sickboy

Play withSIX Community Preview [Evolution of SIX Launcher and in time also SU]

Gnat;2242680']Since the upgrade of the tool its now telling me my I44 needs updating! No possible.

So why is it saying that?

Very wary of selecting update because despite the fact it shouldn't be able to see my (older) development I44 folders' date=' I can't trust this tool not to do something like overwrite them.[/quote']

Isn't it because it wants ArmA2 beta to be updated ?

Huh? Don't think so. The big orange box on the left side says "update" only when I select the I44 mod ......

Normal UI design suggests that has nothing to do with betas.

It seems it more of a bug with ACR itself, as IIRC it loads correctly on its own (as specified in Expansion game menu or what's it called) only if there is no modline present (and all mods are loaded through ingame Expansion menu, which writes the mod state into Arma2OA profile cfg file), and obviously PwS launches the game with -mod=...

The solution is easy, in PwS, go to Arma 2 tab, and there is an option for additional commandline parameters, just add

-mod=ACR

there. It should run fine then. At least it does on my system.

Many thanks for that info, it is now working :)

Do I just keep repeating that formula to activate any other mod?

Many thanks for that info, it is now working :)

Do I just keep repeating that formula to activate any other mod?

Yes, you can use it with manually installed mods as well, just use the normal A2 modline specification

-mod=something[b];[/b]somethingelse

. But it will not be much needed in the future once PwS incorporates support for more and more mods just like SixUpdater did.

I have some most of the OA files and a selection of the A2 files on a RAMdisk and the registry points to this (s:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead) and PwS shows this in the OA Game Path box. However, it's ignoring it and loading OA from my D: drive as you can see from the RPT entry below.

Note, on this occasion I had the Arma2 path pointing to D:\Games\ARMA2-Free and the additional parameters of "-mod=d:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion" (to load the OA files that are not on the RAMdisk) and "Force enable Beta patch" unticked and "Include server mods" ticked. Even though the server shows it's running 95251 and no mods, PwS has still loaded the beta as you can see.

I'm also not sure if it works to have two -mod sections in the commandline. I would have thought PwS should just add any mods specified in the "additional parameters" box to the existing -mod section.

== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching "-mod=d:\games\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion" -connect=5.9.23.136 -port=2302 "-mod=D:\Games\ARMA2-Free;expansion;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta;D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion\beta\expansion"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/10/15 22:07:34

Current time: 2012/10/22 20:57:00

Version 1.62.98089

@doveman; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/pws_using_wrong_path_and_settings_to_launch_arma

@[APS]Gnat; Did you verify if all settings are still in order? will look into it, could you send the logs? http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/where_can_i_find_the_log_files

Edited by Sickboy

Hey guys having problems playing the ACE mod with Six updater Went through the normal process of installing but when installing this message did come up suring the installation.

'Unhandled exception during processing of userconfig for @ACE access to the path 'C:\Programfiles(86x)\BohemiaInteractive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig\ace' is denied'

After clicking 'Ok' and going on to try and launch the mod through six updater Arma begins to load then i get this error message 'include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found'

This is really bugging me now, trying to figure out what the problem is but I can't, i tried moving the mod folders to the Arma directory then including them in the target line but that doesnt work, I've found the file 'ace_clientside_config.hpp' but i don't know what to do with it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey Rugby,

That sounds like Play withSIX and not SIX Updater ;-)

Try running PwS right-click Run as Administrator and try again.

In the mean time we'll try to hunt it down and fix it ;)

Hey Rugby,

That sounds like Play withSIX and not SIX Updater ;-)

Try running PwS right-click Run as Administrator and try again.

In the mean time we'll try to hunt it down and fix it ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Lol yeah thats the one 'Play withSIX' I tried to run ACE after i selected PwS to run as admin but still the same problem :(

Try running "Diagnose" on the ACE Mod in the Mod List, while having started PwS as Admin.

Ok i shall try that now.

Also i was having problems with connecting to certain servers online so i reinstalled everything so maybe that had something to do it with.

(fingers crossed)

Why doesn't PwS show this server http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/81.88.208.212:2302/ if I search by Wasteland?

It's not a vanilla server because it runs @ws mod, and it is not running any of the supported main-mods, and thus not listed.

I suspect the @ws mod is something server-side-only?

You can at least add it manually but it's a bit of a hassle redoing that as it doesn't appear in the list atm.

For the future we're looking to make such servers accessible as well.

Edited by Sickboy

It's not a vanilla server because it runs @ws mod, and it is not running any of the supported main-mods, and thus not listed.

I suspect the @ws mod is something server-side-only?

You can at least add it manually but it's a bit of a hassle redoing that as it doesn't appear in the list atm.

For the future we're looking to make such servers accessible as well.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to see if that page showed any mods but couldn't see anything so assumed it must be vanilla.

I want to update ace, view the change logs, and download some other mods.

Can I still download the old web interface Six Updater?

