Sign in to follow this  
DementedFool117

VERY URGENT: Arma 2 Free people unbanable

Arma 2 Free. Alot of people join, do crazy hijynx, get banned, only to reappear after a while, still banned, but able to get in all the way and do all that crap they got banned for, again.

There seems to be a problem with Free not linking the GUID or whatever to the installation too accurately, and therefore, people can just do whatever they do, get banned, laugh, and come back.

I am 100% sure, NO DOUBTS, that it is THE SAME people, and not just anybody with the same name, I HAVE to say again, because lots of you are obnoxious to such claims, IT IS THE SAME PEOPLE/PERSON.

Banlist has the same names over 10x each, only with diffrent ID's all the time, and yet, 1 hour later, they come back in, diffrent ID.

So what, Bohemia, what have you done?

This started ONLY with the release of Arma 2 FREE, it might be a hack, but I really, really doubt it, since none of them have any hacks/modified files.

Whatever.

it's free anyone can register new MP key ...

buy and play A2: OA ... that's premium platform, newer engine and way more content in A2: CO (OA+A2)

Thank you dwarden, sadly we shut our Arrowhead servers down because of nobody playing but us 2-3 at the same time.

And yes. Arrowhead is a lot better, weren't there so many config errors in the pbo's.

We counted about 20 different errors related to weapon and vehicle cfgs.

AV8B, AK107, some Arrowhead vehicles,etc.

Lots of them are "no entry config.bin: ." or similar, happens when you get in certain vehicles, or grab certain (vanilla) Weapons.

No mods installed, just gameplay without anything.

There seems to be a lot of problems with the inclusion of Arma2 Vanilla PBO's and Arrowhead pbo's.

They (Bohemia) messed up the compability at some point, so as long as you ONLY use Arrowhead stuff, you only get errors related to the base classes defined in "Common", i think it is.

Arrowhead needs to be rewritten, at least a little bit, so it includes the base classes of certain vehicle and other pbo's (which, afaik, are stored in "common").

Yes. I know a lot about scripting and editing PBO's (veteran since OFP), and NEVER had that happen in any game or my mods, UNLESS I had some errors in the config.bin's or CPP's.

Strangely, there seems to be scarce info about these errors, since most people seem to use only certain equipment, as the errors dont involve ALL pbo's.

Mostly the tracked vehicles and weapon pbo/config.bin's seem to be "included" badly into Arrowhead.

Anyone saying "That is untrue" is a liar, Arrowhead has alot of errors related to config.bin's, even in the newest patch, which was the reason for us to downgrade to 1.59 + 1.10 again, arrowhead/vanilla-wise.

Edited by DementedFool117

huh? what you talk about ... what errors? is it reported in CIT (Community Issue Tracker) ?

also community moved to A2: CO (OA+A2) and A2 is mainly (with few exceptions) domain of freebies

As I said, mostly "entry config.bin: scope" or other errors; most of the errors dont actually show WHAT is wrong at WHICH file/spot/whatever, so there aint much that can be done. When you cant tell WHERE the error comes from. I guess nobody reported this, and since it has been an issue since Arrohead came out (and we all bought it) nobody seemed to care about it, and i doubt it has been reported.

I just don't know anymore, they don't seem to have given up on patching the game, but they patch things I and all of our clan NEVER heard of and never had any issues with, really, it is called "patching the wrong things".

I stay at my point: Arma 2 combined ops (Arrowhead + Arma 2) suffers some badly implemented config.bin references, and since you cannot tell WHICH files it exactly are (only the AV8B harrier and the AK107 error you can tell where they must be coming from/caused by) that are messed up, I just dont know what to do, anymore.

One error is about the "error .bin" and something about the av8b "hud". Only happens when you try to use an harrier in Arrowhead (Multiplayer).

1.59 has less errors than 1.60 too.

I've never seen those errors in the vanilla game...

You either have corrupt files or mods you are using are f-ing with something.

