Did something go wrong?

What is the current progress on ACE 3? Are you in contact with BIS regarding the Arma 2 MLODs?

A huge portion of ACE involves us translating models into A3. They haven't released the new tool chain yet, so we need that to really get into a lot of the "big" things.

Also we are going to need lots of help either producing new content or translating that older content.

If people want ACE3 they can harp on BIS to release the A2 MLODs. I know a lot of people involved with ACE are not exactly excited about pretending what the future is, so we'd like to see A2 content, or at least comparable good community content to match the vehicle and unit make up of A2 to some degree (at least the major cold war factions).

Will you release a lite version without new assets but with improved realism and medical?

hi there.

i would like to say big thnx to the dev team. ace is the best mod!

hope we can get ace3 in near future.

ive some question, maybe its an error with the actual version.

arma 2 co with actual ace beta

editor: 2 pilots, one is player, one is playable, an empty ah64d

both pilots get in the chopper

if player sit in the chopper as pilot and ai sit in as gunner, then player switch to the gunner and activate tads view:

there are problems with the hud of the tads system. the laser range, the time of flight info and some other input are not visible

(laser marker cross for example).

if do it the opposite way: user controlled pilot sit in as gunner, ai as pilot. the gunner hud works as it should (no switch)

switching to pilot, doesnt brake any pilot-hud.

theres something broken in the switching function from the first example. i think both examples should bring back the same results. maybe its a bug, or engine limitations or whatever. please dev team try to fix this!

/ / /

whats planned with the sniping stuff?

the old window for setting up the sight adjustments (input for windage, distance to target, ....) was much better than what

we have now.

actual you dont know whats going on, if you are a ace newbie. the old system had a better handling and design.

is it planned to integrate some ballistic computers for the calculations?

watch this out

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20789

i would like to see this app fully usable direct in ace itself.

side by side with a better designed (compareable with the old one) sight adjustment

cant await the release date of ace3

thnx dev team for all youve done so far.

cheers

johnny

Hi, I have quick question. I am using ACE + COWARMODACE.

I have tried using the ACE separate firemode/grenade throw keys.

They all seem to work fine, EXCEPT the F firemode select key?

I even changed the default F to Z using the clippi tool to see if there was a key bind issue. Still nothing.

Another thing I noticed is that in some vehicles I am stuck in a 3d look around view mode when I should be looking through the sight/periscope. For example as driver in the bmp, or in the turret in the main gunner position. Sometimes when I move to different positions or turn in I get to the correct view, but other times I am stuck in the 3d view mode looking at a 3d model of the gunsight or view port, but not able to look through it.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Edited by ddave

ddave

For grenade throw: check under ACE options and try to switch to all (there are 3 mods to select try all)

And if you are getting "stuck" in 3D: use Enter on NumPad to switch from 3th person to 1th. Also 0 on NumPad can switch view in vehicles sometimes. So Enter and 0.

Edited by Ivan911

hi so my ace interaction key doesn't work or wont come up.. i don't know why if i try to resign it it still wont come up.. im running ArmA 2 CO 1.62 and ACE Clippi but i still cant fix it do i have to uninstall ace and reinstall it ?? please help :)

Thanks,

Smith.D

Sorry guys, Im having a problem. ACE Menus don't open, I use left Windows key and Menu key. How can I do?

Have you guys found a fix for your issue?

A teammate of mine is also facing it. We ran a bad setting check (clippy and so forth) but all looks fine thus I'm out of any idea to help him.

Thanks

The optics key works to switch views in vehicles. It is mapped to secondary mouse, and this wasn't working in vehicles. I mapped it to another key and now it works.

The grenade ACE enhancement works, it's the firemode key that doesn't. I can Sh+~ to safe, Sh+1 to select the rifle, etc. But when I use the F key to switch firemodes nothing happens. Do you just press F and that's it?

Still need to put it into ACE itself. Been busy with other things lately though.

Good news! Did you change the Control Keys as sugested?

I've been using ACE for a long time but I was just asking myself :

Is there any way to enable the ACE Ammo Cookoff for every coop mission without having to edit them all to add the module ?

I really love this module, it adds so much but sadly missions makers rarely use it.

Or is it possible to force enable a specific module via a not-so-hard-to-make mod ?

Yes, there is. If you look at CBA XEH post init config entries you can make a simple PBO that just sets the enable variable to true.

I can post an example in a bit if you need it.

It would be really nice of you, I don't have any knowledge in making mods.

Also, I'll try to find the topic you're referencing.

If you just throw this code into a config.cpp and make a PBO of it then it should work.

class CfgPatches {
class nou_sys_ace_settings {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.01;
	requiredAddons[] = { "CAUI", "ace_sys_destruction" };
};
};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers {
class nou_sys_ace_settings	{
	init = "ace_sys_destruction_enable_cookoff = true;";
};
};

If you just throw this code into a config.cpp and make a PBO of it then it should work.

class CfgPatches {
class nou_sys_ace_settings {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.01;
	requiredAddons[] = { "CAUI", "ace_sys_destruction" };
};
};

class Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers {
class nou_sys_ace_settings	{
	init = "ace_sys_destruction_enable_cookoff = true;";
};
};

What will happen if you use this with a mission that has the module enabled?

Haven't had a chance to go through the entire thread yet, but has anybody asked or answered on the matter of group markers disappearing when you go into the map?

It happened an update or so ago and it's really bothersome, having to just always guess where groups are when doing missions.

