yurapetrov

Blackhawks by YuraPetrov

Will this mod be on six updater aswell as we would like to use this in our clan as we use six updater repo's

Loving these birds Yura! I like seeing the MH-60L packed with troops, all cramped together.

Edited by Tholozor
Didn't see issue was known

I removed night vision from gunner's iron sight, because i believe that NVG is quite large to allow gunner's face move close to gun.

I like the thought about realism, but even with NVG's you can align your view with the gunbarrels. Currently you cant aim at all at night. How about just decreasing the Magic Zoom to simulate the decreased mobility, and enabling the NVG's? The Nightstalkers are able to use their guns with the NVG's too :cool:

I agree.

Gunner should be able to use their NVG and their M134 at the same time.

How about the loadout of the pilots?

Will you change it?

Oh, just one question about the formation lights.

Are you sure they are actually green ? I always thought these lights could either be yellow or blue.

I know sometimes the blue ones are referred as green but...well...they still look like blue :P

http://www.astronics.com/_images/aircraft-lighting/FL4.jpg

As was mentioned, the lights are green.

I dont think .50 cal can seriously damage tail rotor in real blackhawk. Bullets flyes through blades and just leaves a small holes. Try to hit in with RPG.

The blades can take some damage and still work, but the gearbox (or gearboxes) will take damage from the round and stop working pretty quickly. If the hub of the tail rotor takes a few hits from a .50 cal, it's not going to be a good day.

I removed night vision from gunner's iron sight, because i believe that NVG is quite large to allow gunner's face move close to gun.
I agree.

Gunner should be able to use their NVG and their M134 at the same time.

How about the loadout of the pilots?

Will you change it?

At night with NVGs, you're not using any kind of sight, you're using a laser (PEQ or IZLID), so you can provide fairly accurate fire while still being on the NVGs. Yura, your stuff is awesome, so if you can add this ability, it would make it that much better.

Downloading now, so haven't had a chance to mess with it myself yet. But looking forward to it. Thanks for the update.

Great lookin' Birds Yura! A couple of quick questions though.

How do you animate the UH60-L's doors using the helo's init?

How do you get AI controlled cargo to fast-rope? Do you have to call for the script or use a wp or something?

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting and such... Tried looking through the read-me, but was unable to find this.

Edited by Lt_Phoenix

At night with NVGs, you're not using any kind of sight, you're using a laser (PEQ or IZLID), so you can provide fairly accurate fire while still being on the NVGs.

Even IR Laser wouldnt do you much good, when you cant see anything. The head of the gunner is so far inside the blackhawk, you dont even see a 90° arc. the FOV is just way to small.

-is it possible to add FFAR on the UH-60L ESSS version?

Yes, it's possible.

Unfortunatly, i didnt include FFAR's pod to this pack, but you can use GLT Missilebox addon.

Put this to init line: this addMagazine "GLT_2Rnd_FFARPOD"; this addWeapon "FFARLauncher"; this addMagazine "38Rnd_FFAR";

And you will get this:

loadout1.jpg

You can add additional fuel tanks, just type it in ini line: this addMagazine "yup_2Rnd_ArmyFueltank"; This works fine with HH-60L Medevac with ESSS wings

loadout2.jpg

Also, you can remove all ammunition in editor

loadout3.jpg

Now, you can add more FFARS:

this addMagazine "GLT_4Rnd_FFARPOD"; this addWeapon "FFARLauncher"; this addMagazine "38Rnd_FFAR";this addMagazine "38Rnd_FFAR";

loadout4.jpg

using this, you can make any weapons combination, like this

loadout5.jpg

Is there a way to add the FFAR pod with vanilla version?

Or do we have to use GLT

These are some pretty f***ing excellent Blackhawks Yura, thanks for your work

That's amazing!

Thank you!

yura thx for your fantastic work:) thx so much

Thank you!

Is there a way to add the FFAR pod with vanilla version?

Or do we have to use GLT

Sorry, i will add BIS FFAR pod to this addon in next version. It will be with MH-60L DAP ;-)

These are some pretty f***ing excellent Blackhawks Yura, thanks for your work

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Hey nice release ! that's a great job ! ;)

Thanks!

Very good work yurapetrov. I know you're a stickler for details. This issue still remains though...

