Sign in to follow this  
ravendk

Us marines

Hi all

I better poste this “official statement†here

Im working on some US Marines for OFP in O2 and they are soon ready. (Only need to texture the AAV7)

Here is what is new in the addon

Soldiers:

Marine SL - Squad Leader

Marine - Normal Marine

MarineGL - Marine w M16M203

MarineAT - Marine w Carl Gustav

MarineATLDR - Marine whit ammo for the CG

MarineRadio - Marine w an animatede radio

MarineDemo - Marine w DemoCharges

MarineMedic - Marine Medic

MarineDriver1 - Marine Driver type 1

MarineDriver2 - Marine Driver type 2

MarineLAW - Marine w LAW

Vehicle:

AAV-7 - Amphibious Assault Vehicle

Weapon:

M60E3 Long version

Here some pic (note that they are on a geocitie server so due to possible overload some might not work)

version b 0.4

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marines.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marines_1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marines_2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marines_3.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marines_4.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marines_5.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/frandsenpro/Marine_Landing_1.jpg

US MARINES

"The few. The proud"

Sounds good but theres a little problem, the links dont work. I get "This page is not available" from geocities confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ June 10 2002,19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have to copy the link and then paste it in a new window.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh thanks biggrin.gif

Raven you're doing a great job. These marines look really good.

Looking good, very good...I eagerly await release.

P.S. You can also see the pics by right clicking and saving them.

Good work overall Raven. The Marines look good, however I have to note that the AAV's...well they don't look quite as good. They look more like M113's modified with Milkshape or something. I recommend getting some guy like Scorpio or another highly skilled 3d modellor to do a high quality AAV for you that you can import into Oxygen. The AAV should have both a 40mm MK19 automatic grenade launcher and a .50 cal machine gun in the turret side by side. (The M2 barrel on it has a unique arrow shaped muzzle) The whole APC also should be longer then the one shown in the pics.

Also is one Marine carrying a PK machine gun in one of the pictures? If so please stick the M60 back in. If you want to give them a M240 instead of a M60 (I think in real life they've upgraded like the Army has to the M240), the Taiwan Weapons pack has a FNMag(M240) called the T-75. You could always use that one. Anyhooo...great job on the addon. Keep up the good work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 10 2002,16:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good work overall Raven.  The Marines look good, however I have to note that the AAV's...well they don't look quite as good.  They look more like M113's modified with Milkshape or something.   I recommend getting some guy like Scorpio or another highly skilled 3d modellor to do a high quality AAV for you that you can import into Oxygen.  The AAV should have both a 40mm MK19 automatic grenade launcher and a .50 cal machine gun in the turret side by side. (The M2 barrel on it has a unique arrow shaped muzzle) The whole APC also should be longer then the one shown in the pics.

Also is one Marine carrying a PK machine gun in one of the pictures?  If so please stick the M60 back in.  If you want to give them a M240 instead of a M60 (I think in real life they've upgraded like the Army has to the M240), the Taiwan Weapons pack has a FNMag(M240) called the T-75.  You could always use that one.  Anyhooo...great job on the addon.  Keep up the good work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

as for the aav7 the one on the pic is early beta... as for weapons... (pardon my freance) but why the f* hell woud i give my marines a russian weapon?!!! (no offence) the weapon the MG gunner is armed whit is a M60E3 Long...

On looking at a few more of the screenshots I just wanted to add a few more observations. The helmets on the Marines, are those modified WEST tank crew helmets from OFP? They should be the same Kevlar helmets that the Army wears. The goggles look good though.

Also back to the AAV-7, the sides don't look too bad, however the nose could perhaps be a little longer and as I mentioned before the whole thing could be made a little bit longer. The turret also needs alot of work. It should be a little farther back and on the right side of the vehicle.

For some excellent screenshots go to:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/aavp7a1.htm

All in all it would require a lot of hard work to get a realistic AAV-7 so I guess the one you have now is better then nothing as in fine for simulating an AAV. But if you can get a MK-19 40mm automatic grenade launcher along side the M2 in the turret that would be awesome! smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 10 2002,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On looking at a few more of the screenshots I just wanted to add a few more observations.  The helmets on the Marines, are those modified WEST tank crew helmets from OFP?  They should be the same Kevlar helmets that the Army wears.  The goggles look good though.  

Also back to the AAV-7, the sides don't look too bad, however the nose could perhaps be a little longer and as I mentioned before the whole thing could be made a little bit longer.  The turret also needs alot of work. It should be a little farther back and on the right side of the vehicle.

