Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Combat Medical System

This System you're developing will add nicely to the group i play with. play with ace, ACRE, and a number of other mods about 30 or so guys well organized and we've talked about how much more intense it would be to have a revamped medical system. i cant wait for this. it will be nice to not have to give a guy 8 morphines, 4 bandages and then a first aid kit for a short fall and what should be broken legs. i'm digging the videos guys keep up the nice work.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

This System you're developing will add nicely to the group i play with. play with ace, ACRE, and a number of other mods with about 30 or so guys well organized and we've talked about how much more intense it would be to have a revamped medical system. i cant wait for this. it will be nice to not have to give a guy 8 morphines, 4 bandages and then a first aid kit for a short fall and what should be broken legs. i'm digging the videos guys keep up the great work.

After testing the latest. I have to say FUCKING AWESOME. :yay: Can't say much more.

This may be a tease post but it really is fucking awesome!

Are you guys looking for beta testers?

Are you guys looking for beta testers?

Not at the moment.

We are hoping to release some kind of progress update soon. Whatever this is next month or next week, I cannot say. What I can say however, is that progress has gone very well indeed and I'm rather pleased with what we have currently, though it's far from finished still.

That was a more controlled reply compared to FUCKING AWESOME!!! :D

Copy, keep up the f. awesome work and best wishes :cool:

Combat Medical System - Progress Update video 2

Everything you see in this video is still work in progress. Nothing is finished or at its final state.

The red numbers behind bandage, for example, is the amount of items you have, that are needed to perform that specific action. You can see it change after bandaging, for example.

The animation for treatment as you see in the beginning of the video will only show up if the person you examine is unconscious or.. not really responding anymore. Otherwish, the animation as seen in the last part of the video shows up.

A small overview of what has been done since the last progress update video:

- Improved wound assignment

- Implemented Blood Pressure and Blood circulation

- Unconscious state

- Bandaging, drugs management, direct pressure

- Blood + Plasma IV for in vehicles, Saline IV for in the field

- Dragging, carrying

- Created a bunch of items

- Audio

We are currently working on implementing additional treatment options, effects and a few other features. I hope we are able to show you more of this soon!

Good vid. Looks really promising. Sort of resembles America's Army 3 medical system, except better.

Any SP mission where this can be tried out (with tutorial maybe)?

We don't have any public betas out as of yet. We are still developing the entire system at the moment. We are looking to do another progress video soon to show you the outstanding progress that Glowbal has been working on.

As for tutorials, we will be creating both a .pdf document as well as some tutorial videos to go along with it.

We have always wanted to bring more realism into the game....whilst still keeping it just that....a GAME!! But, at the same time, we will make different levels for people that want varying degrees of difficulty (or easiness), depending on your style of gameplay.

When a player gets wounded, and possibly incapacitated, we are strongly working on making it to where the player can respawn, while the "human" medic still does medical treatment to an AI that will take the former player's body (still a WIP).

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I'm working on a whole Medical Guide just for this modification. So a tutorial may be in written form. Not sure about visual, maybe someone will make a video series. I liked the way Project Reality did so to speak of which.

I'm absolutely looking forward for this! Fantastic work! :)

BTW, can the treatment (like giving IV) affect to one or multiple vital functions?

Could you explain the question?

This is a no doubt nice addon to use along ACE. Since it's still WIP, perhaps you could add a visual OSD where body parts are displayed and can be clicked for more options? Would be cool.

About the guide, neat! I was wondering how would one learn all those options in the mod, but now it's clear :D

...BTW, can the treatment (like giving IV) affect to one or multiple vital functions?

It will affect multiple functions.

This is a no doubt nice addon to use along ACE. Since it's still WIP, perhaps you could add a visual OSD where body parts are displayed and can be clicked for more options? Would be cool.

Haha. After months of brainstorming now we've pretty much ticked off every idea in the book. Everything would be cool but we have to work out how it fits not only in ARMA but the modification.

It will affect multiple functions.

Ok, thanks for answer. To be honest, I would have been surprised if the treatment didn't affect multiple vital functions. :)

Edited by Ezcoo
baaad english

Glowbal stated yesterday, that one function, is the fact that the IV will drain eventually. So, just initiating an IV doesn't mean that it will run forever.

