Sign in to follow this  
DrUzi

You have to be kidding me...

After constant frustration I never completed the ARMA 2 SP campaign due to a buggy and poorly thought out operation Manhattan... I gave up and decided to purchase OA to give me something to do until ARMA3 is released. And as I start the first mission in the OA campaign I am greeted with the same old BIS garbage. Rolling down the street in a car/truck talkig to some chump and then a friendly tank coming the opposite way has his turret sticking out to the left and collides with my vehicle. If I am not killed outright I am then stuck inside the vehicle with no option to get out... THE VERY FIRST GODAMN MISSION?! THE VERY FIRST 2 MINUTES OF PLAY?! You absolutely have to be kidding me...:mad: I will say this as nicely as I possibly can given the history I have with this series... CAN I GET A FUCKING FIX FOR THIS LIKE RIGHT NOW, or GIVE ME A GODAMN REFUND! I dont give a shit if you have to call steam corporate to get my refund, if theres no fix for this then that is what you will do or I will bust out my lawyer (yes, I do have one) and sue your asses for the 20 bucks plus all court fees. I am not joking here, this is inexcusable, tell me the fix or give my money thats all there is to it.:mad:

Are you using the 1.60 patch with no mods? The tank does seem to collide with the car but the car went on when I tried it.

If you want a refund, I don't think it's possible since you bought the game on Steam which is known for its all deals final policy. :)

You're probably not going to get a refund and you won't win a court case if you try...

So you would rather give up on the game and sue than use a single console code to bypass a cutscene mission?

So you would rather give up on the game and sue than use a single console code to bypass a cutscene mission?

Well hey smart guy, how about you give me the code to bypass the mission? I mean you took the time to type this garbage so how about it?

I have the ACE mod installed, if that helps. Does anyone know how to fix this or know a workaround? Thanks.

let me get that right you get that bug with or with out ACE? :)

...I will say this as nicely as I possibly can given the history I have with this series...
Given your history you should have known that the campaign(s) are -and never were- the strong point of this series.

Caveat emptor.

____

Let us know how your lawyer gets on after his disbarment.

The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the Program remains with you.

However it is warranted that the media containing the Program shall be free from

defects in material and workmanship under normal use and services and the Program

will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials, for

a period of 90 (ninety) days from the date of your purchase of the Program.

: The License shall be deemed to have been made and executed in

the Czech Republic, and any dispute arising hereunder shall be resolved in accordance

with the Czech law.You hereby acknowledge that you have read and understand the

foregoing License and agree that the action of installing the Program is an

acknowledgment of your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of the

License contained herein.You also acknowledge and agree that this License is the

complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between the Licensor and you.

I hope your lawyer is familiar with Czech law. You agreed to the above terms upon installing the game.

let me get that right you get that bug with or with out ACE? :)

Dont know, I installed the game and the Six Updater installed the ACE mods first. I never played the stock version so I cant say for sure. Others have stated their stock install works(though the tank still hits the car) so perhaps it is an issue related only with the ACE mod. Anyhow, I have the console command to skip the mission so whatever... Probably be using the end mission console command alot when ARMA3 first drops, so this will give me some practice.:rolleyes:

Dont know, I installed the game and the Six Updater installed the ACE mods first. I never played the stock version so I cant say for sure. Others have stated their stock install works(though the tank still hits the car) so perhaps it is an issue related only with the ACE mod. Anyhow, I have the console command to skip the mission so whatever... Probably be using the end mission console command alot when ARMA3 first drops, so this will give me some practice.:rolleyes:

you might also want some patience..

you have an unofficial mod installed and dont think that may be causing issues until you are told when you unload your rage on the forums

I am totally sure you wont get any refund from the game because its buggy or something, by buying the game you agree to its terms and conditions and licenses, this is a bit childish even going to a court with.

It is a bit cheeky to suggest that you get a refund for a game when the bug you are experiencing is likely to be caused by a minor incompatibility with some third party software.

Try the mission again without any mods loaded. If you are able to pass it, you have ruled out Operation Arrowhead as the cause. In either event, both ACE and BIS have community bug trackers where you can report your troubles.

You have to be kidding me, you complain about a bug, and not until asked do you bother to give the information that you are using mods? Well, good luck with the lawsuit... :D

Hey guise I've installed a 5th wheel on my car that is perpendicular to the direction of the rest of wheels. And the car drives like shit now. Should I sue this broken car's manufacturer now? I want my refund.

Hey guise I've installed a 5th wheel on my car that is perpendicular to the direction of the rest of wheels. And the car drives like shit now. Should I sue this broken car's manufacturer now? I want my refund.

I will admit to being very pissed off at first and that was why I said what I said, I didnt even think about the mod being installed. I am not going to uninstall the mod so I just need a valid way to skip this cutscene. Minus all the useless crap you fanbois are spewing, DOES ANYONE HAVE A WAY TO SKIP THE MISSION OR CUTSCENE SO I CAN CONTINUE PLAYING?! "SHIFT -" DOES NOTHING, SO HOW DO I OPEN THE INGAME CONSOLE? Thank you, that will be all.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Just to be clear... How do I open the ingame console? Useful replies only please.

Just because "SHIFT -" doesn't jump into your face it doesn't mean it does nothing. Simply follow the instructions given and you shall see....

:EDITH:

Good training anyway since this game often is about "following given instructions". Practice, young Padawan.

DrUzi, please refrain from typing in caps:

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided.

DrUzi - what mods have you got loaded other than ACE (if any)? I'll try the mission with the same setup as you and see what occurs. BIS missions are tested without mods and they can have a drastic effect on gameplay if the mission wasn't designed with them.

As for the console, it's invisible - 'SHIFT keypad minus' just allows the game to read the next set of keyboard inputs. If you do this and type ENDMISSION, you won't see anything on-screen, but the mission will end.

I am not going to uninstall the mod so I just need a valid way to skip this cutscene.

Playing an official campaign or scenario using ANY mods is an invitation to disaster. Countless issues involving mod use with official missions have been documented. REMOVE or DISABLE ALL MODS with official missions, or expect endless trouble and confusion.

I've played through OA and Eagle Wing with ACE and a whole mess of other mods. Of course, this is only a good idea if you don't pop a blood vessel in your head and froth at the mouth while screaming for your lawyer when you come up against a minor inconvenience.

It's Shift+ Numpad Minus

This thread has gone on long enough. Since the user is not interested in troubleshooting, and the cheat command to skip missions has been adequately explained, there is no longer any reason to keep it open.

In the future, DrUzi, please use descriptive thread titles. If you are not interested in helping us help you by eliminating possible sources of failure, then save us all the trouble and don't bother opening up a new thread. You started off threatening legal action and now you can't even be bothered to disable mods for a troubleshooting test. Ridiculous.