Sign in to follow this  
blakeace

Blake's PINS (Pseudo Inertial Navigation System) and Bombing

Nice, I only tested new version for a moment, but I think that performance improved. Also many thanks for laser button, it makes bombing MUCH more smoother.

Here is another small idea: I think that LGB's should wait 1 or 2 seconds before starting to fly into target, I would change this myself, but Im not exactly sure where I should put that sleep command.

Not able to use this as I should. Due to other onscreen dialogs I just get the circle with the cross through it at the top left and nothing else.

Any fix BA? I can send you the link. It may be interfering with other missions too?

Nice, I only tested new version for a moment, but I think that performance improved. Also many thanks for laser button, it makes bombing MUCH more smoother.

Here is another small idea: I think that LGB's should wait 1 or 2 seconds before starting to fly into target, I would change this myself, but Im not exactly sure where I should put that sleep command.

Good.

No Worries.

Do you mean before ejecting from the racks, or after turning towards the target? First is possible, second not, after they are fired, it is BIS code that controls the targeting of the bombs.

Not able to use this as I should. Due to other onscreen dialogs I just get the circle with the cross through it at the top left and nothing else.

Any fix BA? I can send you the link. It may be interfering with other missions too?

Not good, check your pm's, I have sent you a link to a test download just something to try to see if it fixes your problem. Basically it just switches PINS between the two different overlay choices we have available. Not point publically updating the mod until the issue is found and dealt with.

Please send me the link to the mission or addons you feel are causing the issue if the test version doesn't work. Unless I can replicate it, I can't really try and figure out a solution. I won't pretend to be an expert with the title resources, just enough to get the infomation required to display :p

Thanks for the feedback guys,

Blake.

Ah sorry, I thought that bombs are guided to target by some external script. If its hardcoded, then no problem, idea was just for eyecandy.

Small Update

Download available from the first post.

Version 1.01.1

• Added HUD secondary System menu item as an option for avoiding conflicting addons/scripts. Causes PINS to use the alternative resource layer.
  • Fixed a couple of issues when cleaning up after death, where overlay components would remain visible.

Thanks to Kremator for the feedback, private testing on this and taking the time to point me towards the mission to help quickly fix a couple of small issues.

Small Update

Download available from the first post.

Version 1.01.1

• Added HUD secondary System menu item as an option for avoiding conflicting addons/scripts. Causes PINS to use the alternative resource layer.
  • Fixed a couple of issues when cleaning up after death, where overlay components would remain visible.

Thanks to Kremator for the feedback, private testing on this and taking the time to point me towards the mission to help quickly fix a couple of small issues.

Anytime mate. It's a pleasure to help.

That final issue with the bomb reticle being active even in GAU or Hydra mode still there?

Keep up the good work!

Kremator

@Foxhound and SickBoy, thanks as always.

Anytime mate. It's a pleasure to help.

That final issue with the bomb reticle being active even in GAU or Hydra mode still there?

Keep up the good work!

Kremator

The only reticles I had were the standard BIS ones there, though they do look similar to mine. Everything seemed ok, even after respawning and grabbing new aircraft.

Thanks again

Blake.

Blakeace,

Any chance of linking this video to a Rover terminal for JTAC`s ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbo7S69FrirXBKVdP_2vbDmOb9La64gEijE0EOi0E28z7YH08Ing

I have used this in VBS2, but always prayed someone would be able to do it in Arma.

Blakeace,

Any chance of linking this video to a Rover terminal for JTAC`s ?

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbo7S69FrirXBKVdP_2vbDmOb9La64gEijE0EOi0E28z7YH08Ing

I have used this in VBS2, but always prayed someone would be able to do it in Arma.

Do you mean broadcasting the pilots camera video, or using the camera code as the video of a UAV that is being controlled?

Both are probably possible, the first would require some network traffic to keep the relevant positions updated, the second would be a new addon that would also need to deal with the UAV control.

Note I also know absolutely nothing regarding Rover terminals, the above comments are more about viewing the video.

Do you mean broadcasting the pilots camera video, or using the camera code as the video of a UAV that is being controlled?

Both are probably possible, the first would require some network traffic to keep the relevant positions updated, the second would be a new addon that would also need to deal with the UAV control.

Note I also know absolutely nothing regarding Rover terminals, the above comments are more about viewing the video.

Basically a Rover Termainal allows ground forces to tap into the video from a UAV, Sniper Pod, and the Lightning Pods. This allows JTACs the ability to see what the pilot/gunner are seeing through their pod, and they can easily walk them onto target since they share the same view. They can also highlight things on screen and do some other things.

