sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

Beta build 405 released, this should hopefully be the final Beta, the stable should follow later tonight after gathering final feedback

Beta build 405 released, this should hopefully be the final Beta, the stable should follow later tonight after gathering final feedback

Thanks, I can confirm that with 405 it shows the correct info automatically after importing the repo.

Sickboy,

The local list has disappeared.

I can now add multiple addons to the one custom set (great!) - but I only know it worked by looking in the Show Info section for the custom set.

Once one custom set's created, I can't seem to create a second? (I did work out that if I use the custom set search to give back an empty result list, then add a addon, that it then creates that as a new set.)

For the custom sets, might it be easier for people if each set didn't have a base/primary addon that all the other added addons were secondary to? I can rename a custom set to a name that's meaninful for me (like "Debug"), but I can't remove the first addon I added's author details etc from the main display.

Edited by Axek
Clarified my writing...

How do I get the different versions? 0.52.103279 is the one I have and opting into the beta update thru Steam gives a different version.

But why are there other versions on PWS? and where do I get them?

Thanks

Sickboy,

The local list has disappeared.

I can now add multiple addons to the one custom set (great!) - but I only know it worked by looking in the Show Info section for the custom set.

Once one custom set's created, I can't seem to create a second? (I did work out that if I use the custom set search to give back an empty result list, then add a addon, that it then creates that as a new set.)

For the custom sets, might it be easier for people if each set didn't have a base/primary addon that all the other added addons were secondary to? I can rename a custom set to a name that's meaninful for me (like "Debug"), but I can't remove the first addon I added's author details etc from the main display.

You should see the added mods in the Mod browser, but because of dependencies they might be deeper than you have currently expanded.

The modsets/collections/libraries will be considerably overhauled as part of UI overhaul pt2, coming weeks.

The author info in your custom set and such details will also be solved.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

How do I get the different versions? 0.52.103279 is the one I have and opting into the beta update thru Steam gives a different version.

But why are there other versions on PWS? and where do I get them?

Thanks

PwS should use whatever ARMA 3 version you have active on Steam. There's no game version selection in PwS at this time.

The PwS A3 thread is over here btw; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147465-Play-withSIX-Launcher-Downloader-ServerBrowser-FULL-ARMA3-Alpha-Support-more!

Hi, please tell me you won't purposely break Six updater so we are forced to use this "play withSix".

Yes, what Binkowski said. All of a sudden there are a ton of problems with Six Updater, and I just can't figure out why. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Hi, please tell me you won't purposely break Six updater so we are forced to use this "play withSix".

No of course not. If anything we've been fixing some bugs and improving some features (ARMA 3 support amongst them), and extending the Custom Repo manager for PwS fields.

As always if there are any issues we gladly hear about them: http://www.six-updater.net/p/support.html

Regarding increased error rates, this could especially be the case during high-tide (weekends especially), we're working on improving that.

However beyond that, our focus will be Play withSIX.

Edited by Sickboy

We've made some tweaks to the network yesterday that should hopefully improve both SU and PwS's reliability,

did it help for you guys, Binkowski and Assifuah?

..nvm.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sickboy. Excuse me for the late reply, but I did not see your post that you edited as "..nvm". So I'm assuming it is nothing of importance? Regarding the issues, I have not had any issues since you replied to my post.

Having problems with the playwithsix forums so figured I'd post here...

+++

I was wondering if there was any way you would consider doing some sort of logging/monitoring of which mods/maps are getting in terms of:

Individual Users/Day

Ratio of Active Server/Players (day/week/month averages)

I check in a LOT on the DayZ Mods to see which are being played the most with the least servers.

This would be a GREAT tool for admins to judge which mods/maps they should try out.

Thanks for all your work!

Hi Sickboy. Excuse me for the late reply, but I did not see your post that you edited as "..nvm". So I'm assuming it is nothing of importance? Regarding the issues, I have not had any issues since you replied to my post.

Hi Binko, thanks for the follow up and i'm happy to hear all is well right now. Indeed, nothing important in that post :)

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

I was wondering if there was any way you would consider doing some sort of logging/monitoring of which mods/maps are getting in terms of:

Individual Users/Day

Ratio of Active Server/Players (day/week/month averages)

I check in a LOT on the DayZ Mods to see which are being played the most with the least servers.

This would be a GREAT tool for admins to judge which mods/maps they should try out.

