Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 06 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ability to blow holes in walls<span id='postcolor'>

although that would be nice, it's more intersting for close quarters, isn't it? but still, it would definately be cool....

Basically more of the same but with...

-Better Physics model, coupled with better clipping/CD.

-More detailed terrain: streams, ditches, hedges...

-Bridges (and generally more choke points etc.)

-Larger and more varied urban areas.

-Larger ammo loadout and less accurate fire.

-AI machine gunners who act like machine gunners.

-More varied radio traffic.

-A few different damage states for buildings

-Oh and any form of decent Artillery

I'm sure it wouldn't take much of an improvement in each area to really take the game to the next level.

Although I got slammed hard by all readers when I posted it, I would like for OFP to include the ability to use rope, axes and other tools as well as be able to jump. Rope mostly to climb on to ruins of buildings and such. Jump beacuse it'd be great to jump through a window to take cover or jum over sandbags, again to take cover. As of now, you have to run around it.

More suggestions.

Even though not commanded, be able to get into vehichles and let your CO rip you a new one telling you to get down from the vehicle.

Rope use to set traps. Set a rope to snag passer-by's with a tree or other heavy object. (Guerrila and amazon warfare)

More animals in the forest. I know this takes render power from your machine, but some forests are bound to have squirels and rabits and such. I know there are birds and they are a pain in the @#$! when I make a mission to respawn with nearest. Sometimes I respaw as a bird!

SWIM. Why can't I swim?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jo Man Dragon @ April 07 2003,13:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 06 2003,20wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The ability to blow holes in walls<span id='postcolor'>

although that would be nice, it's more intersting for close quarters, isn't it? but still, it would definately be cool....<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I also hope for bigger urban areas. Huge 'nature' landscape combined with large urban areas.

Many nice ideas in this thread, if just half of them gets into OFP2... I can't wait smile.gif

I play a game called Trainz. It's, obviously, a train simulator. Just for the record, I'm not a big fan of trains, but I like the fact that you can just drive around and admire the scenery in the game.

On that note, I'd like to recommend something that I thought was pretty cool about Trainz - it's map editor. Basically what it did was it allowed you to build maps out of "boards". So you'd start with one board that was something like 1 mile by 1 mile, or maybe it was 1km x 1km. You can totally create whatever you want to on this board, and when you're done with it, you can either leave it alone or add more boards to it by telling the program where to attach the next board.

This way, you can customize your game world. Think of this in OFP terms - map makers could create special MP maps that are only 1km x 1km or 2km x 1km or 2km x 2km. Or, if you want to create a huge map area, there is really no limit. It can be as big as you want it to be. I've played some maps that were literally 100s of miles from end to end and took hours to accomplish. Additionally, you could take two different maps by two different people and combine them into one single, continuous and totally compatible map.

Some other cool features are the ability to preview all kinds of buildings and scenery before adding them to the map, so you'd know exactly what you were adding. And then once on the map, you could manipulate it. There were also different kinds of terrain, ususally broken down into area of origin. So you'd have terrain that was specific to North America, Europe, Australia, etc. But what is special about that is that you could put kangaroos (as scenery) inside of a map of the Swiss Alps if you wanted to. This allowed for very interesting looking maps, as you could imagine.

All in all, the Trainz map editor allows more flexibility for the designer than I have seen in any other game.

Here are some screenshots. Imagine your squad of OFP warriors fighting it out in these areas, many of which only took a few hours to make.

5.jpg

2.jpg

Also, take a look at the custom content downloads and see all the buildings and scenery that can be downloaded and added.

Here

I don't know if anyone said it. but I reckon we need prisoners in OFP2.

For example if you encounter 20 strong squad and kill 15 of them the rest just gonna drop their weapons and change their status to POW that classifies as friendly so you cannot shoot them. This can happen if the morale is low as well, like when you kill an officers in a small squad.

Or if officer is still alive but some of his soldiers are giving up he can shoot them for treason. If there are trees around you can tie the POWs to the tree so they won't run away.... etc.

Would be nice if you shot the gun the enemy is holding, it either falls out ther hands or becomes inoperable depending where it hits. Right now, if you shoot the gun you kill the guy,.... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ April 08 2003,21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would be nice if you shot the gun the enemy is holding, it either falls out ther hands or becomes inoperable depending where it hits. Right now, if you shoot the gun you kill the guy,.... wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, james bond days...

About the ability to jump. I don't like the idea, your carrying 60 pounds (or some horrid amount) and you wouldn't be jumping, like, well, a kangaroo wink.gif

I agree about the jumping. If you've ever played DF2, you might remember all those asses who had their keyboard/mouse set up so that they'd jump instead of run. I hated them.

Well, I don't really think you should be able to jump like a kangaroo, you know, all around the landscape....but I think the idea of jumping just to take cover behind something is not so bad...

Jumping wouldn't be good at all, that's for sure. Instead of jumping - a feature so you can take higher steps, like to climb/step over a 0.5 meters high wall, etc.