Writing reversed on pilot side

Checked the UH-60L ESSS and HH-60L Medevac ESSS(Medevac red cross numbering also "mirrored")

I'm glad you like it. Sorry, those reversed writing save aprox 4.5Mb for each chopper. I'm just using left side texture to right side. I will fix mirrored number, the door is symmetric so i can mirror door texture.

Thanks you for the update :)

Thanks.

hi yura.

in the readme, there is nothing about how to use the fastrope on MH-60L

Sorry, i forgot to add some fastroping notes to readme file. I'm using Norrin's fastroping script, so you can read about it here.

Have you done the weapon systems on the blackhawks in a certain way as my rearming script I uses fails to rearm the miniguns. Also I've noticed there is no IR texture mapping but this is beta so that is understandable. Missile warning has no sound indication. (Only visual)

Well, one guy promised me real missile warning sound, be he didn't send it. I think dont have internet connection, so when i get sounds i will include them in addon. Yes, IR textures are missing, i didnt make them, sorry.

Yura Petrov made an error when naming his mod folder. Called it "addon" instead of "addons". (Just add the s at the end)

Thanks, fixed in next release.

Outstanding job Yura ! The MH-60 really is a beauty :)

Moar pics here

Thank you very much! Great pictures!

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Thanks for mirror!

Love the mod, thank you ...

A little feedback: the sound in the chopper is VERY low and doesnt represent the real sound of this chopper when in flight, it needs adjusting to be louder.

Also, when turning the lights on, the anti colision lights come with the search lights together, is there a way to have the search light and anti colision lights not be bound together?

Thanks.

Thanks, i will think about editing interior sound. My previuos interior sound was too loud, ecpecially if you are in headphones. The currect sound gave me LordJarhead from his amazing J.S.R.S. mod, its much better and pretty quit, so it not annoying and you can focus on playing and flying chopper.

I don't know how to feel about this, i think the happiness has made me numb :P

Checking it out now!

You can have a Actionmenu option to enable each? i'll see if i can find a example of it and send it to Yura if he wishes.

Edit: Hmm, can't seem to find how its done :/

Edit2: They don't seem to turn on for me on the UH-60's :/

Thanks, i dont know how to turn on/off searchlight alone without the collision lights. I dont think the real chopper will fly with collision lights on above the battle, but if you need to turn search light on, collision lights dont make you more markedÑŽ

Okay, now after testing i see what you mean, i even tried with

vehicle player setHit ["mala vrtule", 0.95];

Is there a hitpoint set for the tail rotor or is it named differently from the default Czech?

But that's all really, great job as usual, can't wait for the DAP :D

Thanks, actually, this addon hasn't correct damage model, it has BIS fire lod from Arma 1, so i need to make new one.

I still have this post unanswered which you most proberly missed as it was the last before the new page :P

Anyways, I am also now wondering if you could possibly get your mod to work with a "working" and updated Medevac Module which no longer works.

It would great with your medevac chopper and it was something I used a lot until it stopped working on later updates.

Thanks.

Answered to your post above. Sorry, i'm not good scripter, so i think it would make someone, who knows scripting very well.

Made a nice picture of your MH-60L. IMO The best one out there. :D

Thanks. Amazing picture!

Will this mod be on six updater aswell as we would like to use this in our clan as we use six updater repo's

Sorry, i dont know who do placing addons to six updater.

Loving these birds Yura! I like seeing the MH-60L packed with troops, all cramped together.

I'm glad you like it. One question? Are you military? I do not want to using my work in military training.

Great lookin' Birds Yura! A couple of quick questions though.

How do you animate the UH60-L's doors using the helo's init?

How do you get AI controlled cargo to fast-rope? Do you have to call for the script or use a wp or something?

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to scripting and such... Tried looking through the read-me, but was unable to find this.

Open/Close door you can using this scripts:

<helo> animate[""MoveCargoDoor"",1]; - open left cargo door

<helo> animate[""MoveCargo2Door"",1]; - open right cargo door

<helo> animate[""MovePilotDoor"",1]; - open pilot's door

<helo> animate[""MoveCopilotDoor"",1]; - open copilot's door

where <helo> is name of chopper

to close door use the same script command with 0 value, like this

<helo> animate[""MoveCargoDoor"",0];

Looks, like i should add this to read me file.

