Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You could always drop your stuff and run!! Then you could jump

<span id='postcolor'>

Never retreat! Never surrender! Oh wait... you aren't French are you? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 17 2003,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bullz_eye_on_my_back @ Mar. 16 2003,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ohh....and the ability to jump too!<span id='postcolor'>

Have you ever seen a real life soldier jump while fully loaded down with weapons and ammo and pack and misc other crap they're loaded up with?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes actually I have.

Training for the PPCLI(Princess Patricias Canadian Light Infantry) (not me, my buddy, I'm a year out from that yet) you are trained to think outside of the box, so if you are in full gear and need to jump, you JUMP.

In reply to topic -

I'd like to see a stronger AI presence in light vehicles for seeing enemies, aiming and firing. I dunno if it has been mentioned yet but the AI and seeing enemies in light vehicles is a little inconsistant for my tastes.

I'd also like to see indirect fire handled better, with forward observers etc. Apparently this is a feature in VBS1, hopefully it will make it to OFP2.

Its still only 1.90 so I guess there is always room to improve, so....

Bumpedy Bump Bump Bump crazy.gif

-Ability to swim wow.gif

-Realistic Parachutes  wink.gif

-*Move around freely in cargo vehicles LST, 5t trucks, chinook, etc. biggrin.gif*

-*passengers shoot out of open vehicles*

-fix raining indoors bug

-turn on and off lights in houses

-children civilians? would be hilarious to run over some kids with an abrams

-working elevators in the nagova buildings

I'll think of more later.

EDIT:

-Oh yes, the ability to have subfolders inside your MPMissions folder would be great for organizing maps biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Melkor @ Mar. 17 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-children civilians? would be hilarious to run over some kids with an abrams<span id='postcolor'>

That's why you won't find children.

Morrowind took them out for the same reason, serious weirdo doing serious weirdo things.

Not calling you a weirdo though.

- I'd like to see more factions.

Kids could be nice for HRT missions. Say terrorists hijack a school bus or attack a school.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanVagabond @ Mar. 17 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Melkor @ Mar. 17 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-children civilians? would be hilarious to run over some kids with an abrams<span id='postcolor'>

Morrowind took them out for the same reason, serious weirdo doing serious weirdo things.

Not calling you a weirdo though.

- I'd like to see more factions.<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO!!! Don't get me wrong. Not that I wouldn't like to see

that enhancement myself...

However, might I suggest something a little more "PC" or

sociably responsible.

How about augmenting the death cry of a soldier that gets

run over by a vehicle. This would be used primarily in MP

games.

My wish list:

1) Larger buildings

2) Varied explosions on different vehicle types

3) Easier scripting?

4) A mission where you can shoot Gareth Gates ( biggrin.gif )

5) The same control system which we have all gotten used to

6) Remove the AI's innate ability to walk through walls! crazy.gif

7) People who blow apart when hit by an explosion (can be turned off to protect young children)

8) Vehicles/buildings that actually explode. They should have chunks blown off them and stuff

9) AI leaders who don't run for 10m, drop, crawl for another 20m, get up, look through their binoculars for no apparent reason, then repeat the procedure.

10) Anything else good I missed

Just don't make it too good that only 5Ghz computers with Voodoo 10 graphics cards can run them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ Mar. 17 2003,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5) The same control system which we have all gotten used to<span id='postcolor'>

Yes! For gods sake keep that, this is one of the things im scared they will take away. It feels like your actually moving like a human and not just sliding over the ground like in so many other games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanVagabond @ Mar. 17 2003,04:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Melkor @ Mar. 17 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-children civilians? would be hilarious to run over some kids with an abrams<span id='postcolor'>

Not calling you a weirdo though.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm calling him one tho tounge.gifconfused.gif

I'd really like to see the option where no indivdual unit/addon is assigned to any particular side (other than to Objects for static objects, I suppose) so that the mission-maker can assign any unit/group to any side - whether it be West, East or Resistance. Another option would allow the user to select alliances between any of the sides.

This would allow players to have all sorts of interesting scenarios - Russian troops & US/Euro forces cooperating against guerillas etc. etc.

Other things I'd like to see include:

- more soldier animations (ie. walking on patrol, hand signals, peeking around corners)

- more weapon animations (ie. removing magazines, bullet casings from mounted MGs, cocking handles)

Not sure if these have been mentioned before, and I don't particularly feel like wading through 26 pages of suggestions smile.gif Besides, if someone's brought this up before, it shows that more than one person has arrived at this fantabulous idea on their own...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- more weapon animations (ie. removing magazines, bullet casings from mounted MGs, cocking handles)

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I'd like that, too, instead of seeing their hand floating around the magazine for a few seconds then returning back to aiming. Looks like kinda weird, but it's one of those OFP things we have learned to let slip, but still...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ Mar. 18 2003,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- more weapon animations (ie. removing magazines, bullet casings from mounted MGs, cocking handles)

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I'd like that, too, instead of seeing their hand floating around the magazine for a few seconds then returning back to aiming. Looks like kinda weird, but it's one of those OFP things we have learned to let slip, but still...<span id='postcolor'>

There seems to be an inversely-proportional relationship in games engines like OFP & DF between the degree of terrain openness and weapon interactivity - the more vast and realistic the terrain, the less impressive the hand-held weapons are. Hopefully OFP2 will have overcome these sorta problems - if it does, it would be without a doubt miles ahead of anything we've ever seen (except for OFP i suppose smile.gif )

Good grief, i've gone and got myself all flustered! wow.gif

Yeah, I would like to see a proper camera editro for Outros/Intros. And also had this cool visulation. At the end of a mission.. A big Napalm bomb comes down and Blows everyone up...

