Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

;2198089'].45 and 9mm cannot be the same' date=' thats just ridiculous. Watch ballistic testing via tnoutdoors on youtube as see how much they differ in penetration. .45 stops in the body whereas the 9mm is a through and through. .45 should be upped to 7 or something. Fuck the formula :)[/quote']

Well, the problem may be that it's going solely off of kinetic energy and nothing about penetration, bullet geometry, etc. If you look up the energies and calculate them yourself, they are indeed very close. But I agree with you that it is much more complex than that. Then again, what is the difference between .45 and 9mm versus body armor? But then the damages should be different for arm/leg/head shots...etc.

Hello Arma crew!

Is there any new info on the latest linux standalone?...

my crew and me allready searched the net but didnt find anything...we running linux server and want to update to latest patch..

plz anybody pm me if he got info about that...

tx forwarded

Hello Arma crew!

Is there any new info on the latest linux standalone?...

my crew and me allready searched the net but didnt find anything...we running linux server and want to update to latest patch..

plz anybody pm me if he got info about that...

tx forwarded

"When it's done"

;)

Something I noticed while playing the ACR campaign, something I haven't seen in a very long time. I've been playing too much with the Takistani units I guess. The ACR units which has a sidearm tends to prefer using that above their main weapon. They don't even bother to switch back to their main weapon after an engagement.

I was under the impression this issue was fixed ages ago, at least as far back as 1.59. :confused:

EDIT: This has been going on at mid range distances, but I'll be sure to test this further. It seems rather odd either way.

Edited by colossus

Setting your controls to "left/right" instead of the "more left/more right" controls in vehicle controls gets rid of it alltogether, at least up to 1.62 RC2.. Try it.

In third-person, I just hit the 'freelook' key (NUMPAD *) and use the keyboard left/right/forward/back keys to control the vehicle & the mouse to look around. It's then pretty much like the previous steering system.

Can't stand the mouse steering system myself.

For me no crash, same update of the drivers for my GTX285, but the artifacts are present. I noticed it after the 1.62 update, they appear after a while, not at the beginning of the game, only when I point the look at some direction, maybe staring directly at the direction of the sun or at the main light source I suppose.

The artifacts looks like flat intersecting surfaces and makes impossible to see anything in the direction where they appears so I be forced to leave the game.

For a plenty of screenshots and videos about this graphic bug and for temporary workaround solutions I got this post into the DayZ official forum.

Hope it'll be solved soon...

For a plenty of screenshots and videos about this graphic bug and for temporary workaround solutions I got this post into the DayZ official forum.

Hope it'll be solved soon...

I have never seen those in Arma2 standard but we did get them in the Project Reality mod. When you used a satchel to blow up a placed Forward Outpost (type you pack and unpack from crate) you would get those strange effects with triangular polygons emanating from the location of the destroyed FOB. Not sure if they ever fixed it but might be worth asking an opinion over at their forum. Video here - looks like the same thing - don't think it is BIS related, something to do with the mods?

eOzx6RXpKkU

Edited by PELHAM

Don't know where else to post this. I am grateful to BI for including Linux OS as part of their game. My only concern is that when official patches are released, Linux OS users are forced to wait much longer and hence lose any recruits or players for their clans..etc, and lose continuity with the rest of the Arma Community. While BI puts out a Linux version for free, server owners are paying for their service. I kindly ask that in the future BI waits to release official patches to the game until both OS's are available. This will keep the community in sync and not have organizations, clans ..etc. be left out. Especially with the steam issue of auto updating everyone ( I know this is a steam issue), BI can moderate all of this useless chatter over Linux patch if Official patches were released at the same time. Thank you for all of the hard work and I can't wait to play again on Linux server.

Bruce

I see BIS removed the whole "objects appearing at 50% of viewdistance" bullshit.

I love it, please keep it like this. It effectively fixed armored and air warfare.

Even better, make them spawn a bit behind the fog, so they don't pop into view, but smoothly blend out, if possible.

I have never seen those in Arma2 standard but we did get them in the Project Reality mod. When you used a satchel to blow up a placed Forward Outpost (type you pack and unpack from crate) you would get those strange effects with triangular polygons emanating from the location of the destroyed FOB. Not sure if they ever fixed it but might be worth asking an opinion over at their forum. Video here - looks like the same thing - don't think it is BIS related, something to do with the mods?

It happens in vanilla game also.

