Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93398 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Is the improved LOD blending also supposed to work for buildings? I'm not seeing much improvement for instance in the menu cutscene where the Czech soldiers are overlooking a town in a valley, with the A10 flying by. The buildings below are constantly switching between high and low LOD while the camera is panning. This happens with Object details set to anything below Very high.

There is no mentioned that there has been improvements in the LOD switching issues, so that's perfectly normal.

Thanks for the reply! There are not many forums where the company's CEO is responding to customer queries, in fact this is the only one that I know of. Keep up the great work!

On a Saturday as well.. nor do I know of any company where the devs not only churn out betas at so phenomenal a rate, but also work till after 10pm on Friday evening to do so.

There is no mentioned that there has been improvements in the LOD switching issues, so that's perfectly normal.

Fair enough. So what exactly is LOD blending supposed to do?

I think you shouldn't base LOD of buildings on scene complexity at all but only on distance. Probably not such a big loss in performance.

Hello. I`m terribly sorry for posting my problem here but please help if u can.

I have downloaded latest beta path for arma2 and now have issue with red connected \ disconnected messages. All my friends do not have this messages and i don`t know what to do.

I failed to find any solution for this on the internet. This problems prevent me from reading cheat because this messages comming up even when someone spamming enter to join full server.

Again sorry for posting this here, please help.

YES! Finaly no "xxx connecting/disconnecting" -messages spamming the screen. Ahh the "silence". :) And no "chain icon" either? Or was the server just really good? Because it was full dayz server and didn´t see chain icon at all. Only Direct, Group and Vehicle channels were in use and it was great. Oh why didn't you guys make this option before? Would be even better if player could choose if he wants to see the chat or not.

I have downloaded latest beta path for arma2 and now have issue with red connected \ disconnected messages.

Read the first post. System messages such as connect/disconnect are now red.

Read the first post. System messages such as connect/disconnect are now red.

Yes i know.. but my friends and some players do not have this messages on the same server...

Yes i know.. but my friends and some players do not have this messages on the same server...

Then they're probably not running the same beta version?