Thanks for all your work!

We have quite some stats, especially for servers, but it needs some more love before it will be usable in this manner.

I don't expect we can deliver this too soon, but in about a month, or following weeks.

PwS is currently showing 0 mods with v409. It seems to be stuck on Syncing as well. SixUpdater seems to be OK so there doesn't appear to be a problem with the Six network.

PwS is currently showing 0 mods with v409. It seems to be stuck on Syncing as well. SixUpdater seems to be OK so there doesn't appear to be a problem with the Six network.
Thanks! I believe it's fixed in v411 - couple of minutes!

Thanks! I believe it's fixed in v411 - couple of minutes!

Thanks, all working again now :)

Hey Sickboy,

Said this before, but you might have missed it...

In version 1.3.0.415 and 1.3.0.409, the Local section's missing in the list of Mods available. I'm pretty sure the the older version (1.3.0.407 I think?) was showing Local as a drop down option, with extra Addons I'd copied manually over into the "Mods Directory" location.

Now I just see Unknown, System, Island, Mission and Mission Features, Mission Generator, Armies and UI Enhancements.

Thanks for the work.

Axyl.

Hey Sickboy,

Said this before, but you might have missed it...

In version 1.3.0.415 and 1.3.0.409, the Local section's missing in the list of Mods available. I'm pretty sure the the older version (1.3.0.407 I think?) was showing Local as a drop down option, with extra Addons I'd copied manually over into the "Mods Directory" location.

Now I just see Unknown, System, Island, Mission and Mission Features, Mission Generator, Armies and UI Enhancements.

Thanks for the work.

Axyl.

Hi Axyl,

Mods only show up as Local Mod currently, if they do not exist on the network. If they do exist on the network, they will instead show up in the category as they exist on the network.

Have you tried inputting the name of the mod in the "Search mod name" field? A lot of arma3 mods got added recently.

Also previously by bug, local mods that aren't in the mod directory, but in the game directory showed up, that was considered a bug, although we plan to make it possible to load mods from anywhere soon.

I hope this helps

PwS is currently throwing up an error about being unable to install Six Tools when trying to update the beta. I sent a report.

PwS is currently throwing up an error about being unable to install Six Tools when trying to update the beta. I sent a report.

Thanks, on it!

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Sorted

Thanks, on it!

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

Sorted

Confirmed, thanks.

Hi Axyl,

Mods only show up as Local Mod currently, if they do not exist on the network. If they do exist on the network, they will instead show up in the category as they exist on the network.

Have you tried inputting the name of the mod in the "Search mod name" field? A lot of arma3 mods got added recently.

Also previously by bug, local mods that aren't in the mod directory, but in the game directory showed up, that was considered a bug, although we plan to make it possible to load mods from anywhere soon.

I hope this helps

Thanks Sickboy,

Got the Local category showing up again only after uninstalling Play WithSix and deleting the %UserAppData%\Local\Play withSIX folder. I did also try just uninstalling (and saying yes to deleting the config), but that didn't fix the issue. Had to manually remove the above folder.

Edit: After a second restart the Local collection's missing again though.

This is for the testing versions of ACRE and JayArmaLib...which don't appear in the selection list as yet.

Edited by Axek

Hi Axek, that should be because ACRE and JayArma2lib exist on the network as ARMA2 mods not ARMA3.

For the time being you could rename the folders, e.g to include _a3, in the meantime we'll look into it.

Hope this helps

Hi Axek, that should be because ACRE and JayArma2lib exist on the network as ARMA2 mods not ARMA3.

For the time being you could rename the folders, e.g to include _a3, in the meantime we'll look into it.

Hope this helps

Ahh spot on.

The only addons I was testing with were those that are available in A2 via Six Updater. Changing the directory names has fixed it up.

Thanks.

Sickboy,

Just wondering if there's any way to add mods to a particular place in the modline with PwS yet? I use a RAMdisk for some of the A2/OA vanilla files, so need to have the HDD folders for those first as normal, then my RAMdisk folders following, so that the modline in ArmA II Launcher looks like "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;s:\arma2-ram;s:\arma2oa\expansion-ram;acrlite;@baf;@pmc;@cba_co;@blastcore_visuals;"

So basically I need to insert the mods in the line after the default vanilla folders and before the third-party mods and this needs to be a single global setup that applies to every server.