I got rid of it by updating to the 301.42 Nvidia drivers, others have done other things listed in the DayZ site.

I'm guessing it *might* have something to do with the new AA options, FXAA...etc and drivers that are fully supporting it?

So the gist of your post is that an Arma 2 patch "ruined" dayZ? As a mod dayz can have tweaked configs, much like ACE, Project Reality, and every full blown mod. In the end many addon makers have to change things now and then due to a patch, why should dayZ be any different, and why do you think that the core game should be changed just because it effected the mod you play, simple fix, ask Rocket to change/duplicate and tweak the weapon configs in the mod.

Edited by NodUnit

I see BIS removed the whole "objects appearing at 50% of viewdistance" bullshit.

Pretty sure they only extended object view distance for flying planes/helicopters.

It happens in vanilla game also.

I got rid of it by updating to the 301.42 Nvidia drivers, others have done other things listed in the DayZ site.

I'm guessing it *might* have something to do with the new AA options, FXAA...etc and drivers that are fully supporting it?

It's something in the Nvidia driver settings. Possibly Negative LOD bias (try setting to Clamp) or Trilinear optimization (try setting to off). If this doesn't work, try fiddling with others.

For me it shows up when I do a clean driver install (i.e. all settings revert to default). After fiddling, the problem goes away. I just haven't had enough patience to figure out which one causes it.

KaBoNG!

I love it, please keep it like this. It effectively fixed armored and air warfare.

Even better, make them spawn a bit behind the fog, so they don't pop into view, but smoothly blend out, if possible.

Someone test this please. I think they did this for fixed wing only

It's something in the Nvidia driver settings. Possibly Negative LOD bias (try setting to Clamp) or Trilinear optimization (try setting to off). If this doesn't work, try fiddling with others.

For me it shows up when I do a clean driver install (i.e. all settings revert to default). After fiddling, the problem goes away. I just haven't had enough patience to figure out which one causes it.

KaBoNG!

I had those settings on the previous driver when I was getting it and 301.42 doesn't have the problem at all. The problem now is Nvidia STILL hasn't fixed the BSOD on Youtube videos with the 560's using some of the last few drivers.

jb: we are WAY off topic for this thread, but one last thing i will say about the youtube issue is ensure you have the lastest version of flash player installed. I am running a 560 ti with the 301.42 drivers and have no BSODs on youtube.

I had those settings on the previous driver when I was getting it and 301.42 doesn't have the problem at all. The problem now is Nvidia STILL hasn't fixed the BSOD on Youtube videos with the 560's using some of the last few drivers.

I don't think that the problem is the Nvidia drivers, but a bug of some mod or of the patch 1.62, because some user noticed graphic artifacts also in ArmAII vanilla.

At the moment I can say that the suggested workaround of setting the video memory at Default value into the video options of ArmAII worked fine for me. Yesterday night I played DayZ for one hour or so scavenging Chernogorsk without any graphic problem...but a phone call killed me! :) Lucky who'll find my alter ego corpse stuffed with lots of luscious items!

I hope to help someone with this info...the one of the video settings, not the one of my premature e-death! :)

...BSOD on Youtube videos with the 560's using some of the last few drivers.

Right click on flash player (any video), go to settings and uncheck "hardware acceleration" somewhere in there. Fixed it for me (285 gtx). Seems like flash player + graphics card acceleration don't couple well (at least on some cards).

no changes I tested a-10 and t72 tank not visible for 2224m with 4400vd.I think they do worst - now object appear only if you do zoom in.To be honest I'm not understand such feature at all.If you or someone else friendly not see target you can not hit it unless it is radar and you got anti radar rockets or similar situation.

Edited by kotov12345

I've seen no difference in regards to this issue. It does take away from the game for sure.

Cheers:D

when is the 1.62 server update coming out. Alot of us have updated but cannot play multiplayer now.

Why do people keep registering accounts just to ask about linux? They will announce when it's available.

And in the mean time, there's a script here to install a headless version of WINE on a Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS dedicated server to run the Windows application.

G36 scopes are off in 1.63, seem to be set somewhere between 200 & 250m. At 300m the bullet hits not at where the centre of the top cross was aimed, but approximately ay the bottom of the vertical bar. Tested repeatedly in Kronsky's moveable target range. IIRC this was an old bug that got fixed in 1.59/1.10 or so.

Another oddity: use an M8 TWS with thermal imaging on, then change to any non-TWS G8. They also thermal image....