Sign in to follow this  
Alik

Air & land vechicles we should see

I wish I could see a BTR-60 APC at least on some upgrade packet, since in addition to being widely available during early 80's, it was also the standard APC of S.U. marine forces - the troops you could expect to participate such a off-continent conflict

Also, it would make perfectly sense as likely Soviet equipment to bee seen on a battlefield where the enemy (resistance/local defence forces) is not initially expected to have state-of-the art weaponary to be used against the invaders at their disposal.

If it should be included, also it's weak points (like diability to protect from HMG fire) should be taken into consideration.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/btr-60.htm

What it comes to helos, if the rumours that the main character is to be a civilian copter pilot by profession, I'd very much like to see Hughes S-58T in his company's equipment just for it's very personal look!

http://www.s58t.com/pic.html

Also, if there's going to be some local defence force represented, or what equipmet of it remains of it in hands of Resistance, military versions of that ugly bird H-58 would well suit in context - after all, even if it's a bit outdated for 80's from NATO's wievpoint, we're talking about a little nation with not too many money for latest toys.

http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/sik_s-58-r.html

I want a 1966 or 1967 Shelby GT500. (And I liked it before gone in 60 seconds came out.) With a certain green paintjob, my bro's rims and its gotta be manaul for me biggrin.gif

A pickup truck would be cool too. Maybe one with an MG on the off. And have one with a cab. So the enemy cant see in. The cab would provide protection too. Some new cars to choose from would be cool. Like a new sports car or two (1967 Shelby PLEASE PLEASE!!!!wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 23 2002,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The cab would provide protection too.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, but it wouldn't, or rather shouldn't. It's already not very realistic in that bullets cannot penetrate cars in the game except through the glass. I wish Bohemia Interactive Studios would change that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry, but it wouldn't, or rather shouldn't.  It's already not very realistic in that bullets cannot penetrate cars in the game except through the glass.  I wish Bohemia Interactive Studios would change that.<span id='postcolor'>

More stupid things about bullets.

Shoot someone with a M16 in the leg and he lives, shoot someone with a AK74 in the leg and he lives, shoot someone with a dragunov in the leg and he lives, shoot someone with a G36 in the leg and he dies. You can shoot a soldier with 4 bullets from a Bizon and he lives if you hit the arms and legs.

Less damage from the G36 and bullet penetration plz.

I've shotten enemies in the legs with a G36. They live.

I would love to see atachments for the HUMVEE, either a M2 machine gun and/or TOW launcher. I'd love to run a little recon squad with hit and run tatics vs. armour. Imagine the rush of firing a TOW then just taking off as fast as you can to reload and relocate. Would be fun.

COLINMAN

I've never heard of a HMMWV having a TOW...

Dont you ever search the web? mad.gif

m1045_imgw_023.jpg

C-130 hercules with the ability to at least carry someone sort of vehicle even if its just a jeep with machin gun smile.gif

R71, No I don't search the web. I have other things to do.

Well, let's not forget sea vehicles either. Wouldn't dislike a submarine inserting some commandoes to enemy beach for a spying mission during a moonless, dark night...

and fixed land units: coastal batteries, maybe also submarine pens should likely exist on such strategic islands.

I want zodiacs and a civilian speed boat.

I'd like to see some "technicals" for the Resistance...4x4s with improptu weapon mounts...MGs, rockets etc...you know what I mean?

technical.jpg

I think there was a thread about this sometime...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 27 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want zodiacs and a civilian speed boat.<span id='postcolor'>

There is already a zodiac made check out www.OFP.info in there download section

I only like using official things. I use very few addons. THe official stuff is better cause more ppl can use it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 28 2002,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like to see some "technicals" for the Resistance...4x4s with improptu weapon mounts...MGs, rockets etc...you know what I mean?

technical.jpg

I think there was a thread about this sometime...<span id='postcolor'>

Well.... looks like you found some concept art from a certain RTS game that shall remain nameless wink.gif

But just cause its nameless doesnt mean it cant kick ass! wow.gif

Strangely enough, this was the only "technicals" pic I could find on short notice...i would have preferred a real pic to artwork... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (grey @ June 30 2002,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">goddam ragheads at it again smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Any repeat of a comment such as that will see you banned from these forums.

ohh the scary moderator is intimidating people again tounge.gif J/K

And i dont know about C&C:generals, they started out with a slighlty more realistic mindset but then it degenerated into the usual C&C crap, atleast thats how it seems to me.

And sorry for the OT post..

It would rock if we would get ultimate upgrades for Resistance like we got for original ofp...

Would like to see the ZRK-SD Romb AA flak missile system. I know I said this elsewhere before but I thought I'd add it here.