thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

Instant Action, Dynamic Missions, Single Player.

Downloads:

Takistan

Chernarus

These missions are completely randomly generated as you play, dropping you right into a different battle, between different sides, as a different unit, at a different time of day, in different weather conditions, in a different location every time. They are literally infinitely re-playable, and most importantly, great fun!

• Like 1

Thanks Bro, you've working on these for a while now, will try these latest ones out.

Thomsonb .. always a fixed install for sound mod testing and general instant fun. Thanks very much for porting this to Mcnools latest gems, they really do deserve more missions on them esp this type.

BTW great idea to start a single thread source, it was getting funky trying to keep track of each release number :)

Oh man, awesome work there! I love especialy Alibad and Hazar-Kot versions, so much fun playing with ACE+WARFX+JSRS+ASR_AI and expert difficulty as lonely taliban sniper against whole US Army, or joining another group. It shocked, when i was killing everyone who comes near at a mud building roof, and then i was surrounded, some soldiers did climb up the roof i were on, and murdered me ice cold there, i was like WTF o_O, f*cking awesome!

A coop or PvP version would be so much appreciated!

Keep up the damn nice work!

Hello all

Brilliant missions. especially for us BAF lovers :)

Are there any plans for an i44 version? would it be just a case of altering the classnames or is there a host of programming gubbins that would make it difficult/time consuming to do?

rgds

LoK

Hi guys

Thanks for the comments, glad ur still enjoying these.

@mrcash2009: I agree, these maps by Mcnools are real gems! In the past I have avoided porting the mission to lots of maps, because its a lot of work to keep updating them, but when I tested Aliabad and Hazar-Kot I was so impressd I had to use them!

@LoK: I am not an i44 user... not sure why really, since I loved it back in the ofp days, still remember playing the first mini demo on Malden! I will check out the latest i44 release and have a look. It is a lot of programming, most of it simple classnames, but some more tricky like changing the number of factions... mainly its just very time consuming. I hope i can find time.

By the way, what would be your preferences for a map for an i44 flashpoint?

B

I have asked this in the other threads for the missions.

Would you consider adding a "start as leader" / "Side" option? IE: if it gets selected you dont have choice of unit type, but as units spawn you get dropped into the leader of group with the side you selected at the very beginning. As soon as its zoomed to my man and I get control I constantly go straight to re-spawn and find a unit from a list, unless I start as a sniper and go lone wolf for a bit :)

Would be nice just to be a leader as an option from the get go, esp when all the fighting is happening away from you pretty quickly at the start.

Or, under your list of preset game types (such as "patrol") and so on, you have "lone wolf" (sniper/spotter 2 man team & some small size patrol groups and units in buildings to search out) & "Leader" (same as the norm but you are the leader from start) if that's better to implement.

Playing automatic rifleman in a team on Aliabad on open ground or on a roof, is very immersive on that map.

Edited by mrcash2009

The main reason I purchased arma 2 is because of your hard work thomsonb

many thanks & still enjoying all your dynamic missions.

Hello there,

@thomsonb

As to which i44 map i would prefer..... crikey... a tough one.

I am a chenarus fan, even though the camo units *really* suit lingor.

But to be realistic, it has to be one of i44's own maps. and the larger temperate maps are the nicest ones IMHO. I dont know the names of them offhand.

You really must try the i44 mod, the latest beta has come on in leaps and bounds.

Rgds

LoK

Hi all

I am pleased to announce I have just released an Updated version 1.19 of all the Flashpoint series:

Please download the latest versions from here:

Click here for the Flashpoint Download pages...

The latest changes are aimed at making the battles more realistic, I'm very pleased with the results of my testing, I have had some epic fights!

Here is a list of changes this version:

v1.19

- Changed: At mission start, all units can spawn very close to the player. (This improves the gameplay at mission start, less need for running around looing for the acion!).

- Changed: New Infantry behaviour, some groups now guard at the place they spawn, instead of moving around.

- Changed: New Aircraft and Helicopter behavior, air units now use a "Search & Destroy" waypoint instead of "Guard", and now will leave the area if dammaged.

- Changed: Spawn area increased, and number of infantry groups increased. (This is the result of me finally getting an up to date PC, being able to run long viewDistance, and having more CPU power... Please give me feedback if the new settings are too much for your PC, I have no idea what an average PC performance would be for players?).

- Tweaked: Slightly Increased number of dead bodies before deletion.

