show this prompt and make that default, as I can easily see me clicking the wrong option by mistake and then having to spend hours downloading a load of mods again.

I'm afraid it's an error in your yml, as stated in the error message; cannot find server cia1 (in the config yml servers section).

(these are case sensitive)

nginx must affect the case then, as the file is CiA1.yml and config.yml contains

:servers:

- CiA1

- CiA2

so I changed that to

:servers:

- cia1

- cia2

and it imports OK now. I guess PwS is more fussy in this respect as it works OK without having to do this in Six Updater.

I'm trying to add the TS3 app back now but if I edit cia1.yml to include

:apps: "cia-ts3"

then when importing either cia1 or cia2 I get this error, which seems rather strange as I haven't edited cia2.yml so I can't see why that should stop working after editing cia1.yml!

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2199/pws401.png (207 kB)

config.yml contains (as it always has, all I've changed is the line in cia1.yml)

cia-ts3:

:type: Teamspeak3

:ip: x

:password: x

:port: x

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Also wanted to ask how we cover needing ACR/ACR Lite in a repo, as obviously some people will only have one and some the other?

I only downloaded ACR Lite the other day and it's created a folder acrlite (not @acrlite), so I can add "acrlite" to the list of required mods but I don't think that will help for players with the full ACR.

The apps format in server.yml is incorrect, please refer to the SU yml examples: http://www.pastie.org/2887585

Otherwise, use the Repo Manager UI in SU instead, it does all the formatting for you

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Regarding the filenames, if the filenames on the web server are actually CiA1.yml (so not all lower case), then the config.yml servers section requires the same CiA1 entry.

The problem could instead be that the pws:// link you had cia1.yml instead of the correct case CiA1.yml (this case sensitivity is inherent to (posix) webservers).

---------- Post added at 13:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

The acrlite situation is an abomination ;) We can add custom logic for the specific case but I wonder if it is that useful

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

We've disabled the uninstall dialog upon removing custom modsets for now and will re-evaluate it, thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Sickboy

The apps format in server.yml is incorrect, please refer to the SU yml examples: http://www.pastie.org/2887585

Otherwise, use the Repo Manager UI in SU instead, it does all the formatting for you

I did use the Repo Manager before and it showed the TS3 app listed but then created the config.yml with no apps which is why I ended up doing it manually.

Ah, I see now you said the server.yml format was wrong. That link you posted doesn't give an example of the correct format for that but I used the Repo Manager and that made

- cia-ts3

and it imports OK into PwS now. It's still crashing unless I push it to the background when launching though (it's OK importing if it's already running, just when it launches it crashes if in focus) but the Send Report button is working now so I used that.

Regarding the filenames, if the filenames on the web server are actually CiA1.yml (so not all lower case), then the config.yml servers section requires the same CiA1 entry.

The problem could instead be that the pws:// link you had cia1.yml instead of the correct case CiA1.yml (this case sensitivity is inherent to (posix) webservers).

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll keep the links lowercase and use that in config.yml as well. The files are still CiA1.yml and CiA2.yml even though I've used lowercase in config.yml and it works so I can only assume the webserver is changing the case of the files on the fly but I'll change them anyway.

The acrlite situation is an abomination ;) We can add custom logic for the specific case but I wonder if it is that useful[/Quote]

Well I think it'd be useful as I can't see how else we can cope with needing ACR or ACR lite and specifying this in the required mods. I guess with BAF and PMC, because the lite versions are included in A2OA that's why we don't have to include those in the list?

We've disabled the uninstall dialog upon removing custom modsets for now and will re-evaluate it, thanks for the feedback.

Great, thanks. That will save me some stress ;)

That link you posted doesn't give an example of the correct format for that but I used the Repo Manager and that made
It does, but it is in alternative format from what SU repo man produces.

:apps: [Main TS server] # Which apps are used for this server, the name must exist in Config.yml apps section

Re acr, will look into it.

Thanks for the crashreport, will have a look

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Did you send the bug report from build 401, or only 399? I can find one for 399, but not yet for 401. The stacktrace would be more useful if we got one from 401.

It does, but it is in alternative format from what SU repo man produces.

:apps: [Main TS server] # Which apps are used for this server, the name must exist in Config.yml apps section

Ah, I see, confusing 'cos that doesn't look like an example, just a guide to the syntax. The examples in the config.yml above it are more obviously examples and using the SU repo format would be more obvious too. So if that's an example, then putting the app name in [] works as well as the SU repo format?

Re acr, will look into it.

Thanks for the crashreport, will have a look

Cool, thanks.

Found one from 401 in the meantime, perhaps was just delayed :)

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Found and probably fixed the issue for next build. Been trying to reproduce but wasn't able to so far.

Should be available later today, hopefully.

Found one from 401 in the meantime, perhaps was just delayed :)

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Found and probably fixed the issue for next build. Been trying to reproduce but wasn't able to so far.

Should be available later today, hopefully.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it :)

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it :)

Released beta build 403, could you please give it a spin?

Released beta build 403, could you please give it a spin?

Thanks, no more errors :)

The only thing I've noticed (with previous version as well) is that when importing a repo, it doesn't update and just shows "Placeholder for repo" and Show Info shows 0 mods, until I click on another repo and then back on the imported one and then it updates and shows the proper information. No big deal though.

Glad to hear and thanks, that issue should also be solved now for next build.

Glad to hear and thanks, that issue should also be solved now for next build.

Great, thanks.