For the sake of the game though, I think he is just looking for a way for the JTAC to look at what the pilot is actually targeting. Basically just duplicate the camera view for a guy on the ground. I'm not sure how that would work with multiple aircraft up though.

Updated

Version 1.02 available from the first post.

• Added map auto closes after selecting the steerpoint.
  • Added a menu item FEED that broadcasts your cameras video feed to an external unit such as a JTAC. (Alpha)(Hold zoomout key to access. Requires a camera).
  • Added a modded Rover terminal, an adaption of the default laptop that functions as a Rover terminal. (Alpha)

tTMI9qtSMtc

Note: This has only been tested by myself simulating the other half using the AI and dummy variables emulating other players on my dedicated server. Results may differ when proper use occurs sorry. Still quite rough, and any feedback would be appreciated. Ugly58 thanks for the idea.

Blake,

AWESOME !!!!!!

Thanks for building this, it is something that we will test to death at TFB. Unfortunately i am away from home at the moment so can`t test myself. Zirkle has given you a pretty accurate description of the basics, and in reality we don't need anything else other than a copy of the video from the pilots targeting pod. The rest is done on the radio.

Arma JTACing takes a huge leap forward toward reality !

@Old Bear and Foxhound Thanks as always :)

Will test this later on mate.

Cheers mate, p.s. I haven't been able to duplicate the residual bomb aiming remaining on? Sent you a pm with some ideas for you to look at to try and identify what's going on.

Blake,

AWESOME !!!!!!

Thanks for building this, it is something that we will test to death at TFB. Unfortunately i am away from home at the moment so can`t test myself. Zirkle has given you a pretty accurate description of the basics, and in reality we don't need anything else other than a copy of the video from the pilots targeting pod. The rest is done on the radio.

Arma JTACing takes a huge leap forward toward reality !

Lets hope it works. I haven't done any genuine testing with multiple players, just with an ai aircraft that was transmitting the same data on the dedi, so fingers crossed. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Note: I have tried to minimise the networking of the data as much as possible. The aircraft only updates transmits it's data once per sec, so the position of the camera effectively lags behind what the pilot sets it to by one second.

Edited by blakeace

I finally downloaded this the other day. I absolutely LOVE this mod! It's nice to be able to more accurately drop unguided bombs instead of dive bombing WWII style. Also I love th camera and being able to accurately use LGBs (I only play single player and I use ACE, and there isn't anyway to really deploy laser munitions playing alone...or a least I haven't figured it out yet)

One suggestion I do have is having this work with aircraft who have gunners (ie Su-34, Southys F-15s, meatballs F/A-18). I don't get any options at all with me as the pilot and selecting manual fire. Can't lase, can't use the camera, can't change ripple amout etc etc. is there a way to do it or is the still something you're working on?

I finally downloaded this the other day. I absolutely LOVE this mod! It's nice to be able to more accurately drop unguided bombs instead of dive bombing WWII style. Also I love th camera and being able to accurately use LGBs (I only play single player and I use ACE, and there isn't anyway to really deploy laser munitions playing alone...or a least I haven't figured it out yet)

One suggestion I do have is having this work with aircraft who have gunners (ie Su-34, Southys F-15s, meatballs F/A-18). I don't get any options at all with me as the pilot and selecting manual fire. Can't lase, can't use the camera, can't change ripple amout etc etc. is there a way to do it or is the still something you're working on?

I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the feedback, I didn't realise that was occuring, the actions have a logic to check if there is or isn't a gunner. Though in testing I found I have a check that looks if the player has no weapons it terminates the weapons management aspect of the mod. I will have to have a look at a way of working that differently.

Cheers Blake.

Hey BlakeAce, I have experimented with the ROVER on my local MP server, and My friend can connect and see my rover but it is locked off the wing where the POD is "located" The rover terminal cant see which camera is selected and cannot see it slew around. I tried flying and the rover and its the same deal.

Hey BlakeAce, I have experimented with the ROVER on my local MP server, and My friend can connect and see my rover but it is locked off the wing where the POD is "located" The rover terminal cant see which camera is selected and cannot see it slew around. I tried flying and the rover and its the same deal.

Thanks for the feedback Jumpartist, I haven't looked at that code in quite a while so not quite sure what is happening?

So you get the image but it is not fixed or following the point that the pilot is looking at?

The pilot had selected to broadcast his feed by the action menu I presume?

I'll have a look at it and see if anything jumps out at me.

Edit: I had a quick look this morning, added a hint to show what the feed is broadcasting from the plane, that data seems ok. I ran my little test mission which only emulates the information being broadcat from the plane and that seems ok. I'll have to see if I can hit somebody up to have a look at it in mp.

Are you running any mods?

Edited by blakeace