thomsonb

[SP] Flashpoint: - Instant Action - Dynamic Missions - Release Thread

Hello

I am pleased to announce the release of version 1.21 for Takistan, Zargabad, Shapur, Chernarus, Utes, Aliabad and Hazar Kot.

Please download the latest versions from here:

Flashpoint download page

takistan121pic01.jpg

Changes this version:

v1.21

- Added: GCam spectator camera by Gigan. Available in action menu after you are killed and come back as rabbit. Press the L key to show the GCam controls, and press Spacebar to exit GCam.

- Performance Fixes, many tweaks to improve framerates:

* Lots of scripts are now precompiled and use the spawn feature.

* Reduced slightly the number of dead bodies before removal.

* Tweaked the default settings for slightly fewer groups.

- Changed: Infantry Group Behavior:

*50% of groups stay at their spawn position and Guard or Patrol.

*50% of groups Move to a near town, then Guard or Patrol.

- Changed: "Apply Field Dressing" action, text in the centre of screen removed (it was annoying when in combat).

- Fixed: At mission start units will not spawn closer than 200M.

Regards

B

Edited by thomsonb

Hi Pachira

I guess you mean in the MP version? (the SP version has file dressing to heal and suicide in the radio menu)

I have added the field dressing heal action to the players in the MP version now, will release the latest version later today

B

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Hello

Updated MP coop test version available for download here:

Flashpoint Chernarus MP02 download page

Still a work in progress! Not many features yet, but MP stability is my priority before adding stuff. Works on dedicated server or local host. Does not have any Join in Progress at this time.

One bug is the Bird camera when you die, sometimes the camera flys miles away to coordinates 0,0 (soon i will replace it with a spectator script anyway)

please report bugs to me by PM :)

B

I haven't tried the MP version, but I haven't found the capability to suicide while wounded (as in, you can't move around and you need someone else to help you as your character is writhing in pain) in the SP version.

I haven't tried the MP version, but I haven't found the capability to suicide while wounded (as in, you can't move around and you need someone else to help you as your character is writhing in pain) in the SP version.

- If you are wounded in SP, just heal yourself with the Field Dressing action

- If you want to commit suicide for whatever reason in SP, just press 0 0 1 to use the radio option

- There is no "writhing around in pain" mode in my missions

Maybe you are using a mod that causes the writhing in pain?

hope that explains it

B

- If you are wounded in SP, just heal yourself with the Field Dressing action

- If you want to commit suicide for whatever reason in SP, just press 0 0 1 to use the radio option

- There is no "writhing around in pain" mode in my missions

Maybe you are using a mod that causes the writhing in pain?

hope that explains it

B

I have no mods that state they add that, infact I believe it is in the game by default (otherwise you can't drag or carry wounded people around). Have you ever been shot enough to where you get knocked down, but not dead? Another person has to come and revive you. That is what I am talking about.

...I believe it is in the game by default (otherwise you can't drag or carry wounded people around)...

Hi Pachira,

Sounds like you are talking about the First Aid Module that can be added in the editor... This is not on by default, and is not in my mission. It is used in some of the Campaign missions etc, and includes dragging injured and being unconscious.

It must be a mod or something, because I have never included the modules in my missions... Im confused why you would be getting it ! :)

B

Hi Pachira,

Sounds like you are talking about the First Aid Module that can be added in the editor... This is not on by default, and is not in my mission. It is used in some of the Campaign missions etc, and includes dragging injured and being unconscious.

It must be a mod or something, because I have never included the modules in my missions... Im confused why you would be getting it ! :)

B

I see, well thanks for the info. I don't think I have any sort of medical change mods (all I have is DAPMEDIC which makes medics more active in the field)

"-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;@Blastcore_visuals;@JTD;@stmovement;@DAPMEDIC;@INKO" is my mod load order

Awesome! New version! Any ideas for future updates? Getting pretty excited! :D

Edited by JetlinerX

...Any ideas for future updates?...

Hi JetlinerX

First I will work on getting most features working in the MP version, I have made some progress learning how to code for the MP environment (its still a pain in the ass ;) )

There are lots of things on the list....

- Improve the Objectives system, make varied tasks (get to location, defend location, kill eny. leader, find evidence, disarm ied etc) and support for multiple tasks

- Make the AI groups work together a bit, maybe they will detect nearby groups, and sync their waypoints together a bit to suport each other?

- Make random bases for each side, FOBs, Outposts, VCPs on roads etc. Can have suport vehicles and ammo etc. I need to learn how to export and import composite groups of objects, i know there is a BIS module to do it.

- Make a "player event log" of some kind that records all events, kills, locations, joining groups etc so you can read a report of your mission after death... (like a big statistics text)

- Make an external userConfig settings.cpp file so users can change the default values as they wish (so you wont need to set it up to your liking every time)

- Make the scripts more modular and easier to convert to other maps, to allow more versions quickly (at the moment it takes a while to update all maps!)

