Sign in to follow this  
raptor 6 actual

Combat Medical System

Everything shown in this video is work in progress. Edited by Glowbal

Looks excellent. Can't wait to use this with MH-47.

Would it be possible to show the effects or see the medical appliances themselves? For example, bandages on the leg in the video, a tourniquet on a man's thigh, a splint on a man's arm, and holding an IV?

Looks excellent. Can't wait to use this with MH-47.

Would it be possible to show the effects or see the medical appliances themselves? For example, bandages on the leg in the video, a tourniquet on a man's thigh, a splint on a man's arm, and holding an IV?

I talked to Konyo about implementing a stretcher variant of the MH-47E or maybe just a specialized CH-47 MEDEVAC version (not sure of the correct model designation), but I believe he said we could just "attachTo" the stretchers into the cargo section. Now, I'm not sure if everyone will be able to see this on a MP setting, but I think there will be problems of the Pilot being able to see them. Of course, the Chinook pilot in RL doesn't have a great perspective into the cargo area anyways, so it might be a feasable workaround.

I am currently looking into how to apply hiddenSelections onto models to represent the bandage,splint, or tourniquet idea. That way, when visually looking at the soldier ingame, you know right away whether the patient has those items and it should represent the correct region.

There are obvious treatments that won't be visible due to the fact that there are no models with the chest or abdomen region being exposed.

Thanks for the question

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

Gulp.. wow..:)

Haha lol'ed at this reaction.

As an ex Combat Medical Technician (British Army), that is pretty accurate!

Pretty accurate for the Norwegian armed forces too, especially in Afg :P

Great looking video guys! Really looking forward to playing around with this :)

2 quick questions though. If you are wounded in the leg or arm, will you be able to apply a tourniquet on yourself?

I see in the video that the patient still has a leg-wound after treatment in the helo, which I reckon is the way it should be. Do you have to evacuate the patient to a higher level of treatment and care (like aRole2/Field hospital) to heal that completely?

Would be great to have different levels of treatment and care. The regular grunt being able to apply a tourniquet and maybe a rudimentary exam of A-B-C/M-A-R-C-H and apply a field dressing, whilst the higher up you go in the chain (medic - casevac/medevac - Role2/Field hospital), the more advanced exam and treatment gets. Might be an idea to make different modules you can add in the mission-editor...

Edited by Lt_Phoenix
Spelling

Pretty accurate for the Norwegian armed forces too, especially in Afg :P

Great looking video guys! Really looking forward to playing around with this :)

2 quick questions though. If you are wounded in the leg or arm, will you be able to apply a tourniquet on yourself?

I see in the video that the patient still has a leg-wound after treatment in the helo, which I reckon is the way it should be. Do you have to evacuate the patient to a higher level of treatment and care (like aRole2/Field hospital) to heal that completely?

Would be great to have different levels of treatment and care. The regular grunt being able to apply a tourniquet and maybe a rudimentary exam of A-B-C/M-A-R-C-H and apply a field dressing, whilst the higher up you go in the chain (medic - casevac/medevac - Role2/Field hospital), the more advanced exam and treatment gets. Might be an idea to make different modules you can add in the mission-editor...

There are three different levels of treatment. The basic one is in the field. The second level is in the casevac vehicles, and the final stage is the actual medical tent. Depending on the injury someone sustained, either only one, up to level 2, or all three are necessary. Walking around with a wound that is not fully treated, will have consequenses.

[ ]

Everything shown in this video is work in progress.

There are three different levels of treatment. The basic one is in the field. The second level is in the casevac vehicles, and the final stage is the actual medical tent. Depending on the injury someone sustained, either only one, up to level 2, or all three are necessary. Walking around with a wound that is not fully treated, will have consequenses.

:dancered: :clap:

You're making an addon that I've been looking for desperately. Just wanted to say: thank you guys!

A-B-C/M-A-R-C-H

All the primary and secondary survey assessments are coming in the guide.

