Sign in to follow this  
Whalenator

VOTE - "Most Anticipated Game 2012"

Voted, Arma 3 is pretty much the only game i'm interested in these days. I'm done with the EA/Activision stuff (no mod tools, and the same game over and over again with restricted options because of console considerations). I will only buy indie games, also looking forward to Rfactor 2 (racing).

i love arma3 and i am looking forward to play it, and its a game that i am sure i will buy. But the reason why i like arma series its because its a milsim, and that genre have a limited public, so its imposible that it would be above other games like: Mass Effect 3 Grand Theft Auto V , Diablo 3 , or DOTA2.

Lol, that list its definetively not right, for example Grand Theft Auto V in the midle of that list? really ? xD and WTF is "The Secret World"( i had to google it) on the top of the list :eek:

Im guessing alot of people don't know about this poll other wise ArmA 3 wouldn't be beating Mass Effect 3 but hey its good for us i guess :D

Im guessing alot of people don't know about this poll other wise ArmA 3 wouldn't be beating Mass Effect 3 but hey its good for us i guess :D

That OR Arma fans are craftier with their 'cookies' :rolleyes:

Voted ARMA3, passing Mass Effect 3 and GTA 5 are achievements, both are very popular franchises.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Gnat;2084208']Yes' date=' seems FAR too many games these days have to use every primary colour available, then rub it hard in your face ..... BAH!

Voted of couse .... but it appears many who viewed this thread couldn't bothered .....[/quote']

I don't get it, you don't even have to register.:confused:

Voted ARMA3, passing Mass Effect 3 and GTA 5 are achievements, both are very popular franchises.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

I don't get it, you don't even have to register.:confused:

3,000 views and only 461 votes towards ArmA III :O. I have a feeling there is alot of Dota players here

3,000 views and only 461 votes towards ArmA III :O. I have a feeling there is alot of Dota players here

I don't think views are individual users. The same 300 people could each come back to the thread 10 times and it would have 3000 views. Consider, for example, that there are ~81.000 users registered on this forum, but the Arma2 photography thread has almost a million views.

I don't think views are individual users. The same 300 people could each come back to the thread 10 times and it would have 3000 views. Consider, for example, that there are ~81.000 users registered on this forum, but the Arma2 photography thread has almost a million views.

thanks for the clarification

there is also a list over pcgamer.com

Best PC Games of 2012

Iron Front – Liberation 1944

Based on Arma II’s engine, Iron Front is a recreation of the Soviet offensive of 1944 in southern Poland. Taking the role of either a German or Russian soldier, you’ll be able to take control of tanks, planes and your own feet to destroy the enemy. Expect clips from it to show up in forthcoming ITV documentaries haplessly pretending to be real life battle action.

I see what you did there PC Gamer... :D

Put my vote in, I'm assuming site logs your vote with your IP address. Also I've must be living under a rock if the most voted game is DOTA 2 and I have no idea what game that acronym stands for.

Put my vote in, I'm assuming site logs your vote with your IP address. Also I've must be living under a rock if the most voted game is DOTA 2 and I have no idea what game that acronym stands for.

Defence of the ancients 2. DOTA 1 was a warcraft 3 MP map that became very popular amoung certain groups. One of my friends plays it and similar games to it like HoN. I honestly find this type of games rather boring.

Voted.

Of course there was only one real option I could pick (even with X-COM: Enemy Unknown being on the list).

Did you actually check what is that X-COM? Its definately not what you would expect (I say it with deepest regret possible as a long time x-com fan)

Did you actually check what is that X-COM? Its definately not what you would expect (I say it with deepest regret possible as a long time x-com fan)

Im talking about the X-Com: Ufo Defense remake from Firaxis (wich was announced yesterday), not about that name-recycling FPS thing from that other studio. Since Firaxis is making it, it may be worth something at the end. Go check out those links:

http://www.firaxis.com/news/news_detail.php?id=2011

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/05/firaxis-re-making-xcom-enemy-unknown/

(sorry for being off-topic..)

voted, although i know i wont be able to play it with my current system and i wont have the money for upgrades :(

almost voted Dota2 :D (not kidding) im really looking forward to it.

the cash cow argument regarding dota games is unfortunately true(i dont like LoL at all), however HoN (Heroes of Newerth- imho the best done copy of the original dota that i know of) is still one of the best diverse, varying and interesting teamplay pvp games out there. i hope valve doesnt fuck it up by adding wrong free2play elements like S2Games did in HoN and the matchmaking system must be really good

now slap me :couch: :D

p.s. also love the old x-com games, unfortunately the latest newest game that comes close to it (Ufo Aftershock - i believe BIS did the motion captureing for this game) doesnt have wide screen support, if it had i would still play it (i played the campaign (modded) for a 3/4 year and wasnt finished yet)

Edited by RunForrest

I've voted too... Mass Effect 3.

GTFO you have no place in this community which exists with the sole reason of worshipping OFP1, Arma and Lord Buchta. Or am I wrong? :p

Oh, and that was a joke.