- Ambient civillians including cars

- AI that will hunt you down a bit more especially if youre hiding in a building

- Anything else you guys think of!

I Hope to release another MP update soon with vehicles and aircraft working

Regards

B

Hope your performance issues have been solved JetlinerX, the scripts are optimised a bit more in the latest version.

Also maybe you need a full reinstall of A2 and make a new clean arma2oa.cfg file too?

Great mission, I love playing it when all I want to do is to shoot some dudes.

Is there any chance we could get 1.21 version of Utes map soon, though?

I see, well thanks for the info. I don't think I have any sort of medical change mods (all I have is DAPMEDIC which makes medics more active in the field)

"-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;@Blastcore_visuals;@JTD;@stmovement;@DAPMEDIC;@INKO" is my mod load order

Does DAPMEDIC refer to DAP's AI first aid support addon? If so, that is what adds the dragging & so on. It is also designed to make medics heal wounded allies whether or not they are in the sane team & can also make civs into medics. However, I and some others have had problems getting this to work in some missions, even when there are no other healing modules active - "This addon will be automatically disabled if you add BI's first-aid or wound simulation modules in mission" or SLX/COSLX, which also inactivate it.

Like COSLX, it also depends on a medic or other healing-capable unit coming close enough to detect the wounded AI or player.

I have a partly-written addon that adds just healing (no dragging/carrrying) of wounded allies to any medic (& only to medics) that I'll release in some weeks' time, RL permitting.

...(all I have is DAPMEDIC which makes medics more active in the field)..."-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;@Blastcore_visuals;@JTD;@stmovement;@DAPMEDIC;@INKO" ....

Hi Pachira

I suspect the DAPMEDIC mod is the problem here, just a guess as I dont know the details of it.... try running without that enabled...

Another thing I noticed is that you have 3 versions of @CBA running, if you have A2CO then you only need the basic @CBA, the other 2 are for standalone installs:

This from the CBA readme file...

@CBA => Copy this directory to your Arma II game directory (see manual for more details).

@CBA_OA => Copy this aswell, but only if you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation.

@CBA_A2 => Copy this if you have ArmA II but not Arrowhead.

Not sure if it causes any errors though... :)

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

...Is there any chance we could get 1.21 version of Utes map soon...

Flashpoint Utes BAF version was just updated!

It is in the same download as Flashpoint Chernarus BAF version... The vanilla A2 versions will be updated v soon :)

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

...DAP's AI first aid support addon...that is what adds the dragging & so on...

Thanks Orcinus, you beat me to it :)

Another thing I noticed is that you have 3 versions of @CBA running, if you have A2CO then you only need the basic @CBA, the other 2 are for standalone installs

That's correct for the last 'official' release, 0.86.something, however the CBA 1.00x.pre series has three separate folders & all 3 must be installed for CO (apparently due to the need for compatibility with ToH, which has some commands/features not present in OA or A2).

Flashpoint Utes BAF version was just updated!

Great, thank you :)

Thomsonb, I'm a big fan of your missions. Would it be possible for you to create some sort of Work in progress list where you can list features that you are planning on adding?

I'm definitely looking forward for updated objectives. That would give some depth to the mindless shooting that we've got right now. Especially if it'll be something relevant that will have an impact on the battlefield.

I'm definitely looking forward for updated objectives. That would give some depth to the mindless shooting that we've got right now. Especially if it'll be something relevant that will have an impact on the battlefield.

Well I like the 'mindless shooting" :P

Nah - objective system would be added fun, but I hope it will be an option rather than replace the current model, which is great if one only has 15-30 minutes to spare & in need a quick fix of blowing stuff up, etc.

@thomsonb: with the revision to 1.21, it probably makes more sense to port the newest version to Podagorsk. I can merge most of what I've already done into that.

Edited by Orcinus

Hi JetlinerX

Hope your performance issues have been solved JetlinerX, the scripts are optimised a bit more in the latest version.

Also maybe you need a full reinstall of A2 and make a new clean arma2oa.cfg file too?

Yeah, they are solved, it was one of the mods, and I still dont know what one. So far, I am just adding in 1 by 1 till I find it, and then, I will remove that one. xD Anyway, LOVING the list of those features, really liking two of them, which are civilians and civilian cars (maybe you can populate entire towns to be civilian too?) and the bases. It would be awesome to stumble upon a random FOB! Just make sure you have them heavily defended as they should be! :)

I seriously cant wait for the full MP version, we (my friend and I) are having so much fun with it, and we are so excited about vehicles soon! :D

Keep up the great work!