- Fixed: (ArmA2 Maps) Chedaki RPK player had PK not RPK.

- Removed: (Operation Arrowhead maps) Farmers with animal groups. (removed because they dont behave realisticaly, I will work on some realistic ambient civilians later).

Enjoy!

B

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

..to be realistic, it has to be one of i44's own maps...

Hi LoK, I have had a look at the I44 mod, great quiality, I plan to make a Flashpoint 1944: Omaha.

I look forward to playing it, hope I have time to make it soon

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Hi mrcash2009

...Would you consider adding a "start as leader" / "Side" option?

This is a great idea, I will try and implement it as a toggle option on the first setup screen, what do you think? (something like "Player spawns as Squad leader" toggle button)...

..esp when all the fighting is happening away from you pretty quickly at the start...

Thanks for the feedback, this gave me the idea to reduce the close spawn distance right down at the mission start, check out the latest v1.19 download, this new feature greatly reduces the quiet period at mission start where the other units are far away, can make for some action packed few minutes after spawn!

Cheers

B

These missions are very fun and have provided me with hours of entertainment, thank you!

Do you think you will ever add functionality to respawn in helicopters or jets? I think it would be really neat to be able to fly around in jets and dogfight, or to provide air support with an attack helicopter.

I've been following and playing your series for quite some time.

Thank you!

will u be revisiting Saharani also?

...respawn in helicopters or jets?...

Hi Cabot696, glad ur enjoying them!

I tried out air respawn in the missions, but had big problems. Problem is that you can move too far and too fast in Jets or Helos. The system is constantly checking every group, vehicle, tank, air unit... and for each group out of range of the player the group is deleted and a new group spawned...

Problem when the player flies around is that every time the script loops it finds TOO MANY groups out of range! This causes big slow downs, since literally hundreds of units are spawned each second...

I will have a think about having different spawning settings for air and ground player.. but don't expect anything too soon sorry :)

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Thats a good idea dondaddah, Il get it up to date ASAP

rgds

B

Dont forget a RACS vers of Sahrani....

hurry up!

Rgds

LoK

This is a great idea, I will try and implement it as a toggle option on the first setup screen, what do you think? (something like "Player spawns as Squad leader" toggle button)...

Yes that would be fine, as long as you have control over what side you spawn with as a leader.

I notice you upped spawning for better CPU, I assume you still can scale this down? (Havent tested these ones yet).

Hey, I just signed up on the forums for two reasons. One is to tell you how awesome your missions are, thomsonb. Your flashpoint missions have given me hours of enjoyment and they are my favorite missions for Arma 2. Secondly, I was wondering if you could make a version of your missions with ACE wounding and maybe even a few other ACE features like rangefinders with batteries, but at the very least I would like it if you could incorporate ACE's wounding module into your missions and release them separately.

Edited by ikillu64

Hi BEAUTIFUL MOD I love it!

However, I noticed that the US does not have the MK16 anymore :( I'd really like them to have the MK16 again..

thanks for the MOD!

hello there,

Ta muchly for the sahrahni missions.

Lovely Stuff.

quick question: Any chance of ever seeing these in Iron Front in the dim and distant future?

rgds

LoK

This is my favorite mission by far, but i have one thing to ask, when i set the objective do enemies come mostly from that direction or they spawn in some radius, no matter where they started or where the battle took us?

Hi sektor

When you set an objective the units spawning area does not change.

However, when you move towards the objective, your movement in that direction does change the unit spawning area.

*(note: the moving of the spawn area means the deleting of groups outside the area, behind you in this case, and spawning of new groups)

This actually happens at all times during the mission. Any time you move, the spawn area is moved in your direction. The size of the movement depends on your average speed. The centre of the spawn area actually moves quite far out from your position if you are running fast. This is designed to keep the battlefield busy wherever you go; and also to quickly generate a new battle if you, for example, drive a car really fast away from the battle.

Its not a perfect system, especially when you drive a long way quickly. But I have tweaked it a lot to try and give the best immersion and feeling of realism.

On another note, the objective system is still very basic I know, and I hope to improve it when I find the time!

cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

These are awesome! I would play just these and be well happy forever I think!

Please please OOOOOOOHHH Please could you do this for Iron Front?

@thomsonb

Thanks for the reply, i read instructions and understand spawn concept, it just feels that the enemy spawns from almost all directions after i ask for objective.

Nevertheless, i'm having great fun with this mission, keep up the great work.