Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Prometheus: The prequel to ALIEN trailer is out.

sftuxbvGwiU

1080p version here - >

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/PrometheusNews
http://www.youtube.com/user/Prometheus6812

Apple movie site: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Synopsis:
Ridley Scott, director of Alien and Blade Runner, returns to the genre he helped define. With Prometheus, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

Release date:
June 8th, 2012 Edited by jblackrupert

I´m looking forward to it, I guess they can pull off something really good with todays special effects

Bought all four aliens on VCR, back in the day... I was a fan from a young age. One of my favourite series. IMO the original ALIEN was the most scariest and maybe even the best.

I do hope that Ridley Scott hasn't lost his touch.

I´m looking forward to it, I guess they can pull off something really good with todays special effects
Alien did better than a lot of movies after it and it basically had all handmade FX. FX is cheap nowadays...what lacks in modern times is a story that is not told 1000 times like "aliens are coming to eat you alive".

Wait, is it really confirmed by Scott himself that this is a prequel?

Wait, is it really confirmed by Scott himself that this is a prequel?
It's a bit strange to have a prequel for a prequel that was all new and groundbreaking in 1979.

Ridley doesn't have to confirm it's a prequel, the Derelict spacecraft from Alien is clearly seen, and the biomechanical architecture can be seen on all of the Alien tech, not to mention the Pilot chair, also inside the Derelict spacecraft in Alien.

I think it's *a* (not so) derelict spacecraft because that definitely wasn't LV426.

Perhaps it should be viewed as a Spiderman/Superman/Batman/Star Trek type of reboot. Don't know until I see it :) but IMO I currently view it as a prequel with some rather unfeasible insertions :)

The Space jockey appears in the movie alive and standing

If you go through the trailer you'll see him, it's barely a second long though.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2508/prometheusofficialtrail.jpg

It's supposed to start 30 years or so before the crash of the Space jockeys ship.

The Aliens are just a tiny part of a much bigger story, thats what this is supposed to be about.

Edited by jblackrupert

This is not technically a prequel but a story set in the same ALIEN universe. Scott started with the intention of it being a prequel, but he also wanted like 250 million and a badass R-Rating.

That said, it's still more a prequel than anything else! :)

Ridley doesn't have to confirm it's a prequel, the Derelict spacecraft from Alien is clearly seen, and the biomechanical architecture can be seen on all of the Alien tech, not to mention the Pilot chair, also inside the Derelict spacecraft in Alien.

I just compared the Derelict ships and they both look a bit different especially in the upper part (but still share the same shape)

That being said, I am willing to believe that this is in the same Alien universe.:D

That's the chap on the right? Weren't they supposed to have this elephant-like trunk on their face?

Space_Jockey__painted__full_right.jpg

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2508/prometheusofficialtrail.jpg

I don't think that's one. I think it's too small to be one and, as said doesn't have a trunk.

Though, @0:34 of the trailer, there does appear to be a space jockey skull.

Alien...first R Rated film I was allowed to actual go to with my folks at 9 years old. Thank God my mother had the good sense to cover my eyes when Sigourney gets undressed into panties -wouldn't want to have any nightmares ya know :rolleyes:

Very much looking foward to Scott being back in action on this.

Well, in HR Giger's concept and aesthetic, the suit, the machine, and the organism ought not to be separable. His biomechanical style is a fusion of flesh and machine, beauty and ugliness, sex and death. I would vomit with rage if the 'space jockeys' turned out to be palid, anthropomorphic, star-trek like aliens wearing cool spacesuits. I will bring a barf bag with me opening night... but seriously if the space jockeys are wearing blue leotard I will shout at the screen and maybe get thrown out. I can't handle another disillusioning prequel 'explanation' of something that worked better as a mystery after that 'The Thing' trash.

HR Giger was involved from things I've heard, I would highly doubt Giger and Scott would allow the Space Jockeys to be generic spacemen.

HR Giger was involved from things I've heard, I would highly doubt Giger and Scott would allow the Space Jockeys to be generic spacemen.
HR Giger died all the work desingning the whole xenomorph lifecycle and all alien styles in Alien. Alien was pratically a H.R. Giger show.

Giger ain't dead

Edit:.....never mind... DID... not dead..

Edited by jblackrupert

HR Giger died all the work desingning the whole xenomorph lifecycle and all alien styles in Alien. Alien was pratically a H.R. Giger show.

I know, that's why I said he and Scott won't let the Space Jockeys be some generic 'Star Trek' species of alien.