You can read about Norrins fast ropes in this thread.

BTW yura, will you change pilots loadout?

make them only carry M9, smoke and M4 aimpoint?

These turned out very nicely Yura! Btw can you add a Replacement Config in the next Release? So as we can Automaticly replace the BIS default H-60's?

Dave,

Open/Close door you can using this scripts:

<helo> animate[""MoveCargoDoor"",1]; - open left cargo door

<helo> animate[""MoveCargo2Door"",1]; - open right cargo door

<helo> animate[""MovePilotDoor"",1]; - open pilot's door

<helo> animate[""MoveCopilotDoor"",1]; - open copilot's door

where <helo> is name of chopper

to close door use the same script command with 0 value, like this

<helo> animate[""MoveCargoDoor"",0];

Looks, like i should add this to read me file.

You can read about Norrins fast ropes in this thread.

Thanks a bunch Yuri! Looking forward to trying this out :)

Hey Yura!

for some reaosn, the 16x Hellfires UH-60 doesn't work for me. I use this script:

_spawnhelo = "yup_UH60L_Hellfires" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "helo"); hint "done";

and nothing happens.

when i use

_spawnhelo = "AH1Z" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "helo"); hint "done";

a AH-1Z Heli will spawn at the marker 'helo', but when i replace it with the classname of the UH60L with hellfires, the vehicle does not spawn. the hint 'done' still show sup, so the script definitely runs. Any ideas what could cause this? Or would you have a smaple mission in which it works?

Even IR Laser wouldnt do you much good, when you cant see anything. The head of the gunner is so far inside the blackhawk, you dont even see a 90° arc. the FOV is just way to small.

I see what you're saying.

@Yura,

The animated doors and modularity of the weapons/tanks is fantastic. Really nice job. Thanks for releasing as you continue to work.

I'm glad you like it. One question? Are you military? I do not want to using my work in military training.

I'm not, but there are some members of my unit who are former military, and a small handful who are active.

The CO of our aviation component is former Army aviation; he worked close to these birds, so I highly recommend his input. He actually posted those images regarding the MH-60K and DAP: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131380-Blackhawks-by-YuraPetrov&p=2284419&viewfull=1#post2284419

We plan to have the new update in our modpack very soon, the MH-60L is just absolutely fantastic. We love it to death.

Edited by Tholozor

Hey Yura, could you please reconfigure the weapon proxies to be a little more uniform? Ideally, it'll be like below so things look balanced. :)

--01 -- 03 -- 04 - 02
05-07 13-15 16-14 08-06
09-11 17-19 20-18 12-10

Right now, things look kinda silly. ;)

Finally! I reconfigured the weapon proxies as it shown here!

Question for you on the Fast Ropes... It seems as though the MH60L does not like to be used with AI deployed Ropes yet the UH60L has no issues and the AI will deploy the ropes without a hitch. Only difference I can see really is the MH60L has its ropes already hooked up and the doors open... is this how it was meant to be or is this a problem that will be resolved in the next release. Again, ropes deploy for AI controlled fast rope with the UH60L version but not with the MH60L. Hope this was helpful...

-Raptor

Looks like you are using someone's fastropes script, because i planned what UH-60L doesnt have fastroping ability, only MH-60L.

Looks like you are using someone's fastropes script, because i planned what UH-60L doesnt have fastroping ability, only MH-60L.

this is using your version of norrins script... sending the AI param to it to make the AI deploy ropes when at WP and it does with the UH60L and BIS blackhawks, but that command seems to not work with the MH60L... obviously, I don't want to use the UH60L version but was trying it out to see as well as the standard BIS blackhawks... is the MH60L only able to be deployed via player? will it work as a AI controlled bird and AI deploy ropes as in the original scripts from NORRN? I know its using your version as the ropes that deploy are the ones you re-made... :)

Do you have some special commands that we can use to envoke the AI deployment or instructions... I know you are a busy guy with getting everything done and would rather use it the way it was intended obviously... :)

Love the birds though - AWESOME Job!

Personally, I like the ability to Fast Rope from all the H-60's. As most of them can in Real Life!

Dave,