Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

bzzzz....wrong. ofp had a 'demo' out for free way before the game , which BIS adjusted the main game due to the feedback.

Ok, you got me there. The first time I saw ofp was on the shelf and seconds later in my hands, I have to admit.

I´m glad the demo had such a positive impact in your lives ;)

But did you have to pay for it?

The point is: if you participate in things like alpha- & beta-tests, you give your time to improve the software. demanding money for that is just bold.

From time to time, I work as a beta tester for a certain software company (not game-related). Yes, it´s work and I get paid for it. And now I should pay to do it? I´d allready give the most precious thing I have to give!

I dont like the idea of paying for alpha if it secures me a sprocket release.

I want to buy my copy from the shop not a download version.

I hope the alpha release is free to all with out any payments :(

Santa will bring community alpha. If you guys can behave until then. :)

I dont like the idea of paying for alpha if it secures me a sprocket release.

I hope the alpha release is free to all with out any payments :(

Yeah, I think this game shoud spread widelier by itself, not just Dayz.

You are one of the few and retail outlets have given up on people like you years and years ago. PC games on store shelves are basically a thing of the past.

You are one of the few and retail outlets have given up on people like you years and years ago. PC games on store shelves are basically a thing of the past.

Yeah I can't find PC games in my town.

Well you'll see games like Battlefield 3 and the latest Call of Duty, but it's a small rack and that's all there is on it pretty much.

What about stores where you buy a physical copy and go pick it up? There are still plenty of physical copies in storage, just not on the shelves.

yeah I dont care if I have to get a physical copy from sprocket I just like the box and have it on me shelf like all me arma stuff :).

I do have a BAF on sprocket and I all so have it on disk with PMC :)

PC games on store shelves are basically a thing of the past.

Here in Australia every shopping centre has at least one store full of PC/Xbox/PS3 games, maybe it's just an Aussie way of life but we love our game stores and prefer to buy games over the counter.

I don't know about you guys..but I bought both of my copies if Arma 2 and OA retail, from Wal-Mart of all places!

I have a question about community alpha. Do I need to pre-order the game to be able to play it like it was said somewhere in this video

? Or in part one of it?

Same here. Not digging digital distribution for games i really care about.

Well in this case digital distribution helped BI stay afloat. More so , buying the game via the BI store, BI gets the money and not the middleman.

I have a question about community alpha. Do I need to pre-order the game to be able to play it like it was said somewhere in this video
? Or in part one of it?

Nobody knows that. If there is no info in the first post, it means that there has been no official statement from the dev's.

i tough we have discussed it a ton? Devs reminded us already, community alpha will be FREE and for EVERYONE. Why people always trying speculate on that?

i tough we have discussed it a ton? Devs reminded us already, community alpha will be FREE and for EVERYONE.

no they haven't.

i tough we have discussed it a ton? Devs reminded us already, community alpha will be FREE and for EVERYONE. Why people always trying speculate on that?

Since when was this confirmed?

Same here. Not digging digital distribution for games i really care about.

why? Pretty much every game I buy these days on physical media is only good for the first install after that it's just a waste, i have piles of games that now have patches 30-40% the size of the game itself, better to just re-install via steam/origin as no patching is involved you just get the current version with no fuss...just my 2 cents there...

To download a game arma 2's size it would take at least a week on my internet. And I expect arma 3 will be even bigger. That won't stop me from getting the alpha, even if it is pre-order, but I would much prefer to have a physical copy in case something bad happens.

No, that is wrong!

The "Community Alpha" will be available to everyone by pre-ordering Arma 3 and thus eventually becoming a part of said Community.

This keeps the project alive, you can support your favourite devs and invest in the things you ask for. You don't pay to test the game, you actually spend the money for the final game and use the Alpha to improve the final game.

Once this first public version is out for the people who actually invest in the game, meaning those who want to get involved and use the Alpha for what it is; not a demo version of the game, there have been words about a BETA. Though that is something to look into in the future

Unfortunately, I can't quote it since it comes from the talks I had with Zipper5 at Gamescom :)

Speaking of which? How's that written report you promised coming? Is it still going to be published :)?

Speaking of which? How's that written report you promised coming? Is it still going to be published :)?

Oh yeah absolutely! :) It's currently 3 pages and counting.

I want to make it properly and sadly some of the recent events have been a big distraction, so you'll sadly have to wait a bit more :(

Good to hear you had so much to write about, and even better that it has not been abandoned in the first place! I will wait patiently now, thanks!

Only because the market was flooded with console ports which people refused to buy.