~Slade

Thomsonb, I'm a big fan of your missions. Would it be possible for you to create some sort of Work in progress list where you can list features that you are planning on adding?

See his reply to me, he listed all of the things he has in mind right now! :)

Edited by JetlinerX

thomsonb,

your list of updates (# 108) is very impressive. I am really looking forward to these improvements. Thank you for your work!

Well I like the 'mindless shooting" :P

Nah - objective system would be added fun, but I hope it will be an option rather than replace the current model, which is great if one only has 15-30 minutes to spare & in need a quick fix of blowing stuff up, etc.

@thomsonb: with the revision to 1.21, it probably makes more sense to port the newest version to Podagorsk. I can merge most of what I've already done into that.

It really depends on how you've configured your game, because a lot of the time you simply cannot afford to engage in mindless shooting.

In fact there are quite a few times where I'm forced to pick my battles because I know I'm effectively surrounded.

...with the revision to 1.21, it probably makes more sense to port the newest version to Podagorsk. I can merge most of what I've already done into that.

Good Idea, it is mainly modular, so just check the last modified dates on my .sqf files and copy over the newer ones!

There are a few minor changes in init.sqf, and a new entry in description.ext

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

...a lot of the time you simply cannot afford to engage in mindless shooting. In fact there are quite a few times where I'm forced to pick my battles because I know I'm effectively surrounded...

Thats a good point Pd3, its only as "mindless" as you want it to be! If you play strictly, without using position marker on the map, and trying to survive as long as possible, it can be very tricky!

B

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Hi

As promised, v1.21 updates for Flashpoint Chernarus and Utes vanilla version are released

Please download from the usual place

chernarusOverview2.JPGutesOverview2.jpg

Cheers

B

Edited by thomsonb

I know you've probably heard it a million and one times, but after playing the beginning of the Eagle Wing campaign, I would love to be able to start in an attack, or transport heli, and drop off, or cover some troops as they make their way into a city. :3

It would also be nice if you get an option to start in a heli, plane, tank, car, etc.

As well as my "starting as a civilian news reporter" still stands as a suggestion too :)

It really depends on how you've configured your game, because a lot of the time you simply cannot afford to engage in mindless shooting.

In fact there are quite a few times where I'm forced to pick my battles because I know I'm effectively surrounded.

Well, my comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek ;)

Not a fan of Rambo-style SSS missions, myself. For example, sometimes I play as an FR medic, picking up sole-survivor wounded as support, where if I have an objective it's to treat as many wounded allies as possible whilst taking out any enemy in the near- or not-so-near vicinity.

Good Idea, it is mainly modular, so just check the last modified dates on my .sqf files and copy over the newer ones!

There are a few minor changes in init.sqf, and a new entry in description.ext

Thanks, that's helpful.

Hmm - on objectives - would an option be to select say a nearby town or a major feature in a city (say, a harbour or a train or power station) & make that the final waypoint for all groups? To 'win', the players' side would have to maintain a perimeter of say 100m radius around the objective for, say, 30 minutes. Could make the perimeter radius proportional to number of groups, and the time adjustable.

Same random start for positions. Might want to have ammo caches for both sides scattered in/around the objective. Those could be random, if they end up on a roof it's just another challenge for the player :)

Might adapt moderately well to MP - to some extent emulating various game modes for PvP, CTF, etc.

Please avoid a "winning" scenario. Sometimes I would want to do multiple objectives in 1 play through, and dont want to end the mission after I complete one objective. I think "winning" should be whenever you decide to quit. (<-- Sounds strange haha)

Please avoid a "winning" scenario. Sometimes I would want to do multiple objectives in 1 play through, and dont want to end the mission after I complete one objective. I think "winning" should be whenever you decide to quit. (<-- Sounds strange haha)

That's a really good point (assuming my idea on objectives is feasible & won't involve huge amounts of work). Perhaps after one side has held an objective for a given period, the objective location is switched to some other feature - a nearby town/village, etc. It might tend to favour the attacking side initially, but so what?

Exactly. If it's just one mission before game end, it seems like just a highly dynamic objective based mission. I want this to feel like a highly dynamic, full scale war, that happens to have objectives. ;)

Please avoid a "winning" scenario. Sometimes I would want to do multiple objectives in 1 play through...

I agree with you on that one JetlinerX, I think the objectives should not end the game. Right now the objective system ends the mission, which is a bit limited. I know the objective system is lame at the moment. The new system will allow multiple objectives, and will affect the behaviour of the AI groups.

Status update:

Im still working on the MP coop version, some progress, with vehicle spawning complete, expect an updated test version soon. Lots of small snags with locality and sync over the network have been found... Testing is more time-consuming and difficult in a MP mission, and I'm learning as I go how to avoid the pitfalls of the MP environment :) Please be patient!

Cheers

B