Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

I think what's being gotten at is "will ARMA 3 as of the community alpha take advantage of my good hardware or not and keep a consistently frame rate when the E3/GC builds couldn't?"

So what? Optimization always come last in software (and game) development.

You seriously expect a pre alpha version to run with stable high FPS?

So what? Optimization always come last in software (and game) development.

You seriously expect a pre alpha version to run with stable high FPS?

Correction: you seriously expect any ArmA game to run with stable high FPS? :D

Correction: you seriously expect any ArmA game to run with stable high FPS? :D

I do, and Arma2 does. :D

Try A1 with a current system.

Try A2/OA community worlds with a current system.

Try well made community missions or campaigns.

The reasons for low fps or unstable are pretty obvious in almost all cases:

• Too many AI
  • Too many players
  • Too many objects
  • Badly optimized objects
  • Too high quality objects (faces, textures, alpha)
  • Badly designed scripts
  • Too high VD

With well designed assets, scripts and scenarios you can easily have high and stable FPS.

Any news on the community alpha or even the game in general?

You would think the reason was quite obvious.

But you'll definitely know, as the forum will (almost literally) explode...

Silence, makes you kinda feel, like devs are now preparing for public alpha release. So maybe soon...

Silence, makes you kinda feel, like devs are now preparing for public alpha release. So maybe soon...

I would feel the same if it wasn't for the quite recent, unfortunate events. I have no doubt the work on the alpha is still being carried on but it feels like bi is battling on many fronts now and the alpha still not going to show up any time soon.

I hope we establish some stream of new information and communication from dev's soon again. Let's see if writing about it helps :p

Well the panic is kicking in I guess.

I doubt the game will be spoken of again before the events are resolved. Which also precludes an Alpha sadly...

I doubt the game will be spoken of again before the events are resolved. Which also precludes an Alpha sadly...

Best thing to do, which I have done, is to forget that ArmA3 was ever announced. Then, whenever or if-ever the Alpha is released, it'll be a surprise.

Best thing to do, which I have done, is to forget that ArmA3 was ever announced. Then, whenever or if-ever the Alpha is released, it'll be a surprise.

That's a good point of view :p

easier said then done :P

I already commented several days ago in another thread that Arma 3 has been cancelled, think I'm trolling, your wrong.

I already commented several days ago in another thread that Arma 3 has been cancelled, think I'm trolling, your wrong.

I just bet a friend of mine that if A3 comes out within 6 months I'd buy the game for him. Feels like a really safe bet at this point. Staff limitations due to jail and zombies, absolutely no word about a community alpha eight months after it was announced, the announcement thread for the game itself had no new press added to it for over a year (arma3.com's last update was in June and the Blog/Reveal thread hasn't been touched since 08-15-2011 but to be fair there's been screenshots and some awesome videos from various game conventions, just no official PR stuff really). Really all we've had has been snarky comments from the occasional dev and shakey cam footage from conventions.

Certainly don't think it's been canceled, but it's definitely delayed, a lot.

Yes, yes, we know. My super secret internal sources at BI confirm it too. Srsly. :rolleyes:

Certainly don't think it's been canceled, but it's definitely delayed, a lot.
A delay was confirmed even before the news about Ivan and Martin.

A delay was confirmed even before the news about Ivan and Martin.

A further delay, he means. If the game was set to release around Q2/3 2013 before these events, it's probably tentatively planned for 2014 now. I just don't see them releasing a game with Lemnos and the small island while these events are taking place over it. And if the situation is not resolved positiively.....no real telling what would happen.

It just annoys me a bit that we arn't hearing anything from them at all.

And when did you figure out release date was around Q2/3 2013? Wasn't it planned for Q4 2012 or Q1 2013?

And when did you figure out release date was around Q2/3 2013? Wasn't it planned for Q4 2012 or Q1 2013?

Through various forum posts by staff. No official mention has been made on their website though.

Their website claims "Q4 2012" still though, probably because nobody has updated it.

they said many times, realease - delayed to 2013, was planed to q4 2012 first, alpha - was planed right after gamescom, now delayed to later o the year, some were saying to q3 2012. So don't panic, take a pill and chill :)