Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Combat Medical System

@Raptor 6 Actual: i had sent you a PM regarding your inquiry for a scripter, my offer still stands :)

I don't know that I received it. It's been a while. Did I respond to you?

I'm still interested in working on the scripting though, so I'll be in contact here in a day or so.

Sounds very similar to my thoughts. The difference in my idea is that IF the player didn't want to sit there for that long, he could "respawn" and the scripts would still allow a medic to treat what would then become an AI controlled body.

Some of my thoughts on it as well, was to make missions based on a "hearts and minds" type of gameplay that set the civilian population as either "for" or "against" the BLUFOR. If BLUFOR killed civiilans, they would start aligning themselves with OPFOR. But...if BLUFOR could go and treat them, it would bring the civilian population back towards neutral or in favor of the good guys. This serves two purposes...1) it allows teams to utilize the medical side of the simulation, and 2) it gives a whole new perspective going along with Glowbal's Interaction scripts.

Just my thoughts

If there is any help you need, with anything, you know where to find me. Every so often I get some spare moments which I'd like to start on some new project for scripting or finishing some old ones. I could help you with implementing something for threating civi's which results in civi's being more happy in AIM, if you want.

Thanks Rye, Derdoe, and Glowbal. I do believe we'll be sending you some PM's soon. Let me re-organize since I haven't been working on it in a while.

From what I understand, ACE has implemented some of the ideas I was wanting into their mod, but I still think they have no clue in some areas of Tactical Combat Casualty Care. Don't get me wrong, it is a good start but just not quite there.

The implementation of thirst and hunger certainly would go hand in hand with blood loss or other medical problems. Blood loss could make people lethargic (drowsy for lack of a better word) or needs an IV for fluid replacement. Even a patient that becomes dehydrated in that mod could require medical treatment if going too long with out replenishing his supply.

Rye has a great point about keeping the "medic" player involved on a more in-depth level. People don't want to just go through the motions of providing treatment because that's what the manual said to do, but maybe we can find a happy medium where they have to do some monitoring to make sure that the treatments they provided are actually working for the good of the soldier and not against them.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

If you continue your work on this mod try to focus on getting the transport of dead and incapacitated in vehicles to work properly!

As far as I know, no mod could accomplish this...

This would be the most significant change! If you are expected to bring all soldiers home, teamwork would be essential!

The other features you mention would be nice to have but would not have the same impact on game-flow as the evacuation process.

Battlefield trauma treatment is mostly (90%) about reducing external bleeding and getting the patient to the operation table ASAP.

A patient model where treatment can slow down the deterioration of a patient would be great.

As for the re spawn, I prefer group re-spawn: if you are seriously injured you switch to an AI character in your group and can participate in the treatment/ evacuation of your former ego. Nobody ever gets miracle healed (not even at the base) most players would not want to be inactive during the whole evacuation or healing process anyway...

Nice to see someone working with this stuff!!!!

Hope you make it for A2 because i like the setting!

For A3 this would be nice too.

Has never been implemented in any game as far as I know....

Yeah, I think the main factor here is keeping the injured player active....no matter what capacity that is. They can respawn or ride out the treatment process if they wish.

I will get the guys to see what they can do about loading dead bodies into the vehicles. It never made since to not be able to load them.

Yeah, I think the main factor here is keeping the injured player active....no matter what capacity that is. They can respawn or ride out the treatment process if they wish.

I will get the guys to see what they can do about loading dead bodies into the vehicles. It never made since to not be able to load them.

Well unfortunately i dont think that an unconscious player can do anything to get himself up again. For a wounded player we could add something like "Suppress bleeding" option that has to be redone every few seconds and which will slow down the bleeding but not fully stop it.

"Apply direct pressure" or "bandage wound".

"Apply direct pressure" or "bandage wound".

Well "suppress" was the wrong verb, maybe we can agree on "Apply pressure on wound"? :)

Well "suppress" was the wrong verb, maybe we can agree on "Apply pressure on wound"? :)

:yay: Of course.

Does loading of unconscious people in vehicles work for you reliably?

In most of the mods I played the soldiers often ended outside the vehicle and got stuck...

Does loading of unconscious people in vehicles work for you reliably?

In most of the mods I played the soldiers often ended outside the vehicle and got stuck...

