Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Slatts AUG pack

Meant for the MIDF mod, I decided to do the AUG weapons outside of it which will give me a bit more freedom in terms of scopes/sights and other accessories

I plan do include the following

AUG A1

variants: M203/9MM/LSW

AUG A2

variants: M203(will be included with optics below)

holo sight

red dot

elcan

KITE NV sight

LSW with acog

9mm with holosight

they will all come with 30 and 42 round mags, i may even make a beta C-mag for the LSW

heres a few pictures of the AUGs from the MIDF box

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-03-1016-15-04-82.jpg Kite sight

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-03-1016-14-29-37.jpg Elcan

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-03-1016-13-54-57.jpg 9MM para A1

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma2oa2012-03-1016-13-29-00.jpg Standard A1

thanks to C.1987 for getting permission to port them and doing the porting (the name of the author eludes me atm)

and to da12thmonkey and vilas for the Kite and elcan respectively, also SomeBloke for the new sounds

suggestions are very much welcome and I hope you like what you see so far :)

Edited by Slatts

Looking good Slatts! I really like the look of your para version, it seems to be coming together nicely.

Looking good Slatts! I really like the look of your para version, it seems to be coming together nicely.

Great for a FIDF setup!

you read my mind :P

looks like a great little pack so far :). will we see any Irish Troops to go with it in the future?

Edited by R0adki11

If you have the polygons, slatts, I discovered something that helps the look of tranparent objects while I was working on some liquor bottles (and trust me, I know what an empty liquor bottle looks like :p).

It really helps the look if you can make an inner surface to the plastic. Then you have highlights and shadows on the inside surface, and it makes the whole thing look a lot more dynamic. What I did was just copy the bottle mesh, flip it inside out, and them move the vertices by their normals in o2. If you're not sharing the same UVs (which seems alittle excessive for a magazine), you can make changes to the material of the inner wall to make it darker and make the light the same colour as the plastic to give it that filtered look. Notably absent in this method is light distortion through refraction, sadly.

If you have the polygons, slatts, I discovered something that helps the look of tranparent objects while I was working on some liquor bottles (and trust me, I know what an empty liquor bottle looks like :p).

It really helps the look if you can make an inner surface to the plastic. Then you have highlights and shadows on the inside surface, and it makes the whole thing look a lot more dynamic. What I did was just copy the bottle mesh, flip it inside out, and them move the vertices by their normals in o2. If you're not sharing the same UVs (which seems alittle excessive for a magazine), you can make changes to the material of the inner wall to make it darker and make the light the same colour as the plastic to give it that filtered look. Notably absent in this method is light distortion through refraction, sadly.

i know what they look like empty too :p thanks for the tip

@roadkill, who knows, i wanna do a few smaller things before i get into it again, maybe around arma3 time

also gonna add a scope for a DMR/sniper version

Edited by Slatts

Good Slatts! I very mutch waiting a new AUG's, front handgrip be downed?

so far no, i tired the M4 grip animation but it didnt fit right. i'll try the L85 sine thats bullpup and see what happens

Nike619

I appreciate your enthusiasm, however, asking for news is considered spam on these forums. If modmakers have news they will post it.

+1 warning for spamming.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

only thing new are the back up sights for the standard and DMR version :)

5000 word essays are getting in the way of major progress

...the name of the author eludes me atm...

You're welcome :)

You're welcome :)

are they yours? i was told they were fps banana for CS..

Ive been trying to find the link to credit the author but i cant atm, or are you taking the piss? :D

Pretty sure they're my ones. It looks like they're an unbinarized version - I have the max source files, p3d's, and PSD's that might be considerably easier to edit. You PM'd me waaay back in 2009 about them! Flick me a PM if you want the source and I can send you the mediafire link to the actual source files.

that PM was about using yours for some Irish units

one way to be sure, does yours have a red dot textured onto the scope?

that PM was about using yours for some Irish units

one way to be sure, does yours have a red dot textured onto the scope?

Absolutely no idea :) It's been quite a long time! And it doesn't matter anyway :) I simply offering the source files, they might be some use - it appears you have some tri-edges turned incorrectly in the initial picture that cause some corruptions.

Absolutely no idea :) It's been quite a long time! And it doesn't matter anyway :) I simply offering the source files, they might be some use - it appears you have some tri-edges turned incorrectly in the initial picture that cause some corruptions.

thanks for the offer, might save me some time on the A2 version, cant get the rail right

i always wondered about the magazines ... did they actually use STANAGs in polymer or their own varient ?

i always wondered about the magazines ... did they actually use STANAGs in polymer or their own varient ?

afaik they arent stanag compatible mags, so you couldnt put one in an m4 and vice versa. there is a variant that takes stanag mags. this is in real life of course ;)

to make it easier in game i might make it possible to put stanag mags in them, but them you miss out on the 42 round mags :D