Hi everyone

I really like the idea that mortars can be assembled and I would like to make use of it in one of my missions. The problem is that some of the guys I play with do not like every aspect of realism so I doubt I will able to persuade them to learn how to use ACE mortars, which is fairly complicated. So my question is:

Is it at all possible to use the original BIS artillery computer for an ACE mortar (i.e. one which can be assembled)? If it is, how?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Did a search of the thread but couldn't find anything else relating to this problem so apologies if I've been incompetent.

Building a CN gas chamber however when testing it out my character is in no way responding to the gas, I've tried using BAF and USMC characters and all of them can just stroll through the CN gas like there is nothing there. I am getting no dodgy vision or choking - is this a known issue with a solution? I hope so as it completely ruins any immersion when it's just like walking through a standard smoke grenade.

For record I have tested this by both spawning AND throwing (also using UGL) CN canisters/rounds and none of them have any effect even when standing right in the midst of the cloud for over ten seconds. Cheers.

EDIT - I have tried Xenon's solution to no avail

["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_G_40mm_CS","",projectile]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;

The script I have is as follows -

private ["_gas1","_gas2","_gas3","_gas4","_gas5","_gas6","_gas7","_gas8","_gas9","_gas10","_gas11","_gas12","_gas13","_gas14","_n","_y"];
if (!isServer) exitWith{};

_n = 0;
_y = 4;

while {_n < _y} do
{

_gas1 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",csgas]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas2 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_1");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",csgas]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas3 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_2");
_gas4 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_3");
_gas5 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_4");
_gas6 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_5");
_gas7 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_6");
_gas8 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_7");
_gas9 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_8");
_gas10 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_9");
_gas11 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_10");
_gas12 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_11");
_gas13 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_12");
_gas14 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_13");

sleep 25; 

deleteVehicle _gas1;
deleteVehicle _gas2;
deleteVehicle _gas3;
deleteVehicle _gas4;
deleteVehicle _gas5;
deleteVehicle _gas6;
deleteVehicle _gas7;
deleteVehicle _gas8;
deleteVehicle _gas9;
deleteVehicle _gas10;
deleteVehicle _gas11;
deleteVehicle _gas12;
deleteVehicle _gas13;
deleteVehicle _gas14;

_n = _n+1;
};

FINAL EDIT: Resolved, I was being a derp.

For those of you who are also searching for the answer - the 'reference' that Xenon refers to is what you have named the 'createVehicle' code. Below is the final code so you can see the difference - hope this helps someone else out.

private ["_gas1","_gas2","_gas3","_gas4","_gas5","_gas6","_gas7","_gas8","_gas9","_gas10","_gas11","_gas12","_gas13","_gas14","_n","_y"];
if (!isServer) exitWith{};

_n = 0;
_y = 4;

while {_n < _y} do
{

_gas1 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas1]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas2 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "_gas2");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas2]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas3 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_2");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas3]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas4 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_3");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas4]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas5 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_4");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas5]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas6 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_5");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas6]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas7 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_6");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas7]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas8 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_7");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas8]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas9 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_8");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas9]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas10 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_9");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas10]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas11 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_10");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas11]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas12 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_11");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas12]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas13 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_12");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas13]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;
_gas14 = "ACE_M7A3" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "gas1_13");
["ace_sys_gas_fired", [objNull,"","","","ACE_M7A3","",_gas14]] call CBA_fnc_globalEvent;

sleep 25; 

deleteVehicle _gas1;
deleteVehicle _gas2;
deleteVehicle _gas3;
deleteVehicle _gas4;
deleteVehicle _gas5;
deleteVehicle _gas6;
deleteVehicle _gas7;
deleteVehicle _gas8;
deleteVehicle _gas9;
deleteVehicle _gas10;
deleteVehicle _gas11;
deleteVehicle _gas12;
deleteVehicle _gas13;
deleteVehicle _gas14;

_n = _n+1;
};

Edited by Fumbles88

Noob questions,

+In what way does Ace effect AI in combat?

+what MOD/s enhance or compliment Ace, i know ASR_AI but are their others i should try

Is it at all possible to use the original BIS artillery computer for an ACE mortar (i.e. one which can be assembled)? If it is, how?

There isn't. However, if you're using a vehicle for transport of the mortar, you could just a use a script to spawn a vanilla mortar near the vehicle, so long as the components of the ACE mortar are present. Lots of missions (like Domination) do this with static defenses already.

In what way does Ace effect AI in combat?

I don't believe it does anything - though it can make working with AI more difficult, particularly where the medical system is concerned.

what MOD/s enhance or compliment Ace, i know ASR_AI but are their others i should try

TPWCAS works very well with ASR_AI. With the right settings, you can see some pretty clever AI behavior. If you are playing SP, I can't think of much that necessarily complements ACE, though if you are using any asset add-ons, make sure you are also using any ACE configs that are available for them (for example, use the asr_ace... configs for any RH weapon packs). If you are playing MP, use ACRE!

I don't believe it does anything - though it can make working with AI more difficult, particularly where the medical system is concerned.

TPWCAS works very well with ASR_AI. With the right settings, you can see some pretty clever AI behavior. If you are playing SP, I can't think of much that necessarily complements ACE, though if you are using any asset add-ons, make sure you are also using any ACE configs that are available for them (for example, use the asr_ace... configs for any RH weapon packs). If you are playing MP, use ACRE!

Thanks Harzach, yes only single player, ill try those mods and keep an eye on any asset mod configs for ace.

ACE isn't really an AI mod. If you instal ASR (and you should), most of the core improvements will be handled by the latter.

There are plenty of small tweaks, however, usually related to ACE's changes of weapon systems.