As I've expected, people are not listening.

NO MODS USED.

Multiple people get this, strangely only some people other than those playing on our Servers.

The Game installed right (of course), nothing effing corrupt, you non-listeners; you people can claim what you want, Bethesda messed up the implementation of certain things when they slapped Arrowhead together.

Furthermore, nobody reported most of the errors we get, so eff it, we will walk it off; and when Arma3 comes, we will wait 3 years before we finally buy it.

That way, it hopefully 's patched enuff so it's error-message-free.

That might show up if somebody joins with a mod enabled, even if the server doesn't run any mods

DementedFool117 you need to use more advanced protection, like IP packet scanning and filtering.

Search the forums for info how to.

---

A2 is still most popular in traditional PvP.

Strange, sir, I have never experienced such issues. I fully understand that there is "NO MODS USED". However, if you experience such issues but others, such as me, do not experience the issues. Chances are that there is something wrong on your end. This old be the result of a multiplayer game or you messing in your ad dons folder.

Good Day,

-Craig

Bethesda? Arrowhead? Slapped?

can you post details ?

arma2oa.rpt ? screens or w/e ?

also what build of OA you talk about? if it's something year old ...

majority of players is on OA ... so they would report it

Yep.

Uninstall the games, delete the folder, install them again in order: ArmA 2 vanilla, Operation Arrowhead, Operation Arrowhead patch 1.60. Launch from CO shortcut. Should work flawlessly. Set up server so it verify's signatures, so You won't be bothered by people with mods.

I don't remember when I last saw any game config error in CO, even with ACE. Also, 1.60 rocks.

Ok, I do apologize for making this look like a rant-thread, it is not.

I'm not the hoster btw., and good luck telling him.

My game is installed clean, everytime. Had to reinstall 3x because of HDD crash.

NOW:

I don't have a up-to-date rpt. Sadly. On the plus side, nobody'd be able to tell where "no entry config.bin: ." belongs to, really. I seen some vehicles like the British APC (forgot the name, the one with the 40mm bofors) had multiple entries "no entry config.bin: scope." and a couple others (scope, viewpoint and some others).

I redo my mods (when I use them, rarely) from fresh PBO's, meaning it takes me 2h each time a new update comes out to just redo my files SO THERE ARE NO ERRORS IN IT.

Some person in our server does the same, but KEEPS the old files, and doesnt realize, that something changed in the config.bins. So are the files on the server, patched but still messed up.

NOW after ya'll told me that it has to be my end, it has to be the SERVER HOSTS end.

As I said, when you patch your game, you check if your mods are compatible to it, right?

Well, ever since we got Arrowhead, we cant hear certain weapons on the server - that's right, Server got modified weapon files, and they are f*cked up. I (and ALL the others, even random new players) can't hear the SCARS, the ZSU-23 static aa gun, and some more weapons, like the M4AIM and way more.

I'm getting into deep trouble for saying this, but the Host doesnt know jackshit about nothing, yet thinks he knows it all and edits Pbo's, takes entries out of the pbo's. Tha's rite, deleting classes out of the pbo's,..., repacking, done, that is what HE DOES; NOT ME!!!!

I'm the editing veteran, as I said, and my mods work, oh they do. So do my scripts :)

That just aside.

Playing on other servers, no probs.

As I just now played on another server, no Problems indeed.

When I place a ZSU-23 in the Editor, it works just fine, and since even joeblow off the street has the problem with not hearing certain weapon sounds and vehicles and other weirdnesses.... I hate to blame, but host's files are f*cked up.

Yes, my files AND installation are clean, as I wrote, patching and everything goes fine, then I delete my old mods and restart from scratch, fresh files, no errors FOR me, all standard routine.

I just wrote this because of the host making those claims, and yelling at me because "Arrowhead sucks" --but I know, it sounded like I was talking about my own experience - when I play on the other servers, indeed, no problems. But on this particular one... telling some1 that you just can't delete stuff out of the configs or use old mods that override the new patched files... is like talking to a brick wall. Arrowhead rocks imho.

