Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

Its a known issue and as most of the config errors will be already fixed on the next release, and i even released a patch for that( it also added more acurate weights to the weapons and mags) it was on the old armanam forum, i will post it here latter(not in my PC right now).

Many thanks! I would love to get ahold of that patch. :)

Its a known issue and as most of the config errors will be already fixed on the next release, and i even released a patch for that( it also added more acurate weights to the weapons and mags) it was on the old armanam forum, i will post it here latter(not in my PC right now).

http://188.165.197.222/RepositorioAddonSycn/@UNS/addons/uns_ace_compact.pbo.7z

That's the ACE patch i made long ago, it was on the old armanam website

The patch worked to keep the planes but now all my soldiers are getting "scope" error messages. Any ideas?

well just wondering about some of the islands in unsung. i find that i will be walking twoards a lush green jungle then when i get closer a specific type of plant disapears. also is thier any mods that work well with unsung

and how do i install more then one mod.

ps do u think the 2.5 will be realesed before the end of april.:D

well just wondering about some of the islands in unsung. i find that i will be walking twoards a lush green jungle then when i get closer a specific type of plant disapears. also is thier any mods that work well with unsung

and how do i install more then one mod.

ps do u think the 2.5 will be realesed before the end of april.:D

There are other somewhat compatible mods out there that work with Unsung 2.0

April release ? I wish :P

With the arrival of A3 the mod has been pushed even further back unfortunately. I tried A3 for about 30mins , it didn't really do anything for me .. so me personally i'm still working away on unsung 2.5. There has been some internal issues we are facing which set us back , but thanks to our good friend Aplion from the Hellenic Mod not all is lost ...

He has really pulled us outta the crap. I can't credit and thank him enough :)

All will be revealed once we get all the information.

Sav

Well that's good news that Aplion gave you a hand. I'm patiently waiting for the next update 2.5. Gotta a lot of basic missions made with Unsung that I will further progress with the next update. I've put it on hold because my RPT is always going crazy with the current version.

keep it up guys and thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

thanks

how do i get one of the planes to drop napalm.

Check the Editing section of these forum you will find your answer there :)

ok can so ive narraowd the problem down. found in the island phie something (cant remmeber the name) there is a type of small plant/tree that flashes white when i get a certain distance to it.then as i get closer its fine. its like u have missed the coding for that palnt. my understanding of the coding part is that you have to cod the plant to look differnet at differnet distances and it looks like you have missed one of these distanceses. correct me if i wrong. it would be awsome if u guys could fix this for the next realse. love this mod keep up the good work.:)

I'm guessing your referring to the Ple Trap map? Unfortunately we no longer have the MLODs (raw file) for these plants. Maybe when/if we move to Arma 3 we might be able to do something about the plant LOD...

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

ok thanks. also because im so impatient i was wondering if you could tell me if the 2.5 will be realsed in like 3-4 months or will it take longer, is their any word on when it might be realsed. im just so desperet for the next realses ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

thanks very musch. oh what map would u call the best for sp missions

im trying to remove all weopens in the skyrider plane and just add napalm to the weapons so it has no choice but to drop nalpam but im having trouble. i would like to do this in the editor using but i can find out the names and how to type them in to instalation

I don't think it was modelled to have just Napalm but check the OpHandbook included in the mod all class name are listed there.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

25logo.png

WIP REPORT # 7

Well Arma 3 is here and attention has shifted towards BIS's new addition to the arma series. The question is now been raised will Unsung be moving to arma 3 ?

The answer is YES.

But first we plan to finish off what we have been working on the last year and then move onto Arma 3 with a clean and stable release.

Therefore our next release 2.5 will be the final release for arma 2.

The last month has been a roller coaster for the team , there has been a few ups and downs that made us rethink our approach. However, the biggest up we had was Aplion from the Hellenic mod who has been so generous with his time and effort and has really helped out the unsung mod. A big thanks to you my friend :)

Now for some screenshots of our new hardware:

Aplions model and re textures of his A7 Corsair II:

US AIRFORCE :

arma2oa201331218102934.jpgarma2oa2013312181036589.jpg

US NAVY:

arma2oa2013312181116613.jpgarma2oa2013312181128356.jpg

Aplions model and re textures of his F4E Phantom II:

US NAVY:

arma2oa2013312181211292.jpgarma2oa2013312181229932.jpg

US AIRFORCE:

arma2oa2013312181323310.jpgarma2oa2013312181757671.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Really nice work here,especially the boat it gives it a real Vietnam feel.

Looks good guys, glad to see your moving to A3 also, that new lighting will be amazing in the jungle.

Looks awsome! looking forward to release for arma2, and also nice to hear you will continue the mod for arma3. Looking forward to it!!!

Nice, but I have the feeling that the nose is a little bit too long...or am I wrong?

BTW, will there be MARINES F-4?

thanks

Unsung MOD is one of my favorites and SGT_SAVAGE is a good friend of mine ... so I'm happy I can help these guys to make this MOD more accurate and complete.

Of course all credits goes to them for the splendid work so far ...

Keep up the gook work guys.

Aplion

Awesome planes and boat, I'm very glad The unsung is going to ArmAIII.

THANKS GUYS!!!

Edited by GodsFist

Looking great! I remember reading something about a more authentic SOG unit (using more enemy gear/weapons than GI), can you confirm this for the final A2 release?