Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.2 released

Guys

Secondary missions excluded from current version ja?

If you mean patrol ops - no its included and yu have to sign in to special operations at mhq (either baf or us)!

Enjoy

Ehm..i have to add i m using last 4.21 (but ACE still 4.20 in zip) version (CLAfghan)

I checked everywhere possible location around the FOB and menus/but no relevant option for Special missions :///

Of course i know we are few days before 4.3 version -so if no other solution..i 'll wait :)

Edited later

------------------

Oh i forgot!..

You think there will be any 'problematic' behavior to A.I. with all A.I related scripts used

if i combine the ASR_AI_Skillz?

..or better leave A.I as is (MSO+ACE)?

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hi, I was wondering are you going to add any of the Blufor sides into the enemy spawning modules? I am building a MSO with the RACS and would like to have the US Army and the Takistanis battling each other and the RACS.

I also had problems with the Patrol Ops portion, I got the mission to steal a vehicle from the enemy, so I got the vehicle back to base but the mission won't complete. So I took a look at the code and I see their is supposed to be a marker where you are supposed to take the vehicle to end the mission. The marker shows up on a locally hosted version but not on a dedicated version.

Thanks for the awesome MSO gamemode.

Hi, I was wondering are you going to add any of the Blufor sides into the enemy spawning modules? I am building a MSO with the RACS and would like to have the US Army and the Takistanis battling each other and the RACS.

I also had problems with the Patrol Ops portion, I got the mission to steal a vehicle from the enemy, so I got the vehicle back to base but the mission won't complete. So I took a look at the code and I see their is supposed to be a marker where you are supposed to take the vehicle to end the mission. The marker shows up on a locally hosted version but not on a dedicated version.

Thanks for the awesome MSO gamemode.

Thx for letting me know - ive tested that quite often and the marker is either at baf or us base (somezimes it takes a bit to find the pos), it is not visible tough (i will look into that, so mybe i can make it visible). I widend the trigger radius to 100 mtrs in 4.3 so if you drive in one of the bases it will succeed, same is with pow and other resuce missions.

Enjoy

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Ehm..i have to add i m using last 4.21 (but ACE still 4.20 in zip) version (CLAfghan)

I checked everywhere possible location around the FOB and menus/but no relevant option for Special missions :///

Of course i know we are few days before 4.3 version -so if no other solution..i 'll wait :)

Edited later

------------------

Oh i forgot!..

You think there will be any 'problematic' behavior to A.I. with all A.I related scripts used

if i combine the ASR_AI_Skillz?

..or better leave A.I as is (MSO+ACE)?

Yo m8!

It could be that its either in baf or us base on clafghan. Check the other Base too please. I have changed the way of calling and aborting ops completely in 4.3 so these issues will be gone!

Kremator uses ASR_AI and DAP_first aid together with mso and ZKs battlezone, and it is very nicely working. Be sure that AI doesnt steal your weapons from your crate tough - those little buggers :-)

Be sure that AI doesnt steal your weapons from your crate tough - those little buggers :-)

looooool :D

It is superb to see the AI rearming, healing and fighting in a more realistic way. Once 4.3 comes out I will be porting my mission over to it (and then putting I44 in it as well!)

Hurry up and release team :) Just kidding!

Four Points of interest

a) Any of you guys encountered BLUFOR cannot seize territory when Reezo's_EOD is active?

In two of our sessions (fresh sessions everytime due to testing) we got stuck at 1st selected location for at least 2 hours

searching for remaining enemy forces...without success

b)Even i had Reezo's_EOD server installed and properly activated via parameters,i couldn't find that "special device" that detects and intercepts possibly threatening transmissions to any of boxes.

c) When in use Nielsen_C.I.M. or ACE_Civ_VerbalCommands makes a X amount of friendly A.I. to stuck and/or remain at "busy" state/out of player control.

d) Sometimes i used the ASR_AI and got strange behavior of enemy troops been stuck to a endless loop of

get-in-jeep//disembark-jeep

*I m using ACE//JSRS// BIS_beta patch 90242 and occasionally the above addons in CLAfghan_MSO_ACE_4.20..in Dedi server

--------------

Edited by GiorgyGR

a) Not encountered this first one, and I'm using the EOD mod as well. Will try to reproduce.

b) This I believe is a bug in v4.2, adding THORIII's to weapon crates will work properly in the next release.

c) Not played with Nielson CIM, but have not had any issues with ACE version. Mind you, I don't play with friendly AI in my team ever.

d) I use ASR_AI all the time and have not experienced any issues. This sort of behaviour is often down to an AI commander in the team order a dismount.

Believe me..i m eagerly awaiting for next release(s).