Hello first woow i love the progress you done on it ! second thing , do you use the ace medical stuff ? third thing the inboard threatment , i suggest you to use the yurapetrov BH he make a great medical chopper with lot of stretcher so it would be perfect for your next video ;)

nice the thing is ace add the feature to have some used medical stuff on the ground after threatement and i like the idea

A

nice the thing is ace add the feature to have some used medical stuff on the ground after threatement and i like the idea

And we're planning on doing the same :)

nice ;) i have a lot of idea but i don't want to disturb you on your work so i'm gonna wait the release ;)

nice ;) i have a lot of idea but i don't want to disturb you on your work so i'm gonna wait the release ;)

We have put a lot of time into just planning out what we want in the CMS mod. We appreciate any ideas the community may have, but please do not feel offended if they are not all implemented when released.

The team consists of experienced scripters and medical professionals that have tried to find a delicate balance between realism and game playability/enjoyability. We hope the community will enjoy the new possible mission roles it may bring when we get to a more stable version for release.

Cheers

that's totaly normal and i understand that , my idea's are more for some big coop with some medevac team and stuff , is it possible to add a sort of features to "stabilize" the wounded guy until the medic come ?

that's totaly normal and i understand that , my idea's are more for some big coop with some medevac team and stuff , is it possible to add a sort of features to "stabilize" the wounded guy until the medic come ?

Hello,

Stabilizing as an action itself will not be part of CMS. Instead, you have to figure out what a patient needs to stabilize him/her. For example, giving someone a Saline IV to counter the bloodloss.

yeah i mean in a realistic way , like i saw lot of video where they stabilize the guy on the field with bandages , and IV to wait the medical unit who have a better equipement and a medical facility where they can make surgery , in a different way because creating surgery system in arma is impossible and anoying (in my opinion) but if you have a heavy wounded guy it can be cool to stabilize him and after make him back to a medical facility where you can heal him to avoid respawn and other unrealistic revive (i know my idea is really crazy but that's just an idea ;)

Why not have sternal rubs, Raptor ;)

Would be great if we had people to contribute the animation .rtm files for it, lol. But, you could always use amonia I suppose. But, as it stands at the moment, it's a simple matter of hitting a button, and awaiting a response. From that point, you can continue to evaulate the patient's other vital signs.

Now that you mention it, I have a few friends from my neighborhood that do some modeling and animations. It's possible I could ask them to make animations for each action and/or make models for bandages/splints/tourniquets etc...

Will you also have pneumothorax decompression needles? Looking forward to sticking a needle in the chest of every casualty turning blue...

Edited by fraczek

Will you also have pneumothorax decompression needles? Looking forward to sticking a needle in the chest of every casualty turning blue...

This is a planned feature and current work in progress and has been on our list from the start. Advanced medical treatment options such as an emergency airway puncture (Cricothyrotomy), the use of an OPA or NPA and needle decompression have been a heavy focus for the airway management feature. Of course there will be no visual "blue" (cyanosis) effect but there will be a text dialog to allow you to come to the equation of "It's this condition" - For example, "The patient has blue lips and ear lobes, absent lung sounds" and so on for a short term sign. Long term may include "Tracheal deviation" for a starting point. This is also why the secondary and onward assessments are important - you have a changing patient, changing or missed conditions which gradually take more of a negative affect on the injured player.

Now don't get too excited, I believe our Alpha will either not have this or a lighter version of it. But it's on our to-do list, we've got a plan and our team, especially scripters, can't be trodden down with requests. But if you do want to put an official request up, feel free to use our dev-hev space.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Now that you mention it, I have a few friends from my neighborhood that do some modeling and animations. It's possible I could ask them to make animations for each action and/or make models for bandages/splints/tourniquets etc...

Go for it! Animators and modelers are a big value to any team. We're always looking to expand in that sense.

All this talk of words I can't even pronounce..

All I got to say is keep up the good work :)