Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 92333 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

New changelog is the same as in betabuild 92209? Is BIS going to improve AI for A2OA anymore or will the next betas/final "just experimenting/fixing here and there" until A3 is released??

The purpose of the last 2 releases was to fix the dedicated server exe not being updated in the past few releases due to build problem, so there should be no new changes, but the server exe should now be updated.

The purpose of the last 2 releases was to fix the dedicated server exe not being updated in the past few releases due to build problem, so there should be no new changes, but the server exe should now be updated.

Will the updated server exe appear on a popular mod utility? ;)

Is @JayArma2Lib_New available outside of Six Updater? I'm using @JayArma2Lib v1.4.38 now for 1.60 vanilla, would like to try it with the latest betas having callExtension support, and don't have SU installed right now.

Is @JayArma2Lib_New available outside of Six Updater? I'm using @JayArma2Lib v1.4.38 now for 1.60 vanilla, would like to try it with the latest betas having callExtension support, and don't have SU installed right now.
Did you mistake this thread for the ACRE/JayArma2lib thread?

I mentioned it here as you brought up the issue about the dsound.dll in the last beta thread.

ok, BattlEye support shall be live, have fun in MP with this

Sorry if it's not a "right" request, but any plan for linux dedi based on last beta ?

thanks,

I've not played this beta too much but until now seem smooth and stable...

I have long since rare effects in the eyes of the units when they move and above all the bodies in the eyes disappear and only the holes are empty on their faces.

this bug is only in Arma2 OA + Arma 2 + BAF + PMC , Arma 2 without expasions looks fine

Someone else has this bug? or is my configuration

My spec:

Phenom II x4 965 Black edition

Western Digital WD30EZRX 3 TB

Western Digital WD1500BLHX VR 150 GB VelociRaptor

8 GB kingston hyperx blu ddr3 1600

motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO

Corsair CMPSU-850AX

GeForce GTX460 1024MB TGT Ultra Charged Edition

It is not a major fault but it looks ugly

Thanks for all the betas and patches that make this sim the best of my life

Sorry mi English is no good :(

With this beta and the last I'm getting almost a 'film grain' effect on grass and trees with traditional AA and atoc=7 enabled. It's almost like a very fine version of the white dots that would occur on certain AA/AF settings previously. Running catalyst 12.4 and a 6950.

With this beta and the last I'm getting almost a 'film grain' effect on grass and trees with traditional AA and atoc=7 enabled. It's almost like a very fine version of the white dots that would occur on certain AA/AF settings previously. Running catalyst 12.4 and a 6950.

screenshot please ...

Here are some screenshots that show the phenomenon. They don't seem to show up as well in these screenshots so let me know if you need me to upload .bmps instead that show it a little more clearly. It's easiest to see around the edges of the grass/trees.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/arma2oa2012042713315813.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/arma2oa2012042713320198.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/arma2oa2012042713320692.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/arma2oa2012042713321299.jpg

Also, I used imageshack to upload the photos, is there a more recommended way of posting screenshots?

Edited by Cereth

To be honest Cereth I am having difficulty in seeing the issue in those pics - perhaps you should link to some higher resolution images.

If anything it looks a little like the sharp filter is in effect.

What are your PPAA and PPAA_LEVEL settings?

For that test I disabled all PPAA options (I only use SMAA/ultra which I believe is PPAA=3/level=3, I always make sure to not use FXAA/Sharp Filter, hurts my brain), it only appears when running traditional AA with ATOC, and it doesn't appear before the last 2 betas. I'll take some better screenshots and upload them, it's absolutely distracting to me.

imageshack tells me my .bmp's are too big, here's a better screenshot that I marked the most noticeable area. It's much easier to see while playing than these screenshots would have you believe.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1088/testbl.jpg (693 kB)

If anyone knows a better way of sharing screenshots please let me know!

Edited by Cereth

that's the AToC versus AA ... what's your graphics card and drivers ...

recently things will go more and more broken with AToC vs forced/ingame AA vs new drivers

PPAA (SMAA/FXAA) will be w/o these issues

I'm running a Radeon 6950 2GB and Catalyst 12.4 WHQL. I do like SMAA, but it doesn't work so well in certain situations where aliasing is still very apparent. I really like what ATOC does for the trees but I guess I can turn it off :(

can You show us what's wrong with best SMAA in this beta vs normal AA ? (i don't mean now the bug with AToc)

please note this week released updates have improved PPAA quality

I must say that driving with the mouse has gone from sort of bad to kind of amazing with the changes made.

You could drive using mouse with old system -.-

Well, you could, but you wouldn't really want to ;) Don't think I've seen a game with such awkward vehicle control system, except for ARMA 1 that is. It's so much better now.

Agree that mouse driving is great now (driving with old system was NOT good!). Of course, for those that can't use the new system well, having a toggle would help them.