Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Printed, Full Sized map of Limnos with Sprocket Purchase/preorder Possible?

When we Pre-ordered Operation ArrowHead we got this nice (huge) map of Takistan on one side and Chernarus on the other: http://imageshack.us/f/175/20100625a2oamaptakistan.png/

I am actually making really good use of the Chernarus map now with DayZ :) :868:

Do you think BIS could give us the same offer for a Limnos map with Arma3?

What would be cool is if it were scaled to 1:50,000 so you could use a protractor to find grid coordinates. Here are some examples of US 1:50,000 scale maps. They're BIG, so be warned. ;)

http://173.236.29.66/~cambodia/L7016%20entire/5729%201%20Xom%20Ong%20Thay.jpg (~800kb)

http://173.236.29.66/~cambodia/L7016%20entire/5830%201%20Chhuk.jpg (~1400kb)

What would be even more awesome is if the map came with one of these (The aforementioned protractor). :cool:

map_protractor.gif

I got no map with my boxed version. Damn you Morphicon! :protest:

Yes, damn Morphicon. I purchased the German version of ArmA II when it first came out. I have since lost my key and am unable to contact them because I get a message back saying their inbox is full. Thankfully, I also purchased it on Steam and from the BI Store.

I wish BI would make maps available for their games. I would buy a map for Takistan, Chernarus, Sahrani, Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev in a heartbeat. Thankfully, I have the digital maps from ArmA X, but I would really like to buy a high quality print for each of the islands in the series.

What would be cool is if it were scaled to 1:50,000 so you could use a protractor to find grid coordinates. Here are some examples of US 1:50,000 scale maps. They're BIG, so be warned. ;)

http://173.236.29.66/~cambodia/L7016%20entire/5729%201%20Xom%20Ong%20Thay.jpg (~800kb)

http://173.236.29.66/~cambodia/L7016%20entire/5830%201%20Chhuk.jpg (~1400kb)

What would be even more awesome is if the map came with one of these (The aforementioned protractor). :cool:

http://www.traditioncreek.com/storefront/images/products_supplies/map_protractor.gif

That would be very cool, a full fledged military map of the islands.

(With a high chance that the greece military will be quite pissed about it)

R yu mad? A map? A compass? A protractor to find grid coordinates? All those potential future OMG-D3ltA-Warri0rZ and geardo bro'players won't be able to do anything with these things! They will instant-cry for a superderp mobile with integrated cheat "find-&-show-me-everything" app. A3 is set in 2035 not ancient 2012!! ;) :tongue:

At a scale of 1:50,000 1cm on the map would equate to 500m. So if the Limnos map is 20x20km (400km² including surrounding water), such a map would be 40x40cm. Seems like a good size. :)

Make it so!

Can you see Chaman on that map?

No, never noticed that before :) I can see the "AN" at the end of "ChamAN", but that's it. heh heh :D

I just ran to the store across the street and bought Reinforcements for the Takistan map.

Already have Arrowhead and the DLC but I had to have that map damnit.

Now I just need to the Charanarus map.

It's good to be an adult, you can just run out and drop $30 on a map of an imaginary world without asking your parents permission. :yay:

I just ran to the store across the street and bought Reinforcements for the Takistan map.

Already have Arrowhead and the DLC but I had to have that map damnit.

Now I just need to the Charanarus map.

It's good to be an adult, you can just run out and drop $30 on a map of an imaginary world without asking your parents permission. :yay:

I know, it's awesome! But I don't have any game stores within 150 miles around me, so I can't just run out and buy a retail disc. That's why I love digital download and Amazon Prime.

Bohemia needs to add maps to all the box versions of the game and the store or find a use a third party company like they do with the mugs and stuff.

Maps and maybe a few extra goodies in the standard versions makes the game even more attractive.

In the old days I bought a lot of games on the weight of the box.

Who's the one in charge of making the decision about including things like that?

Edit: I'm sure a Chernarus Map would sell like hotcakes to the DayZ players.

Edited by jblackrupert

Bohemia needs to add maps to all the box versions of the game and the store or find a use a third party company like they do with the mugs and stuff.

Maps and maybe a few extra goodies in the standard versions makes the game even more attractive.

In the old days I bought a lot of games on the weight of the box.

Who's the one in charge of making the decision about including things like that?

Mainly the ones who gets out some cash to produce the boxes, aka the publisher.

The maps need to be laminated as well, that way I can draw on it with Dry Wipe markers when I'm forumulating battle plans! :D (Coloured Map pens should also be included).

The maps need to be laminated as well, that way I can draw on it with Dry Wipe markers when I'm forumulating battle plans! :D (Coloured Map pens should also be included).

That is something I would definately buy!

I wish BI would make maps available for their games. I would buy a map for Takistan, Chernarus, Sahrani, Everon, Malden, and Kolgujev in a heartbeat. Thankfully, I have the digital maps from ArmA X, but I would really like to buy a high quality print for each of the islands in the series.

My dream has come true!!!! Maps are now available for purchase at the Bohemia Interactive store!

Note: FREE shipping

Don´t miss a very special limited offer: a collection of authentic printed double-sided maps for Arma 2. These maps will guide you through your combat operations on Chernarus as well as the other locations you can find in many of Arma’s DLCs and MODs, including the popular DayZ zombie survival mod.

Buy the Chernarus Map Collection and you will receive eight original printed postcards for free. Plan your combat operations and zombie hunts in true military style!

Chernarus Map Collection contains:

PRINTED MAPS OF CHERNARUS, SAHRANI, TAKISTAN, SHAPUR AND PROVING GROUNDS

8 POSTCARDS FEATURING GAME ARTWORKS

Chernarus Map Collection + 8 Bonus Postcards Only $14.99USD

Well it seems that BI is reading this thread. Several guys in my group already ordered. I hope they make mps for Limnos too (but military grade please)

Well it seems that BI is reading this thread. Several guys in my group already ordered. I hope they make mps for Limnos too (but military grade please)

They most likely just got tonnes of Preorder stuff from the BIStore left over and added it to cater the DayZ guys.

Could anybody who ordered it confirm what kind of maps are inside for Takistan and other islands (what grid precision, any parts missing like with the old takistan paper map IIRC, ingame map layer used or shading added, et cetera)? It would have been nice if the Chernarus map I see from the screenshot used full 6 digit grid system, although I can extrapolate...gonna order it anyway probably :)

Are these the same maps you get with boxed Arma X: Anniversary Edition?

Are these the same maps you get with boxed Arma X: Anniversary Edition?

They do look very similar so I'd say so, yes

They do look very similar so I'd say so, yes

I thought that too.

Well, I might get it just to have a separate map edition.