Looking into it. :) No promises.

I always hated ace's bleeding system since it didnt show any blood spurting out or anything to tell if someones bleeding.

In real life, if blood is "spurting" out, the oh-shit factor just keeps increasing in severity. We aren't going to implement a DayZ looking fountain of blood gushing out. We can have a blood trail or a blood spot if necessary where the wounded soldier was placed. However, you will need to check vitals on a routine basis and other things to see if the patient is bleeding out too much.

--------------Update-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to mention that I'd like to thank and welcome a great team to the CMS mod. Rye, Glowbal, DocSnarle, and Derdoe have all been gracious enough to start working on this mod.

There are a lot of ideas that we are brainstorming right now and will start looking at what can be implemented as compared to what needs to be excluded due to engine limits or game playability.

As I mentioned to Rye, this will definitely keep the medics busy instead of just being an ambulance driver.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

I always hated ace's bleeding system since it didnt show any blood spurting out or anything to tell if someones bleeding.

As Raptor stated, there may be a workaround but feature requests can go to our dev-hev space.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cms

:yay:

In real life, if blood is "spurting" out, the oh-shit factor just keeps increasing in severity.

i think no blood fountain is not that great maybe somthing like this

-damage textures at location of injury not in random places like with vanilla and ace

-small blood squirts from arterial bleeding

I also think that the system should include the following to make life more interseting for the medic

-internal bleeding

-amputation of limbs

-broken bones

-injury to eyes and ears

-blood types

-blood plasma (at camp bastion field hospital i beleve blood plasma and blood are given in a 1 to 1 ratio this has greatly decreased the amount of deaths by fatal bloodloss)

-limbs dyng off if a cat is applyed for over 1 hr without loosing or if the cat is removed after 1 hr 30 mikes the result is blood poisoning so if a cat is on to long you have to amputate at hospital

-make cpr possible aldo it is not commmonly used in tactical casualty care its the medics choice at the end

-defibrilator in vehicles and hospital

tactical casualty care under fier

- please do not put in the event handler you talked about to prevent medics from functioning under fier i can alredy see that being buggy as hell and at the end of the day its the medics choice where to stabalize a casualty

- furthermore cpr should do what its desighned to do

equipment

i personaly use the stomp 2 by blackhawk it is probably the best first responder/medic bag i have ever used

- a medical bag that you can place on thew ground next to the casualty when you start working on them and then as your working grab what you need from it until you get your bag out or you are in a medical vehicle ie casevac helo/ambulanse you use the kit the solider has on him in his blow out pouch

-SAM splints for broken bones no more bandages to fix broken legs from a jump

-finger puls oxymeters i use one they are great its a thing you clip on the finger and it shows you puls and oxygen level in the body. its the size of a matchbox

-these http://www.combatmedicalsystems.com/MOJO-TCCC-CARD-p/44-105.htm

- one of these for every solider http://www.combatmedicalsystems.com/MOJO-132-Individual-Field-Medical-Kit-p/81-132-01.htm

casevac

-ability to treat units in vehicles with more advanced wais and on the move

-the heart reat monitor

-proper use of stretchers and way of transport afecting casualty life

-enemy ai should have a designated ambulance or so to bring their wounded to a makshift clinic or civilian hospital or if they are a more advanced army to their field hospital so every side has a field hospital a makshift clinic or no medical support at all and ai will bring their injured back to it maybe via helicopter and ambulance so you can potentialy call for a casevac as well to extract your units to make this system usefull for small scale coop missions so you dont need a huge crew just to operate the medical side

final care at a field hospital

-a functioning field hospital with operating theatre with 2 options

1 place the casualty on the tabel and a group of ai around the table will start to work on him and get him up again for those peopl whom are short staffed.