For some excellent screenshots go to:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/aavp7a1.htm

All in all it would require a lot of hard work to get a realistic AAV-7 so I guess the one you have now is better then nothing as in fine for simulating an AAV.  But if you can get a MK-19 40mm automatic grenade launcher along side the M2 in the turret that would be awesome!  smile.gif

Chris G.

well the marines helmet... lets take this from the top... the soldiers are all based on normal infantry... glases and strap are added.. as for the aav7 well im calling it a open project ei if anybody is abel to alter it for something better they can get the model to work on but only after contacting me..

so all in all...

the soldiers are altered ones

the aav7 are an open project that modmakers are allowed to alter, but only after contacting me

weapons - no russian ones only US ones (ei M60E3)

biggrin.gif

wow thats nice, i always wanted one of those amphibious transports, one thing, how fast can it go in the water? wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 10 2002,15:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I recommend getting some guy like Scorpio or another highly skilled 3d modellor to do a high quality AAV for you that you can import into Oxygen.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, he an me both have oxygen and we're working on it. He made the main model, and i am just helping him with some tweaks in the turrret and the size.

Ok, how about now:

aav7.JPG

Sorry the JPEG quality messed up the colours.

RavenDK is making his kool textures now. smile.gif

Body is ok but the turret is placed wrong look at this top picture to see where the turret should be.

am05-s.jpg

Turret also needs some work it doesnt have a flat front and have two barrels like this

aav7a1_3_3.jpg

Heres a good pic of the AAV from Fas.org:

aavp7a1-dvic381.jpg

Your model needs several things fixed:

-the side should be completely smooth (except for the EAAK armor plating)

-only the front half of the tracks should be covered

-the top should slant down on the sides, except for where the turret is located

-turret needs to be moved (like dkraver said)

-"bow section" looks a little too long now

-there are ridges along the side of the front/bottom hull

-there is only 3 antennae: 2 on the back on each side, and one opposite the turret on the left side of the hull

-there needs to be a bow plane on the bottom/front hull

-there should be another hatch (the troop commander's hatch) behind the drivers hatch

-waterjet systems should be in the rear, just above the tracks

Here is a pic showing the EAAK placement on the left side:

aav7a-s.jpg

And here is one from the right side, also a good one to use for dimensions:

aavp7a1.jpg

And here is a link that might help with the interior of the model:

AFV Interiors

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RavenDK @ June 10 2002,16:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 10 2002,16wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good work overall Raven.  The Marines look good, however I have to note that the AAV's...well they don't look quite as good.  They look more like M113's modified with Milkshape or something.   I recommend getting some guy like Scorpio or another highly skilled 3d modellor to do a high quality AAV for you that you can import into Oxygen.  The AAV should have both a 40mm MK19 automatic grenade launcher and a .50 cal machine gun in the turret side by side. (The M2 barrel on it has a unique arrow shaped muzzle) The whole APC also should be longer then the one shown in the pics.

Also is one Marine carrying a PK machine gun in one of the pictures?  If so please stick the M60 back in.  If you want to give them a M240 instead of a M60 (I think in real life they've upgraded like the Army has to the M240), the Taiwan Weapons pack has a FNMag(M240) called the T-75.  You could always use that one.  Anyhooo...great job on the addon.  Keep up the good work!

Chris G.

as for the aav7 the one on the pic is early beta... as for weapons... (pardon my freance) but why the f* hell woud i give my marines a russian weapon?!!! (no offence)  the weapon the MG gunner is armed whit is a M60E3 Long...<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't the M240 the US version of the FN-MAG?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ June 11 2002,14:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah

M240 = FN Mag

M249 = FN Minimi

i think he means the M249, not the M240...<span id='postcolor'>

No I meant the M240 FNMag. The M240 replaced the M60 in most of the U.S. military.

The M249 is a squad automatic weapon (SAW) while the M240 is a platoon level fire support weapon.

For a more modern mod, both weapons could be in a large 12 man team. More realistic would be four 8-man teams with each having a SAW and with the 4th squad also packing a M60 along with an assistant gunner that carries extra ammo (if he could be made to be like an ammo truck but just with M60 ammo). But I'm not for sure if the Marines organize their squads and platoons the same way as the Army. Best to ask a leatherneck about that. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

<span id='postcolor'> class TransportMagazines

{

class _xx_AK74

{

magazine="AK74";

count="30*1";

};</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

i think it can be made but i dont know for sure smile.gif

class TransportMagazines

{

class _xx_AK74

{

magazine="AK74";

count="30*1";

};

i think it can be made but i dont know for sure smile.gif