Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

Nice, but I have the feeling that the nose is a little bit too long...or am I wrong?

BTW, will there be MARINES F-4?

thanks

The nose length is correct. This is the 4E model, they lengthened the nose to incorporate the internal gun. The 4B model had a shorter nose but used an external gun pod. I think IIRC there was a new radar fitted to the E model and subsequently made the nose longer too. Rest assured , unsung does its research on new equipment :).

Marines version : Aplion has been so generous he has given us a blank textured version of his f4 and Spock has expressed much interest in making a marines version so will see.

And to set the record straight, since Aplion is being such a nice guy :) The models textures are all his work and full credit goes to him :notworthy: The pictures don't do his work justice you have to see them in game.

Looking great! I remember reading something about a more authentic SOG unit (using more enemy gear/weapons than GI), can you confirm this for the final A2 release?

Gaz was working on some but unfortunately he had a HDD crash and lost them :( He has taken time out to spend with his family so hopefully he will return later on

Sav

woooooooooooo! yer im liking the new units also the map i think thats the new one . si it

oh and if i get the 3 dlc for arma 2 will the game look or run any differnet

Yes it is a new island called Cao Bang by super 6.1 the frame rates are very good compared to our earlier releases , you will need OA to run our mod this time around.

I plan to make a short video to help those of the community who need help tuning their system. Don't expect to have a view distance of 8000k and everything turned up ultra its just not gonna give you good frames.

While our maps can be FPS hogs compared to bare assed desert maps, there are ways around it to maximise your gaming performance without dropping everything to low .

Some will say " Well other Vietnam mods can have a VD of ___ and have high framerates" My answer to that is that other mods do not have a jungle thick and detailed like ours. We want the player to feel claustrophobic & anxious at the same time. Not being able to see 10 ft ahead of you in some areas hopefully will put the player in the state of mind the real Vietnam Vets experienced in South East Asia. Also if you wanna do some tree level bombing in our jets there is a good setting for that too.

I have heard people complain I get shot and don't see the enemy and they have the advantage. Well getting shot without seeing the enemy was a common occurrence in the Vietnam war. However, with the New DSAI module we were able to level the playing field a bit. Now you can hear basically where they are and how close the enemy is.

But, if you come under fire first find a rock tree or hit the deck and roll, don't fire unless you have a target this gives your position away to the enemy to engage you. I suggest reading up on jungle warfare it will really help you survive when your in the boonies. Again I will show in the video how you can defeat the enemy quite easily if you use the correct tactics.

Anyway enough of my Raving for now :P

Will the new Unsung have a Nam weather/rain/fog/sky module or something that represents the seasons of Vietnam Wartime? How is dense jungle vegetation going with AI - will they have an superhuman advantage or be "blind" and slowish-(re)acting?? Will there be some missions to get people familiar with typical Nam (Unsung Mod) features and procedures? :)

very good news, thx you Aplion and SGT_SAVAGE =)

Will the new Unsung have a Nam weather/rain/fog/sky module or something that represents the seasons of Vietnam Wartime? How is dense jungle vegetation going with AI - will they have an superhuman advantage or be "blind" and slowish-(re)acting?? Will there be some missions to get people familiar with typical Nam (Unsung Mod) features and procedures? :)

No we haven't made a weather module.We feel that bis standard weather module is sufficient. If you played on our SEA map the vegitation is unchanged and cao bang is very similar. As far missions i believe there are a few made by the mission team but as far as procceedures no unfortunatley we might need to compile that after the intial release.

Hey SGT_SAVAGE,

All the new additions look superb! Can't wait to put them to use in virtual combat. It's really unfortunate that SOG units probably won't make an appearance in R2.5, but maybe for Unsung A3...hehe.

Anyway, I'm wondering if the Unsung team might be opening a server for Unsung 2.5 for MP games? Would be great to have a server up, along with the "roll calling" like the OFPNAM days. I remembered some really great memories of MP coop with you guys using Hawkins Jungle Fever Vietnam Minimod in OFP. Those were great virtual combat experiences.

Just wondering.

Great stuff once again! Can't wait for release!!

Damian

We are planning to organise a server and a new official session called unsung " in country" which will be the jungle fever equivalent for Arma 2&3

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Ok a quick video showing the SA2 Guideline SAM in action....

dEjqvwVojls

im just wondering is it possible to put missions already made eg one of your missions into my editor so i can edit it

Looks amazing!! Im glad I asked Aplion about that A-7! However, ive got 2 questions. I really really hope you add napalm canisters to the F4 Phantom, because if you dont ill commit suicide. Secondly, if you do create a server, please make sure not to have Battleye activated. This will open up for a lot of players who (just like me) got screwed over by hackers highjacking our CD-keys.

But I really like what im seeing so far. And the possibilites for ArmA 3 is, well, I dont know where to begin...

/Arclight

Mate sorry, we didn't model them on the F4 this time around.The F4 in our mod is mainly made for air combat with the Mig 21 .... :O ooops I said that out loud??? Oh well,Yes Aplion is working on a mig21 too ;)

Maybe in A3 we can have our loadouts customisable via the editor.

SAv

that's too bad...

AFAIK, there hasn't been much air combat for F4 in Nam, but mostly air support mission.

will there be a F4 version for CAS or bombing configuration?

What weapons you see on the screen shots is how it will stay this time around. We have a deadline to keep and can't keep reconfiguring our work each time otherwise we never gonna get it out to the community :) Also I answered that question in my last comment

ok lol.

however, to me, mainly doesn't mean only, that's why I asked that about F4 for CAS ^^

Mate sorry, we didn't model them on the F4 this time around.The F4 in our mod is mainly made for air combat with the Mig 21 .... :O ooops I said that out loud??? Oh well,Yes Aplion is working on a mig21 too ;)

Maybe in A3 we can have our loadouts customisable via the editor.

SAv

Wow that is disappointing.

/Arclight

Wow that is disappointing.

/Arclight

I'm sorry to disappoint you but understand there is the rest of the mod to complete, we can't customise to everyone's taste and preference ... IF we have time and Aplion is able to we might do a napalm version.

Mig-21? If so then which variant?

Edit: It will be the Mig21 F model as was used by the PAVN

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Ok guys we are getting close to release , just hope there are people out there that still want to play it since A3 has arrived waaaayyy early.

Ok guys we are getting close to release , just hope there are people out there that still want to play it since A3 has arrived waaaayyy early.

Haha, Im checking this thread every day since new year!!! Get it out boys! :-) Today,... please :-D

Dont worry, like me I think a lot of people will keep playing A2 as long as A3 is not released in 1.0

Nice one Sav, it's looking great! Really look forward to it. Check your Private messages, I've got an update for you of the Guide

Edit: It will be the Mig21 F model as was used by the PAVN

Sounds very awesome indeed. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Blackbird

awsome cant wait you should update your mod db page that will help[ get the mod out to the people.