I wish i could 'lend a hand' in the workload you guyz have..but i m not good at scripting.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, we admit that 4.2x was a bit buggy. We're working extra hard to test 4.3 to ensure we don't do it again, so please be patient, it will be for the best! :)

Any active servers running this mod? because i havent found any and would really like to play this mod. Only been playing a little around alone on a LAN game i made myself

yeah the =GiFr= server run it with ace and clafghan for the moment

yeah the =GiFr= server run it with ace and clafghan for the moment

Yeah with a password on it

Hi everyone.

I am currently trying to setup a huge campaign for my clan using MSO, that will take several weeks / month without restarting the mission. 1) - has anyone experience with running this mission for such a long time (performance,etc). 2) Is there any possibility to increase the maximal number of respawns (>10 or unlimited) and to decrease the time to respawn?

In advanced, thanks very much for you help

Regards,

sw0p

Hi everyone.

I am currently trying to setup a huge campaign for my clan using MSO, that will take several weeks / month without restarting the mission. 1) - has anyone experience with running this mission for such a long time (performance,etc). 2) Is there any possibility to increase the maximal number of respawns (>10 or unlimited) and to decrease the time to respawn?

In advanced, thanks very much for you help

Regards,

sw0p

I noticed in Dev.Heaven issues tracker (and personal experience..) the version 4.2x had some problems related to respawn.

I don't really know what the upcoming version will bring to us but..as is now there is option to admin/parameters for

your guyz to have unlimited respawns.

Sorry-i can't remember the exact option/name but you shouldn't miss it if you take a look there.

Nomad respawn amount (3 to unlimited) and time to refresh are both in Parameters. As Giorgy said above though, 4.2x has some issues with Nomad and respawns.

Before planning a massive long campaign, I would wholly recommend a short test - try running it for 3 days or so. The longest we've ever had it running was 7 days, although by that time everything had pretty much ground to a halt and many of the scripts were either not working or behaving very strangely. Unfortunately the combination of ArmA2 engine and MSO scripting doesn't make a very solid platform for long term persistent play.

The next version of MSO is due to have many bug fixes and there has been some work done on performance, although as always it's difficult to find enough committed people to load test with more than 3 or 4 atonce, so we can't say what performance will be like with 30+ clients running until you try it.

VCB has worked around these issues in the past by stopping the server after 3 days, 'rebuilding' the mission in the editor (FOBs, vehicles, ammo etc that we had left after the previous mission) then starting from where we left off. It's not ideal, but until someone can work out how to save the status of MP sessions we're stuck with what we've got.

Thanks for your help!! Wow, 7 days do not sound very long - do you know the tool PersistantDB? It seems to be able to save MP Games - this should be a possible solution, if it works. - then we could run MSO for, lets say, 3 days - save the status quo, reboot and restart the saved mission.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111484-ArmA2-Persistent-Database-Scripts-WIP/page8

Any experience with that?

Cheers,

sw0p

sw0p,

PersistenDB is something we are looking at - its in the feature requests on Dev Heaven. At the moment the v4.3 release will be fixing some bugs. v4.4 will hopefully be focused on improving performance.

Tup, You're meant to be on holiday. Stop posting on the internet or You Know Who will be angry!

And yes, PersistentDB looks great, but it'll take someone way more cleverer than me to work out how to implement it for something like MSO!

Tup, You're meant to be on holiday. Stop posting on the internet or You Know Who will be angry!

..if you mean His wife just forget it!

Women's will be NEVER happy whatever you do..and rarely say thank you-so..

let that man to work for Da_good_of_community!!

*At least "I" will easily say thank you! :)

Hi there we gave this a go tonight on my dedi server me and two others.

We played for about 5 mins then had a suicide car blow up :P great fun.....

But after about 15 or so mins the server crased how and where can I send you the crash log if you want it.

I am not using BETA just the latest stable 1.60 patch.

I've been playing with myself on LAN to try it, but what actually happens if you kill civs? More insurgents or terrorists?

Theoretically 'Yes'

+angry civilians throw rocks when they see "your side's people". (..at least in ACE version)

Hi Tupolov.

I was just reading threw the EOD scripts in the MSO 4.21

at the end of the reezo_eod_fnc_spawnsuic.sqf you call

//Let's run the Suicide Bomber behaviour script and then exit

_soldier setVariable ["reezo_eod_avail",false];

nul0 = [_soldier, _bomber, _rangeMax] execVM "x\eod\addons\eod\reezo_eod_suicidebomber.sqf";

but x\eod\addons\eod\reezo_eod_suicidebomber.sqf does not exist.

left over script or an oversight ?

If its an over sight any chance i can get me mits on the reezo_eod_suicidebomber.sqf

Hope this helps ....