We are also working on more features and suprises as we speak, but I'm going to post this request again....any texture artists out there, or addon makers, we could really use some help.

Thanks

Combat Medical System

Progress Update - 12/01/2013

It's been a while since we last released a progress update. A lot has happened since and to be honest, it might be to much to all put into one progress update. Therefore, we will only cover a small part in this and talk about this in a bit more detail.

Displaying of Wounds

It's important to know which wounds someone has, in order to treatment correctly. In most occasions, the wounds will be clearly visable to the eye and you will be able to see those straight away.

cmsprogressupdate_img1.png

While you are in the examine dialog, you will always see the most up to date wounds of the person you examine. Though, these are only the visual representation. If there is something else wrong with a person, the medic needs to check for signs of this specificly. This will be covered in a future update.

Treatment

Since there are so many treatment options, some doing rougly the same, others having very different effects, we sorted them by catagory. This means that if you press the option Bandage, a pop-up will appear with all possible bandage options.

cms_progressUpdateImage.jpg

On the right, the red numbers are displaying how many items you currently have, that you can use for that specific action. If you have 0 on your person, the red number will display 0, with four, 4, etc.

Playability

While our goal is to make a mod that is realistic and correct with regards to the medical aspects, we also do not forget about the player, usability and gameplay. For myself personally, those are the same, if not higher, priority as the former.

Keeping all these things in mind, we are constantly asking ourselfs if someone can be done differently, easier, or more streamlined. The feedback we are getting from our small group of testers has proven invaluable in this regards.

Overall Progress

In the past month, we have made very fast progress. We went from something that was just a concept, to something playable and functioning. Because of this, we are hoping to be able to show you some more in the near future. We are not yet at alpha stage, but if all goes well, we will be soon.

If you are interested in keeping an eye on our progress, you can find our roadmap here.

Arma2OA2013-01-1200-41-35-15_zps3a298665.jpg

Epic epicness. Didn't I say f'ing awesome? :p

Neat. So, wounds are being recognized by medics as hitpoints/hitboxes rather than general scroll down or action menu thing?

At least from that screenshot it looks like it. I wonder what this community will pull off when ArmA 3 kicks out with physics:confused:

pff ACE wounding system can go hide its self now xD this looks awesome! I would of prefer having this than ACE one... Not sure if answered already or not but would it have problems using this and ACE?

pff ACE wounding system can go hide its self now xD this looks awesome! I would of prefer having this than ACE one... Not sure if answered already or not but would it have problems using this and ACE?

As of right now, we are developing all new medical items and equipment. We have discussed how to get different functions to coincide with ACE, but at the moment, without any discussion from their side, we are continuing development on our own, with our own scripts.

The way it stands now, it MAY be set to where the ACE_Wounds module needs to be disabled to be used. This is because of the different wounds and hemodynamics at play in our scripts as opposed to theirs...or the lack thereof.

As of right now, we are developing all new medical items and equipment. We have discussed how to get different functions to coincide with ACE, but at the moment, without any discussion from their side, we are continuing development on our own, with our own scripts.

The way it stands now, it MAY be set to where the ACE_Wounds module needs to be disabled to be used. This is because of the different wounds and hemodynamics at play in our scripts as opposed to theirs...or the lack thereof.

ACE wounds is not compatible with this. It needs to be disabled. Everything else from ACE works just fine.

Look most of us here are ACE players so we're not trying to diss anyone. ACE_wounds is complex and I couldn't imagine this mod working with that mod unless you disable ACE_wounds as GBL says. I wouldn't promote our mod over someone elses because ours "is better". They are running a general mod, they're looking into all kinds of stuff we're not due to the fact we're a specific mod. We don't have to worry about backblast, windage, artillery plus trying to put together a wounding system. There's no comparison. In terms of medical mods, there's competition elsewhere too, no fuss!

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Neat. So, wounds are being recognized by medics as hitpoints/hitboxes rather than general scroll down or action menu thing?

To a degree.

To a degree.

I thought this was impossible because of the engine limitations, it's good to hear there's such feature even if limited :)

I also believed that location-based damage impossible to simulate due to engine limitations.

Provided this isn't too resource intensive this risk being the best thing since, ASR AI, the LoS and suppression scripts.

I can't wait to test this.