Sign in to follow this  
The_Captain

Pushable/Towed AT/AA Guns in custom missions

Hi,

I noticed that when making missions in the editor, I don't have the ability to enter "push" mode for the AT guns, or hitch mobile mode AT/AA guns to vehicles.

I wasn't able to find an appropriately named module to get this behavior working.

Has anyone found a simple way to get these working? In the meantime, I'll be digging through the IFA's to see how this is done in official missions.

Thanks!

I've been looking for the same thing. It's either a script to put in the init line, or it's one of the modules present. Tried several of them without any luck so far.

Make sure you have the functions module down as well before you try the other modules as some will not work without it. For example, the mines and wires module will only work with the functions module placed too. The use of satchel charges, detonators, and wires appears to be dependent on you having both modules down, otherwise they simply do not work.

Woo hoo!

Thanks guys.

You need "advanced artillery features" and "functions" modules in mission to get... additional artillery features. I suspected it was that module but couldn't figure out why it wasn't working...

There are 5 important modules in the Iron Front, among the classical arma ones.

- Advanced AI. Makes the AI more aggressive and effective without making them deadly sharp-shooters.

- FVD. When you sit in aircraft, you get larger view distance then in the standard mission settings. Must have for any aircraft mission.

- Tank riders. Enable the soldiers who are on tanks, to act more realistic (dismount when in combat, dismount when the turret of the tank turns around)

- Using mines and tripwires. That module is must to make all the mines and explosives to work, in couple with the Functions module.

- Advanced artillery features. Needed for the artillery towing and pushing. Needed to be in couple with the Functions module.

- Advanced AI. Makes the AI more aggressive and effective without making them deadly sharp-shooters.

- Tank riders. Enable the soldiers who are on tanks, to act more realistic (dismount when in combat, dismount when the turret of the tank turns around)

- Using mines and tripwires. That module is must to make all the mines and explosives to work, in couple with the Functions module.

- Advanced artillery features. Needed for the artillery towing and pushing. Needed to be in couple with the Functions module.

Would it not be possible (engine wise) to make those 4 modules just run default in every mission and then remove them from the module list?

It's nice to have the option; It would be frustrating not to be able to turn off some behavior if it was enabled by default. Thanks for making it optional!

Question about these functions: Do you link them to the artillery pieces, or to the player, or do they just have to be...somewhere...on the map?

- FVD. When you sit in aircraft, you get larger view distance then in the standard mission settings. Must have for any aircraft mission.

Do they need to be synced with units on the map, or are they of the place-and-forget type?

Do they need to be synced with units on the map, or are they of the place-and-forget type?

Place and forget (after synced with the function mode ofcourse)

Place and forget (after synced with the function mode ofcourse)

Does that mean synced (F5) with the Functions Module, or grouped (F2) with Functions?

Hi,

just struggling with the push function on a PAK 40.

I place the arty advanced features module down and sync the PAK 40 to the module and jump on, but still dont get the PUSH.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terminus

Edited by Terminus

Hi,

just struggling with the push function on a PAK 40.

I place the arty advanced features module down and sync the PAK 40 to the module and jump on, but still dont get the PUSH.

You might need to place the "Functions" module down as well as its used by a few other modules for whatever reason. Also you should sync all modules to whatever your player character will be.

You might need to place the "Functions" module down as well as its used by a few other modules for whatever reason. Also you should sync all modules to whatever your player character will be.

That did it ..placed the functions module it automatically linked to the advanced arty features module and I get the PUSH when I jump on the empty pak 40.

Many Thanks Phazon.

Have someone found a way to get rid of that start up error with "Advanced AI"-module?