Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v4.1 released

Having an issue where even though we turn every AIR traffic option off, theres still 2x mi-8 or HIND's somewhere on the map we run into.. Why do they spawn, and is there a way to turn them off? Maybe a part of a WICT base or something?

Having an issue where even though we turn every AIR traffic option off, theres still 2x mi-8 or HIND's somewhere on the map we run into.. Why do they spawn, and is there a way to turn them off? Maybe a part of a WICT base or something?

yeah, thats probably WICT - if you are near a armored or air base also choppers and planes can be spawned. but also mso-convoys can have air support!

Well, I've been on holidays this week - and you boys have been very busy.

I will touchbase with Tupolov when he gets online and see where we are for release of the next version. Well done guys, its great to see MSO being used for everything under the sun - that was its intention after-all.

Does the Zora Module work on Clafghan? I dont really see any of the random patrols on that map. I was wondering if there a setting in the module that controls there possible spawn locations or if they only spawn on flat ground? Also never see any of the Wild dogs on Clafghan either. Thinking it may be related to all the hills in the map. Thoughts anyone?

Does the Zora Module work on Clafghan? I dont really see any of the random patrols on that map. I was wondering if there a setting in the module that controls there possible spawn locations or if they only spawn on flat ground?

ZORA works on every map, but you have to follow the instructions on how to set it up.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Zone_Restriction

Drop an appropriately named trigger and turn on debug (see enemy\modules\rmm_zora\main.sqf) - that will help you immensely.

Also never see any of the Wild dogs on Clafghan either. Thinking it may be related to all the hills in the map. Thoughts anyone?

Not sure about this one - again, turn on debug and see where they are spawning (see ambience\modules\crb_dogs\main.sqf).

Thanks Wolffy.au

I have been using your demo missions as a base for my own stuff. So far is working great. I cant wait untill you get that max AI limit 140 so the AI do not go over that. Thats going to be Sweet.

As for the CRB Dogs I turned on the debug for them and on Clafghan the hint says #0. I think Clafghan is just to hilly for them not enough flat area for them to spawn or something. Is there a line i can adjust for that?

Every other module i have tested seems to be working just fine. Had to adjust the min max on zora as Clafghan has so many hills you never make contact with them due to the type of terrain your in.

yeah, thats probably WICT - if you are near a armored or air base also choppers and planes can be spawned. but also mso-convoys can have air support!

Well that is kind of a bummer. Theres just no possible way to turn off ALL air, so we can concentrate on tank/infantry warfare only?

Wolffy.au?

Theres just no possible way to turn off ALL air, so we can concentrate on tank/infantry warfare only?

Remember that MSO is made up of any number of modules. If the developer of the module wants an option, they have to put it in there themselves.

There is a randomGroup function, but not every module uses it, so modifying it may not fix it.

There is, but you'd need to root around in the convoy code to remove air units. Probably easier just to disable convoys. Same deal for WICT - either dig inside the scripts for the air unit spawns, or simply avoid airbases or disable WICT and use just Enemypop. MSO is designed to be highly tweakable to suit your personal preferences.

This appeared when playing the new patrol ops version:

Warning Message: Script enemy\modules\roy_patrolops\mps\action\mps_unit_join.sqf not found

The mission was 'Rescue the Pilot' or something similarly titled.

Really good idea to put in the patrol ops missions. Adds a little direction to the gameplay.

EDIT: For reference, it's this script that's missing:

// Written by BON_IF
_capturee = _this select 0;
_capturer = _this select 1;
_callid = _this select 2;

_capturee enableAI "MOVE";
_capturee enableAI "ANIM";

[_capturee] joinSilent _capturer;

Edited by Das Attorney

This appeared when playing the new patrol ops version:

Warning Message: Script enemy\modules\roy_patrolops\mps\action\mps_unit_join.sqf not found

The mission was 'Rescue the Pilot' or something similarly titled.

Really good idea to put in the patrol ops missions. Adds a little direction to the gameplay.