Ps A Member of MMGN forums, says : He would like to see Craters and Damaged Roads.

Also im not to keen on the flufy pink bunny thing, but suppose its okay. maybe a better bird than a seagull? Like a vulture that can eat dead enemies or own team mates if u prefer, Seagulls are boring me now. Thats how many times i die.

All The Best Rob Shaw

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Mar. 17 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Yes, a new bird! But one that could interact with the players, pecking them, or shitting on them (with limited ammunition). The bird should also be able to sit on objects, and not be able to fly through them. Players should also be able to kill the birds (and birds will respawn infinately).

Oh, and I'M NOT A WIERDO

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Keeping with the bird thing:

I'd like to see non #D birds fly from trees if large groups of soldiers or even small groups move too fast, or say combat takes place. Have non 3d birds fly away.

Maybe wildlife too? non 3d I mean, save the frame rates.

2d animals would look pretty ugly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 18 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2d animals would look pretty ugly.<span id='postcolor'>

You going to complain about a 2d bird flying over head while someone is trying to kill you?

Serriously, it'll be better than a sterile land.

To be honest I didn't read all the suggestions so far, so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I'd like to see an integrated level maker...sort of Visitor integrated into the game the same way the MissionEditor is.

The other thing is that the terrain is based in hexagons, whilst the textures going on them are squares. This leads to this sort of thing:

Terrain:

\

\

\

\

\

\

\

Texture on top of it:

_

|

_

|

_

|

You get the idea anyway. Wouldn't it make a bit more sense to have hexagonal textures?

Joining a game in progress as a bird would be great. Wouldn't be as bad waiting for next game to start. biggrin.gif

dildosig.jpg

I fucking love this. Can you tell me please how to get pictures into yer signature.

Yeh all shout noob and get it over with!

BIS needs to focus on making the OFP franchise the definitive tactical shooter for the next five to ten years. I think in order to accomplish what I'm about to tell you that the PC requirements will be very high, but hey, risks must be taken. You just want to make a very good product. Did Capcom think about people who are broke and can't afford a 200 dollar game when they made Steel Battalion? No. They went ahead and released an innovative new product and basically sent out the message that "Hey we know the product is pricey. However if you want to be able to play with this new controller we thought up you'll need the cash." In ofp I want to see an accurate flight model, alongside the accurate soldier movement, no matter the expense of memory. I want to see an editor with more options in the triggers and waypoints. I want to see a friendly interface thus removing the need to memorize codes and scripts(ie. Microsoft making Windows instead of forcing you to know DOS code. I want the player be able to open up the box and be able to script very complicated procedures. Thanks go out to the creators of the sp/mp addon pack.). I want to see players gradually slow down( at least one or two seconds) after sprinting rather than sprinting and coming to an immediate halt. I want to see the characters feel pain from running into a wall at high speed or at least get dazed. I want there to be a sound file for when a soldier collides into a wall or brushes up against a wall(Never before done in a game). You hear it when tanks do so why not soldiers? I want houses to have holes in them from tank rounds or some kind of crumbling so that they gradually break down rather than cave in(Geo Mod technology) and I don't care how much processor it requires because I'll buy that PC since this is an interest of mine. I want it to be possible to walk around inside a chinook WHILE ITS MOVING and other objects moving on moving objects. I want to see a ship that moves with the things on its deck not falling off. I want to hear new voices for the command menu. I want the player to be able to choose whether the body they use in the game is female or male ( to branch out to females who may want to play) along with female faces to better represent girl players. I want more accurate collision detection so that people don't run through walls, fall into objects, or fall through solid floors. It's not much but if the improvements that I suggested above could be made, the game would be more appealing to the tactical shooter enthusiasts out there who have been wishing for this kind of thing for years. The historical accuracy of the game is perfect as well as the bullet physics but not other physics like a heli moving with soldiers walking around inside. The physics were okay, but could use the work that ive outlined in this paragraph. The graphics have been taken care of already. Any more focus on graphics and I'll have to admit someone at BIS is really not being on task. I'd be like, "sheesh guys okay its good enough now leave the graphics alone. Look at what else you could improve to make this game the greatest for the next five to ten years."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Mar. 21 2003,12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did Capcom think about people who are broke and can't afford a 200 dollar game when they made Steel Soldiers?  No, they didn't.  They went ahead and released an innovative new product and basically sent out the message that "Hey we know the product is pricey.  However if you want to be able to play with this new controller we thought up you'll need the cash."<span id='postcolor'>

I think you mean Steel Battalion?

If so, the controller was the only thing good about the game.

The rest was bad....BAD gaming.

Thats right. Well, OFP is good gaming and I hope that BIS can add additional fixes and features to basically make the OFP franchise the best there is in tactical gaming for the next 5-10 years. You won't see me moving to Russia to help though.

Edit: West and East programmers should start talking. Basically, BIS programmers could learn alot from the programmers of Ghost Recon. A good topic of duscussion would be look at how all of the features of OFP aren't in Ghost Recon and vice versa. Just imagine if they both combined talents? If BIS wants to make a career out of this gaming business they're going to have to start making efforts at improving on good ideas rather than moving on to next ones so fast. Money makes a business expand not ideas.

Alot of people are saying how Americans are thick but we've latched onto this little European franchise and let ourselves imagine how it could be better and are offering our ideas. It's time BIS listens.

I don't know if this was mentioned in the 27 previous pages, but I'd like a more accessible editor as well. I and a friend have been making a module in Neverwinter Nights and it's been a lot of fun. Would like that same accessibility with OFP.