Sign in to follow this  
Yett

Possible Release Date? @GameSpot

As you may know GameSpot is the people working with E3 for news and updates, recently (in the past few hours) they have updated there Arma III release date from Q4 2012 to September 30th 2012 On there searching screen, even though the rest of the there information now says Q3 2012, instead of Q4 2012.

Maybe the release date has been leaked through GameSpot? Or its just an error in Gamespot? I will let you decide.

Image: Screen%20shot%202012-06-05%20at%2017.56.19.png

Screen%20shot%202012-06-05%20at%2017.58.34.png

Link: http://uk.gamespot.com/search/?qs=arma

However don't believe any final release date until Bohemia have confirmed it.

Q3 2012 is the release for Czech army DLC

ArmA 3 is set for Q4 2012 ,but it can be even later

Q3 2012 is the release for Czech army DLC

ArmA 3 is set for Q4 2012 ,but it can be even later

I agree im estimating Arma 3 to be released March 2013.

It could be that the new DLC is to help tide things over while the release date for ARMA III is pushed back. I for one would welcome a pushback, whatever necessary to make the game as good as is realistically possible!

Last I heard A3 was pushed back to Q1 2013 at minimum.

The Q4 2012 date is defunct.

I agree im estimating Arma 3 to be released March 2013.

Wow..... Here speaks the latest oracle!

Come on mate. Either divulge your source or you are just talking out of your rear end! I'll assume the latter.

He said he was estimating...

The devs already confirmed it was pushed back to 2013 anyway.

Release A3 in 2013 I don't care...If we will have Alpha ^^

The devs already confirmed it was pushed back to 2013 anyway.

Source? All I've heard is that the alpha will be delayed.

I heard it was delayed too :P

I'll try to find it but I know for a fact they said it wasn't going to be Q4 2012 anymore. Lemme see if I can find the quote...

And I oracled back in 2011 that it won't be out before Q1 2013...just a experienced guess after 10 years of BIS relases because when they had to release at fixed dates (ArmA II 1.0 grmen morphicon) they had to relase barely working versions.

Well, and think about it this way; Community Alpha was delayed, presumably at least a month or two, so by then we will be reaching the end of Q2 2012...I don't see a full release before the end of this year. Obviously it would be awesome but I just don't see it happening, and I swear one of the devs said something similar too about a spring 2013 release, I just can't find it in the dozens of pages of threads, lol.

I swear one of the devs said something similar too about a spring 2013 release

Q1 I could live with but spring... I don' know if I'll be able to make it that long without arma 3. Oh well I guess there will be the alpha and it will mean PC will be cheaper.

Oh, okay, so I am getting a bit confused here. Here is the thread discussing the release date, and also an interview:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?130217-Avaliable-Q4-2012

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72352/arma-3-dev-explains-shifting-release-window

I keep forgetting that it was originally listed as Summer 2012, so it was delayed from Q2 2012 to Q4 2012.

However, it also says that they "may take extra time as needed". To me, coupled with the Alpha delay, that says 2013.

But you are right, there is no confirmed 2013 delay, I was mistaken on that.

However, the OP said Q3 2012 which is not what the "official" date is.

You can't trust anyone anymore with information. Most people seem to misread it and then mislead everyone else. If you find a quote, I'll believe you.

It's just like when people thought DayZ was going to be included in the next ArmA II patch.

In any case, I think what we can take away from this is no, Q3 2012 is not the release date. It could be Q4 2012 but with the announcement of the alpha delay it seems more likely to be pushed back further.

Of course without a developer specifically pointing it out apparently it's "misleading". :rolleyes:

My point is that everyone that was left with the ArmA II 1.0 version in may 2009 knows that early releases won't give you a playable game. And i also guess that BIS is avoiding the same mess this time by simply pushing release back instead of releasing a unfinished game because of a fixed release date again.

I don't care if they delay it as long as the deliver a game without serious bugs

Whats the difference if they release an apha first or the final game that needs fixing?!?!?!

At least we would get to try it and help with improvements...

I wouldn't doubt Q1 2013 for Arma 3 considering that BIS is now going with Physx 3 instead of SKU 2 also to ensure it has a stable and ain't a bug fest like A2 1.01

Arma 2 sales as of lately due to DayZ could help BIS extend Dev time.

I wouldn't mind a Q1 2013 release.

Less competition in that slot and more time in the cooker.

I don't care if release is delayed, we'll have the alpha anyways.

alpha would bridge the gap quite nicely! and when we have the alpha we can seriously stress test it!

Arma is like wine.

The older it gets so better it gets.

Take your time, no rush pls, Q1/2 2013 is ok.