That'd be much better (certainly stop any silliness in MP)... could work as the first available action when next to a fence wall, e.g. vault fence/climb over wall etc... There must be a whole range of context sensitive actions that could be added.

Just as OFP when you run you get tired, if you jump too much, eventually you will not be able to jump for a while until you rest.

OFP looks like it's striving to be more and more realistic, let's not limit.

Whith regards to carrying a large amount of tools and ropes and such, this you would not carry it arround, just like you don't carry all the ammo. You go to ammo crates and get more ammo when you need it. In this case, you go to the truck, crate, or other to get the tool you need to do the action you need.

For example, in a mission, you have to secure a building and there is a person on the second floor of a ruin. You have several choices. If you have granades, throw one up there. If you don't have any heavy armor, or granades or LAW or RPG or anything other than your rifle, the jeep you came into town with and your recon partners, then go to the jeep, get a rope, go to another secure part of the building and climb up to kill the enemy.

That's just one example.

Another would be to take POW and tie them up until the rest of the infantry arrives.

And another would be to climb up to the top of the church tower to get a better view of the surrounding area and alert others if enemy approaches. Watch tower.

Endless possibilities that would make mission creation more fun.

How about the ability to swim or use scuba gear. Aircraft carriers where jets and helos could land and take off from and be boarded from small boats. Better urban comabt scenes with all buildings open and able to be used and communities that make sense such as have grocery stores, gas stations, movie theaters, etc. AI that picks up ammo when their out instead of just saying their low on ammo. Also, have AI when on the same side go to each others defense even if they have to break out of a waypoint pattern to do so instead of just going to the next spot while someone else right beside them who isn't in their group gets dropped by enemy fire. Overall the game is the best I've yet to play and I hope that OFP2 will surpass it!

TC

While I'm all for realism, I don't want a game to be too realistic. For example, I don't want the enemy soldiers to be able to 'sense' my presence. There are only so many senses the player can have in a game (sight and sound). Please remember that Operation Flashpoint is a game, so I don't want things like 'Remove the aiming crosshair'; 'Get rid of the command bar for squad leaders'; 'Permanently disable the Command View'; 'Remove the 3rd person view', you know, stuff like that.

That's me done. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about the ability to swim or use scuba gear.<span id='postcolor'>

SWIM - YES!  I vote for swim.  There is an area in the island of Everon, I beleive, that has a small canyon inlet of the sea with a sharp uphil.  It's here you get the spiderman bug that you can climb up and down the sharp cliff, but that's another story.

I've tried using M113 to deploy troops in that inlet, but the M113 carrier has trouble landing.  If you eject, you sink and die after a while.  The ability to swim would be great to do a covert ops mission to infiltrate.

COOL smile.gif

My last post just reminded me of the need for rope, or rather the lack of need for rope. There is the spiderman bug, if it applied to buildings, then we would not need a rope (JK) tounge.gif

eevvrything that has been said!!!!

Swimming, better physics, better flight model, no bouncing vehicles, deforming terrain, ability to command multiple squads so i can be a general leading an all out attack from the comfort of my HQ  smile.gif .And i wanna dynamic campaign. You could choose if you want to be in the navy, the airforce, a paratrooper, armored, marines, spec op, or just in the normal infantry. You start out as a private and then climb up in rank depending on how you've performed. You could fight the whole war without being promoted at all or you could end up as a general.

Guest BratZ

Main things: Ability to fire from multiple points (and plane turrets)

Ability to walk on moving vehicles

Reliable geometry (no more walking thru walls)

Swimming

Shooting from every position

Some things I'd like to see:

knives,clothes swap like hitman,ability to set pitch/bank on an object,better multiplayer capabilities

nicer textures (mainly trees,grass,clouds),ability to increase rank during game,ability to change soldiers,plane shaking fixed(at least when its engine is off),and i'd like the addon directory size limit removed ,lol

If you want to get fancy...complete WW2 scenario

And of course make sure it still has the editor and an optional install of O2 would be sweet

I'd like to be able to crawl under a vehicle and hide there without my guy jumping up and down in a prone position. Makes me nauseous after a while... wink.gif

ONE VERY COOL THING

You can stop armored vehicles by blowung up the wheels/tracks

ennemis use buildings

accurate AI gunners

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ April 09 2003,14:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jumping wouldn't be good at all, that's for sure. Instead of jumping - a feature so you can take higher steps, like to climb/step over a 0.5 meters high wall, etc.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes i agree , something like what you could find in Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear (i dont know for Raven Shield, never played it), and in Project IGI 1 (for fences) when there was specific objects , you could climb on it with the action key.

I am definitely not for a jump feature , but a "climb" feature can be very interesting

id love to see more of cqc

like indoors

like the crosshair changes when ur indoors for room clearing or for hostage rescue

and ur mobility increases like ghost recon or swat