Stick to using Six Updater instead of PwS than. :)

A little quiet lately, but no worries, we're still working hard to bring you the next build and beyond :)

A new build with bug fixes and improvements is scheduled for a release soon.

We've been rather busy with revamping and improving our development and planning processes, and release pipelines.

With that, we hope to increase the quality (reduce bugs) and pace at which we will deliver features,

especially the long awaited SIX Updater features :)

We've also recently added a "Give support" section, and we've started to list statistics on our main PwS site;

• 666,852 Downloads
  • 95,236 Registered Users
  • 136 Communities

Since August 8th, 2012 :o so excluding the previous projects like SIX Updater (GUI), SIX Updater (web), and SIX Launcher ;-)

"With that, we hope to increase the quality (reduce bugs) and pace at which we will deliver features"

It's been a monumental struggle to get my friends to use Six Updater because all they remember about it is that every time you started it you had to reinstall it because a new version was out. I did that basically unconsciously, but apparently that's a tremendous hurdle for many people. Just something to think about with frequent updates.

Thanks, definitely good points.

The update experience in PwS is already significantly better than in SU, but there's still room for improvement.

We've got a new Installer currently under development and we intend to split up into Applications and Tools.

As the Tools package is the largest, but least updated, that should majorly improve the user experience for updates.

That said, we definitely strive to keep the update frequency at a reasonable level :)

http://play.withsix.com/posts/82-play-withsix-build-148-released

The latest Play withSIX build (148) is now available on auto-update!

Highlights

• Beta enabled is no longer forced; It is only enabled if a server or mod requires it, or you've enabled Force beta option.
  • Running game information and control overlay
  • Sync Cache - After the first sync you'll have much quicker access to the program after starting it
  • Encoding exception fixed on systems where the software is installed in a path with non ASCII characters. (finally!)
  • Less slamming of our API, improving the experience for everyone
  • Minor UI enhancements
  • Various bug fixes

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know

Enjoy!

-- Some issues occured in the first build and should all be solved now

Custom modsets and repositories should be available soon.

Edited by Sickboy

Custom modsets and repositories should be available soon.

This will cause many to drop Six-Updater and make the change once and for good. It will also make things so much easier for new players.

Do you ever plan to integrating an A2 1.11 server browser and compatible mod downloads for A2 1.11 into play with six?

Do you ever plan to integrating an A2 1.11 server browser and compatible mod downloads for A2 1.11 into play with six?

Probably yes, but it is not a priority at this time.

If you own OA already I wonder why you would want to run the inferior A2 exe anyway,

when you can have everything from A2 available through OA's exe, while enjoying OA engine enhancements and content.

But I guess that's left to preference, in any case for me it is part of the priority determination.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

This will cause many to drop Six-Updater and make the change once and for good. It will also make things so much easier for new players.

An old chapter closes, and a new begins... I'm loving it ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

If you own OA already I wonder why you would want to run the inferior A2 exe anyway,

when you can have everything from A2 available through OA's exe, while enjoying OA engine enhancements and content.

But I guess that's left to preference, in any case for me it is part of the priority determination.

Well I do own A2 + RFT pack (OA,pmc,baf). As of now I'm primarily playing on A2 servers though. I live in Fairbanks Alaska, so the only decent pings I get are on the A2 server list. I can't get into most of the CO servers because they're euro/uk (high ping).

I'd like to add some suggestions too; Don't update PWS so frequently as you did with sixupdater. Initially I <3 six updater, but after some time I did choose to do mods the standard way because of the frequent updates/reinstalls. Unless PWS can be updated automatically, quickly, painlessly upon the application starting up, I wouldn't update so frequently.

At any rate, hats off to you sir. PWS is already a great tool. It's tons more user friendly than six updater.

BTW, I tried to add my OA dedicated server to the list and it never appeared after providing my ip and port. It did want to connect me to the server, but it never showed on the list. I would like some friends to be able to select the server from the list, update, and join the server all from PWS.

Also, does PWS differentiate between versions of ACE when the filter is set to NOT show wrong mods &/or game versions? ie; ACE1.13 stable and ACE1.14rc. Even after I update mods before joining some servers, sometimes it loads and then kicks me to the main menu of Armaco. I was wondering if maybe I had wrong version of ACE or something, as the version of ACE I have atm is the one (1.14rc) downloaded via PWS.

Edited by Iceman77

I still don't seem to be able to add mods using the "Additional startup parameters". If I enter -mod="d:\games\ArmA2OA\exp-ramdisk", when I next check it's changed to -mod -ramdisk.

The files in exp-ramdisk are those from expansions/addons that are on my RAMDisk, so when running from RAMDisk I wouldn't point to this folder and would just add -mod="d:\games\ArmA2OA\expansion" to load the rest of the files that aren't on the RAMDisk, but when not using the RAMdisk and running from HDD, I need to point it to exp-ramdisk so that it loads those files. I had to move the files on the RAMdisk from expansion\addons to a separate folder, otherwise it would just load them from HDD rather than RAMdisk.