EDIT: For reference, it's this script that's missing:

// Written by BON_IF
_capturee = _this select 0;
_capturer = _this select 1;
_callid = _this select 2;

_capturee enableAI "MOVE";
_capturee enableAI "ANIM";

[_capturee] joinSilent _capturer;

Thx for the Report. Will have a look into it

Also will have a look if i can find an easy way to exclude air from wict

It's already sorted in my version HH :) There were files missing from the original port.

It's already sorted in my version HH :) There were files missing from the original port.

Yeah, prolly i deleted ohne too much when sorting out unused files :-)

can anyone enlighten me on what the Spyder module is meant to do?

A while back, someone stated they had proof that any static object that had simulationEnabled would broadcast network traffic to all clients.

Spyder module is meant to scan for those objects, disableSimulation and supposeably reduce network traffic. TBH, I've done a little bit of research and cannot see any different in network traffic, but I've left the module enabled on dedicated servers only just in case.

If anyone has any hard evidence its obsolete, I'll be happy to remove it from the MSO.

Thanks Wolffy. I'm just a little confused as to exactly what it was doing. I did get quite a few objects disabled, but worried that they wouldn't be enabled again (unless hit I think).

I'll do some tests and get back to you.

Could you share that version if okay mate? Not sure if there's anything else missing from this one.

Could you share that version if okay mate? Not sure if there's anything else missing from this one.

krems version is also awsome!

i tested it quite well so there should be only very few bugs left.

Is there a way when using Ambient Sea Traffic to EXCLUDE some ships? Like Nimitz, LHD etc?

There is, but you'd need to root around in the convoy code to remove air units. Probably easier just to disable convoys. Same deal for WICT - either dig inside the scripts for the air unit spawns, or simply avoid airbases or disable WICT and use just Enemypop. MSO is designed to be highly tweakable to suit your personal preferences.

Wict off

Convoys off

Airunits no factions (off)

4/5 times = 2x heli's or planes.

Allmost impossible for my guys to go out without being killed within 10 minutes by either choppers or 3x t72's.. :S The 3x t72s are a feature thats been spawning since early versions of MSO, I hope others like it. I sure dont.

Must be Zora then? Would be nice to have feedback from the creators of how to turn this off or edit it.

Well I've never had that in our games, so that's pretty weird cos basically you only have Enemypop and Zora running? Zora is a BIS module, which as far as I know reacts to what the player is doing and spawns equivalent enemy - so if you're in a helicopter then it may spawn enemy ones to counter you. Again, like all MSO modules you can try disabling it to see if they go away.

For enemypop, if you don't like heavy army you could try selecting a different faction of enemy that don't have any. I do believe there is a way to reduce the % change of armour spawning in Enemypop, but it's not obvious how - maybe Wolffy can help us there. VCB tend to stick with militia and resistance OPFOR to avoid the issue of multiple tank groups spawning. Not massively helpful answer I know, but it's not something I've come across myself so hard to say what's causing air units to spawn on you.

Hey guys,

This error was thrown up when I was playing BZ+MSO+IEDs etc.

Error in expression <Count = 0;

if (!isnil "_showrules" && _grpSideId >= 0) then {

_ruleId = _showr>

Error position: <_grpSideId >= 0) then {

_ruleId = _showr>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _grpsideid

Its in Marta_local.fsm

Have NO idea what it means :)

ZORA will spawn equivalent enemy ie if you're in a Bradley, you'll find 3 x T72's will get spawned. Not sure about the choppers, but I assume its something similar.

@Kremator - MARTA is the BIS group marker system, not sure why its having issues. Best provide a repro mission and log a ticket in DH.

lol the repro mission is the full mission - I'm ALMOST ready to release it. Three of us played for 3 hours last night with 350-400 units, SMOOTH gameplay and ultimate in war :)

Have done a quick test on Spyder but haven't been a geek and analysed the serverFPS in excel yet. It didn't 'seem' like it was having any effect.

By the way ...Does ANYONE know why there are so many server objects not found in server&client RPT? It's not only a MSO thing but in very nearly every mission.