Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

UGV's

I'm working on the Talon SWORD right now and have been offered assistance for the config's remote piloting part. It is a Tank-class vehicle, and I am setting the ejectDamageLimit to .99999 to keep the "fake pilot" from ejecting (like the PMC one does). That SHOULD work.

I need to find good pics for textures! Well, I'm finding pics online, but not ones I can use for texture mapping. I gave up looking last night, so if anyone has a side- or top-down view of one I would appreciate a link! Here are the pics I've collected of the Talon - need more "line drawing" kind of pics!

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%211981

I intend to build a SWORD w/ M-240, M-249, M-249 w/ GL, M-107, and AA-12. For the AA-12, I think I can use the BIS models via proxy. I don't think they will eject shells, but at least it will look correct.

I intend to also make the Russian MRK-27BT Anti-Tank UGV. I'm having a hard time finding pics/info about more "standard" Russian UGV's. I'm sure they exist - does anyone have an idea where to find pics/info for other Russian UGV vehicles? Only fair that both sides have them after all...

The Russian MRK-27, it has 2 RPGs, 2 RPO-A "flame thrower" thermobaric launchers, and a Pecheneg MG. And smoke launchers! I am hoping to find some info about Russian UGV's that aren't "Anti-Tank".

ugv_beta.jpg

Compared to the source:

auto%20assault%2012%20shotgun%20robot%202.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

As usual you never stop amazing me with your unique creations. Good luck with this one, hopefully I will use this one in a campagin I'm working on, like your M1611. :)

Nothing anti-tank about the mrk-27. Those RPGs are just as good at nailing houses full of beardy bastards as anything. The majority of the weapons on the platform are anti-personel anyway - 2 RPO-As and a PKP.

True, but I can't help but think they have a SWORD-like robot with only a MG or something similar. And smaller! :)

This looks awesome. Hopefully your final texture looks like that reference pic. One question, is the RC view through the UGV going to look like a sniper rifle persay (2d scope), or like actually looking through a tank, except with a machine gun? And second question: could you possibly do one with a minigun and GL? That'd be sweet. Good luck. I can't wait to try this out.

I take it romoteControl worked for you?

I'll have to work on this Hobo EOD bot and nick you code :p

I'm getting assistance with the config which will be the final thing. I'm focused more on the 3D model at this point. We're getting there - slowly but surely :)

I am looking for pics like this, but larger so I can convert them to textures. This pic distorts too much when I stretch it:

talon_19.jpg

Until I get better pics I'm going to map textures to what I have onhand and see how it looks. It may be OK with the lower quality textures since the model is so small.

Edited by hcpookie

This looks awesome. Hopefully your final texture looks like that reference pic. One question, is the RC view through the UGV going to look like a sniper rifle persay (2d scope), or like actually looking through a tank, except with a machine gun? And second question: could you possibly do one with a minigun and GL? That'd be sweet. Good luck. I can't wait to try this out.

a grenade launcher version would be functional, but a minigun version wouldnt be realistic. ;) Miniguns are very heavy also a UGV cant carry loads of ammo.

No, I'm thinking about the larger UGVs like what's also in COD. The SWORDS is too small for a minigun. Maybe you can move on to a UCGV (like the Israeli Guardium UGV, US Army's cancelled MULE w/ MG or USMC's cancelled Gladiator)

No, I'm thinking about the larger UGVs like what's also in COD. The SWORDS is too small for a minigun. Maybe you can move on to a UCGV (like the Israeli Guardium UGV, US Army's cancelled MULE w/ MG or USMC's cancelled Gladiator)

If you want the COD UGV go play COD ;).

Yeah I don't plan to do anything other than the SWORD and Russian UGV for now.

I watched an interesting thing on the military channel recently that featured a "large" UGV that was being built, called the "buzzsaw". I think that is intended to hold larger weapons like the M134 but it is in the prototype stages so who knows. There are several UGV ideas out there that would provide interesting game play like a larger UGVs that can carry extra backpacks. That would be an interesting addon if someone were willing to do the work for it.

Man great job on those,you don't know for how long I wanted Maars or Swords bots in A2.Those little buggers are mean and together with the MQ9 my drone army is complete.:D

I managed to find a good pic of the tracks. Needs some work on the color. I think I have discovered enough black bits on the USMC textures like radio antennas, etc. to map the rest. Progress! :) model.cfg isn't started yet so it doesn't sit correctly. I need to find an M145 elcan scope to put on the top rail in front of the camera.

ugv_beta2.jpg

Edit to add- it looks like the AA12 proxy will work after all! :) Problems will be no ejected cases and no shadow. I can probably fix the shadow, but no ejected cases is something I think we will have to live with.

AA12_beta.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

Very cool looking addon. I can't even play without your addons because they are pure awesome. Can't wait to blow up Takis with a UGV!:D

Looks great man.

For an Elcan you might want to contact Vilas on the Armaholic forums.

He has one and I'm sure he's willing to share it with you.

aye, have that one myself. good model

but doesnt have the same optics as the one in arma, but all you have to do is get the modeloptics line of code from the arma gpmg and youre sorted

One of you was looking for larger UGV's eh?

black_knight.jpg

That's BAE's Black Knight UGV.

The small ones have actually seen use however and I'm looking forward to seeing those. Might be a good proof of concept if add-on makers want to consider making other UGVs in the future.

Have you considered an EOD variant unarmed but capable of disarming mines/IEDs?

Or child, question is what is the other parent tank Leclerc?

I had heard of the black knight. I had never actually seen a pic of it, though. Didn't realize it was an unmanned tank/IFV.

Hey pook, you still working on these? or willing to relese them in thier current stage?