2 place the casualty on the tablke and work on him yourself risking a screwup and therefore deth of the patient

respawn

-if a solider gets injured he has 2 options

1 he respawns and leavs a injured AI behind ther medic can deal with and the team loses one life if they are limited

2 he waits and dyes one life is gon

3 he waits gets saved and treated at field hospital if he had amputations he will get his limbs back but no life is lost from the count (posibly in a hardcor version you may have to spend the rest of the mission in a bed at MASH with no legs)

please excuse my english you may be able to tell from my name that english isnt my 1st language please bear with me

I hope some of this will be usefull keep up the good work this mod will bridge the gasping medical gap in arma 2 and give the medic somthing to do rather than carry medical suplyes around like a little bitch

here is a website that may belp with the making of kit

http://www.combatmedicalsystems.com/

Edited by short_German

I'm really really really looking forward this mod! I served as medic in (obligatory) army, and have been missing a realistic medical mod like this since that. Great job guys, keep on going! :)

tactical casualty care under fier

- please do not put in the event handler you talked about to prevent medics from functioning under fier i can alredy see that being buggy as hell and at the end of the day its the medics choice where to stabalize a casualty

This. In my opinion, player should always have the freedom to decide whether he tries to reach the patient or not, because situations vary and any artificial restrictions to that would just cause bugs and problems. And what if the medic stays in the cover but tells the other players to evac the wounded player to the cover (like it would, and should happen in many situations)? Can't he treat the patient still if he's in cover with patient but still under fire?

Yeah, Care under fire will be a personal decision that will have to be made on your own. I see that trying to code such an event will take us too far off course of where we want this to go.

Short German, you'll be glad to know that many of your requests are already on our idea list. Our initial core scripting SHOULD allow for most of what is mentioned, but it will be more testing the waters of not only our and ARMA's capabilities but whether it's playable and fluid enough for all intents purposes. It'll sure be a mixture between testing the waters and finding out what is applicable for ARMA.

Short German, you'll be glad to know that many of your requests are already on our idea list. Our initial core scripting SHOULD allow for most of what is mentioned, but it will be more testing the waters of not only our and ARMA's capabilities but whether it's playable and fluid enough for all intents purposes. It'll sure be a mixture between testing the waters and finding out what is applicable for ARMA.

if you need somebody to help with testing im up for it i regularily play coop missions with JeffersPang we could test the system in the field to see how it performs if you want some more testers.

Combat Medical System - Progress Update video 1

Everything you see in this video is either unfinished or a placeholder. Also damage values might need adjusting.

The current terms for injuries might be incorrect or listed under the wrong Category. They are currently only listed for debug purpose. Any errors/mistakes will be corrected later on.

We do plan on changing the look of the interface, as well as what buttons to put on there. Currently it's only there for debug reasons (in fact, the only buttons that work are the return and examine bodypart).

- Detects what has caused the injury (bullet, explosion, a crash, etc)

- Assigns wounds based on the cause of injury (crashes causes broken bones, no gunshot wounds, for example)

- You can lose blood by getting injured and if you lose to much you will die

- Fully MP compatible (has been tested)

Edited by Glowbal

Wow I'm really looking forward to this because we have a guy in our clan who loves playing the medic but often complains about how he has so little to do.

Moreover the clan aren't really into TC like ACE.

Can't wait!

Combat Medical System - Progress Update video 1

We do plan on changing the look of the interface, as well as what buttons to put on there. Currently it's only there for debug reasons (in fact, the only buttons that work are the return and exa..............and if you lose to much you will die

- Fully MP compatible (has been tested)

:eek: I refuse to download any addon where AI were harmed in the process of making! What kind of sickening snuff film is this?

I all seriousness I am really looking forward to a comprehensive medical addon :) GJ guys on the work so far!

this looks great will each action requier some type of medical item and will there be animations for assesing the casualty ??

i also think later on somthing like a chest wound or broken leg shuld put the person on the ground and headshots should not necesarily kill. or is that all already part of the plan ??

this looks great will each action requier some type of medical item and will there be animations for assesing the casualty ??

i also think later on somthing like a chest wound or broken leg shuld put the person on the ground and headshots should not necesarily kill. or is that all already part of the plan ??

That is already on our list of things to look into.

I refuse to download any addon where AI were harmed in the process of making! What kind of sickening snuff film is this?

Only humans. Especially humans shoving NPAs down their own noses. Lube it up. :yay:

Short it has to be playable and testing will conclude what does what. For example chest shots are very common and if it puts someone down constantly it may leave room for some amount of unplayability. Realistically it could go both ways, it's just one of those philosophies - you're either on one side, the other or in the middle. We're in the middle, trying to be as grey as possible. That all comes into either a concept to scripting to reality or a realization that it just won't work later on in the project.