AGAIN: I was speaking for the whole Server, mostly host; while my game, meh, when I play elsweyr (meaning on other servers), no Errors, never.

The "Arma 2 OA slapped together" was a statement of the other guy. I only agree because of the errors that I've seen on that server. But now, I think it must be him. Ah well, you all got my point, and I'll get in trouble for writing all this.

I was wrong, and I shall be playing on our server with them errors, as long as that guy doesnt rethink and properly patch and leave the pbo's ALONE!

Edited by DementedFool117

Sounds to me like you should join a new server!

Almost always, if you are running a non-beta, problems like this are due to community mods, or modified community mods. Also you can't assume that when the game gets patched, every mod author makes sure that their mod is compatible - most do. Some mod authors are no longer active, so those mods tend to get less and less compatible.

If you are running a completely vanilla game and you are getting problems then the best option is to raise a CIT ticket, add your report file and some reproduction steps and then it will get looked at. If you are getting problems when a mod is loaded then the best bet is to drop a post in the relevent thread in th addons and mods complete section of this forum.

Lastly, I would highly recommend you use the Six Updater as this will help you manage your mods and take the pain out of getting them back again when you have to reinstall. It will take your 'hours' down to 'minutes'.

Ok, I do apologize for making this look like a rant-thread, it is not.

Could've fooled me, what with all the "anyone saying that is untrue is a liar / Bohemia (and Bethesda?) messed things up" talk, but kudos on the 180° turn. :D

I redo my mods (when I use them, rarely) from fresh PBO's, meaning it takes me 2h each time a new update comes out to just redo my files SO THERE ARE NO ERRORS IN IT.

What exactly do you mean when you say you "redo" your mods?

REDO means, when I install a new patch, I delete my old mods/backup as "Mods for Version XXX" for example (so I know which version they belong to) and then start over from scratch:

Unpack the patched PBO's, check WHAT has been changed/added/removed, and try to remember WHAT I need to change, since I change only minor things (Characters.pbo-> HUD Icons changed, for example, or Weapons.pbo-> sounds of certain weapons swapped), and then include/change it in my own Mod's config.cpp/bin.

I make my own addons (mostly for Singleplayer/Coop/Fun servers), but it is too much of a headache for me, at least when I try to change TOO many things, even though I know alot about addon making;

I just learned that from different games (Arma included), that when you make a mod, and then just re-use it without checking, if what you did to the mod conflicts with the original vanilla game, you get those and even worse errors.

"Could've fooled me, what with all the "anyone saying that is untrue is a liar / Bohemia (and Bethesda?) messed things up" talk, but kudos on the 180° turn."

Yes, sorry mates. As I said, these words are mostly from the server I play on, and I get this exactly whining in my ears all the time "Ahhh, Bohemia messed something up there", bla bla bla, NOT entirely my words at all and not my own experience.

Also, I play "The Elder Scrolls" ever since TES:Arena, an just confused Bohemia an BETHESDA for no reason, dunno what rode me there ???

I should've wrote "I just wan't to make sure that I'm being told about these errors (a lot of which I've seen come up during gameplay on these servers), that it is either the Game or the Server", but now you people have made it clear and opened my eyes: Arrowhead is not who is to blame, but I'd rather not explain WHO is to blame too much.

In case the right person reads this, I'll end up in a word of trouble; not that I'm afraid of anybody, just, you know, talking and explaining that THEY DID SOMETHING wrong, to some people, is like beating on a dead horse: I get yelled at, cursed at, and I'll be told I'm an idiot and don't know shit.

Yes.

Right: time to rethink about a server change.

welcom to wonderful world of BIS merchandise.

/sarcasm

be grateful thats BIS not accompany Arma2CO PR/Ads with complete/free set of cheats for vanilla Arma2.

/sigh

Dug up old thread because?