Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Unsung Vietnam War Mod Version 2.5 Discussion

To be honest. Theres no need for Firebases in this mod. The required minimum range of the howitzers pretty much makes it unusable on such small maps. That is why I urge you to focus on making decent mortars instead. And jets. Dont forget about the jets. :)

P.S. I didnt get a response from you regarding the implementation of Aplion's A-7 Corsair?

Sorry mate, I will have a chat to Aplion and see if we reach an agreement.

Well when me and my boys tried on SEA map, the runway was too small for even the Skyraider to lift off. However, the map is big enough for Firebases, and it does seem realistic.

This has been fixed , the Skyraider had some other issues with turning and "Sinking" whilst in flight , we managed to correct this. Now the Skyraider can easily take off on SEA :)

I agree with you Chapple, the runways have to be bigger.

Runways were usually short in in a lot of cases unsealed in Nam. They were mainly used for transport planes eg c123's or c130's which had short takeoff abilities. The other support aircraft Eg Skyraiders usually operated out of larger airbases like De Nang. But anyway like i said all our planes can take off on SEA without any issues now :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Yeah, I know that short runways was a problem. But the C130 needed very long runways in order to land and takeoff. Look at Khe Sanh for example. The C130 barely made it through the landing, and if you add the NVA AA gunners and Mortars into the equation, it was even harder :)

The C123-Provider is alot more useful in Unsung =)

But im happy that you solved the Skyraider issues!

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Oh and one more thing. When is somone going to set up a permanent Unsung server so we all can join up and have some fun? Im getting tired of handling stupid AIs all the time :D

Oh and one more thing. When is somone going to set up a permanent Unsung server so we all can join up and have some fun? Im getting tired of handling stupid AIs all the time :D

Will have to wait and see , I'm sure after 2.5 release servers will start coming online. I think a lot of people got jack of the errors 2.1 threw out and that's why it was removed off a lot of severs.

Hello guys. My name is Sam, and I am a helicopter sim enthusiast. Recently I came back to TOH following initiall dissapointment with physics, and after Fred Naar made some adjustments to it i finally enjoy the game. I also spend a while figuring out how to add TOH physics to Arma helicopter models, and I have finally made it work. I have a question- would You release any of You choppers (I'd love "dustoff" version) for TOH, and let me modify config so it works with TOH advanced physics? I know we won't have anyone from Arma community joining TOH players for mp, but there is a great demand for quality helicopters, and I myself find Huey my favourite chopper ever made, so I'd be awesome if You guys can let me it happen! Have a nice day!

Mate you can use our hueys in TOH as long as credits are given and the model remains intact

Wow thank You! Only config.bin will be edited. Going to start working on it today.

I completely agree with you SamB and I wish you good luck on your endeavor! Please contact me when your done with the TOH Project because I would love to have more realistic choppers in arma, Hueys in particular.

/Arclight

Hi! I am having a bit of trouble. Not gonna give up at all, already managed to make mi17 use toh physics (look at toh forum for download link, I got author permission). Also default huey flies ok with my config. Unsung hueys all load rotorlib libraries, so in theory they should work, but I cannot start the engine somehow. Give me coule days, hope to make it work.

Guys you may have noticed our Armanam.com site has been suspended. One of our old members was the registered owner but is no longer with us and we are unable to get in contact with him.Therefore its very unlikely Armanam will be bought back online .

However, we are in the process of creating another website where you can keep up to date with the unsung team and news related to the mod. Be sure to check in here in the mean time for WIP reports etc..

We thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Unsung team

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Cool stuff Sam. Good luck! I thought of making some UNSUNG missions with ToH helicopters thrown in, but it is difficult to find a map that gives me above 10fps in ToH. I think a jungle map would need some very severe LoD steps for the vegitation, so that distant trees would be easier on the Graphics card and CPU.

@trueapothecary

Just change the settings. Lastest patch improves fps a lot with arma 2 maps, but still these maps have more details. Ie nam maps have so many trees, You just have to decrease render distance. I might post here the config that I came up with, I am completely new to this stuff, maybe someone will spot where do I make a mistake. Have a nice day guys!

Hey guys. Just wanted to post this video in support to everyone in the Unsung Team. You guys are doing a fantastic job!

/Arclight Edited by Itsarclight

We're making an MSO on SEA with UNS. Seriously, all tests so far have gone well and it's going to be pretty awesome.

We have just been in talks with a team regarding making a MSO for our new islands and equipment. Work will commence on that project shortly after we sort a few issues with our units and get a new website up and running.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

I haven't formally announced it yet, but I'm working on a mini-Camp for UNSUNG. I had a really cool opening mission at CB Tango (SEA island), complete with briefing w/ animations, and an air strip with lots of activity going on...then, thanks to the Editor being a dick, I lost over 8 hours of work in the blink of an eye. I was devastated, and couldn't sleep well, so this morning I began to rebuild.

Still, I am excited for the next mod update-- and would love to know if some of the shading issues on the models (helmets not shading at all, front zipper area of the flak jackets over-shading to black) will be addressed? I avoid the ugliness these issues cause by turning off Shadows entirely in the settings, but a fix would be awesome if possible. Would also love to see the two errors I always get with showScriptErrors launch parameter active to be addressed, they seem like really simple fixes-- IIRC I get a generic error regarding "sleep 0.1" and an error about throwable weapons (can anyone else confirm?). If there is a more appropriate way of reporting bugs like these, I'd be happy to oblige.

Also, if anyone is interested, I find that the color palette adjustments kylania extracted from EW and posted to his blog give the colors of UNSUNG a massive boost to make things feel a bit more vintage. You'll have to do your own searching to find it, and tweaking to make it work, but editors should be aware of how much more authentic the feel becomes with these EW color adjustments.

It's really great to see the UNSUNG team going strong even with the downing of the ARMANAM website. The up and coming units for the mod looks fantastic. Can't wait to be able to utilize them for mission making. Here's hoping UNSUNG will continue into the new platform of ARMA 3 hehe (not-so-subtle hinting at the great team).

Thanks for the support guys ,

Yes unsung is still a' rockin and yes we will be shifting all our stuff to Arma 3 after the final stable version is released by BIS.

For now we are going to finish up 2.5 as it will be our final release for Arma 2.

Sav

Just wondering if you were going to do anything about the skyraider disappearing when ACE mod is used? I know that it uses the same scope as the A10 in vanilla ARMA. Any way to change that scope to something else or make it its own thing entirely? We would love to use your mod but not having napalm raining down from the skyraider to dig us out of a tight spot is making us quite sad. :'(

Just wondering if you were going to do anything about the skyraider disappearing when ACE mod is used? I know that it uses the same scope as the A10 in vanilla ARMA. Any way to change that scope to something else or make it its own thing entirely? We would love to use your mod but not having napalm raining down from the skyraider to dig us out of a tight spot is making us quite sad. :'(

good point i seem to have the same problem with using ace and unsung combined :(

Umm , last time I ran ace & unsung mod it was there and working fine :)

Im having the same problem as the comment above. When i go to the Tac Air selection the only thing there is the Birddog. I'm asking other people in my group to try as well and they are having the same problem. We use SixUpdater if that help at all. =/

Its a known issue and as most of the config errors will be already fixed on the next release, and i even released a patch for that( it also added more acurate weights to the weapons and mags) it was on the old armanam forum, i will post it here latter(not in my PC right now).