hey guys, I have the following issue, ACE seems to restrict Satelte-Map-textures on the ingame Map by default.

I have a mission on an early map version and the topographical Map is not finished yet, it's basicly plane white.

So I need the Satelitte-Map to navigate which is finished.

On the briefing screen right on the beginning of a mission I still can see the Sat.-Map but ingamge using the ingame map it only shows the topographical in this case plane white map.

Is there a way to allow Sat.-Map textures in ACE?

Help would be much much much appreciated :)

So you have missions on a map that is entirely flat? The topographic map is generated by the engine based on the height, not anything special in the map itself specifically for the topographic contour lines.

Has there been some change with maptools controls?

I can't rotate or drag them any more, only place and align with the H and J keys.

So it's impossible to use the range ruler now, unless something was momentarily messed up.

So you have missions on a map that is entirely flat? The topographic map is generated by the engine based on the height, not anything special in the map itself specifically for the topographic contour lines.

okay maybe I was not clear enough :)

the map is FSF Jungle 0.1

Ingame you only see contour lines and height in meters on the ingame map

(only with ACE enabled, when starting ArmA 2 in Vanilla mode it automaticly loads the satellite map on top of the toographical map.)

but normaly topograpical maps also depicture vegetation (and roads, cities and so)not in this case though so it's very hard to navigate through the jungle.

I guess because it's a very early version of the map.

However, my question was if it's possible to enable the satellite map on the ingame map with ACE enabled.

What I found in the ACE changelog.

Build 187

Updated to source:@6c733cbb7b6d1158d83ea894a3ea90fbdf8c693b

h3. Changed

[...]

* Removed the satellite textures on in-game map. [Rommel]

[...]

so is there maybe a fnc or variable that makes it possible to activate them again?

Edited by Magicool

Attempted to find out what a 'fbcb2' vehicle even was, no single vehicle has it or otherwise ACE is refusing to tell me how to make it work.

Was going to consider just using these vehicles an option to rolling back, I grabbed a sys_tracking file from 1.13 but it just turns them off forever now.

Can anybody tell me what fbcb2 is and how to activate it?

Can anybody tell me what fbcb2 is and how to activate it?

Force XXI Battle Command Brigade and Below, a.k.a. "Blue Force Tracker". As per the build 593 changelog:

Tracking markers are now only visible while in FBCB2 compliant vehicles (aka have a GPS) as gunner or commander

Get into a military vehicle as gunner or commander - for a HMMWV, the commander position would be the front passenger seat.

Hit your ACE Interaction key and you will see the option to turn on the FBCB2 system. Once it is on, you will see all available group markers on your map and on your GPS.

If you are on foot, your GPS will show markers by default, though that part is still a WIP and so a bit wonky.

I tried asking in its assorted thread, but why is AMX-56 not effective using its APFSDS round? Is it a bug when ACE is activated?I read the ACE changes the nature of the round?

Just wanted to ask if there's a way to disable or heavily reduce the Stamina effects/ feature WITHOUT disableing the whole "on back" and Backpack feature? Sure it adds realism.

But its just so ridiculous and annoying every time. For example I took couldn't even walk (not sprint, walk) about 700m with A BAF rifleman carrying a rifle, a pistol and some grenades. 17kg. And he was about to die on an heart attack and collapsed every few meters. You wanna know how many MILES i walked with more than 17kg during my military training without collapsing? And i have to admit, I wasn't even a very strong soldier or had years of training behind me.

I have no reason to believe this will ever be fixed but maybe theres a way to work around it without destroying the backpack feature. The Stamina multiplier doesn't seem to have a huge effect when I add this to my init: player setVariable ["ACE_SYS_STAMINA_MULTI", 1];

Any ideas?

Edited by Dar

Just wanted to ask if there's a way to disable or heavily reduce the Stamina effects/ feature WITHOUT disableing the whole "on back" and Backpack feature? Sure it adds realism.

But its just so ridiculous and annoying every time. For example I took couldn't even walk (not sprint, walk) about 700m with A BAF rifleman carrying a rifle, a pistol and some grenades. 17kg. And he was about to die on an heart attack and collapsed every few meters. You wanna know how many MILES i walked with more than 17kg during my military training without collapsing? And i have to admit, I wasn't even a very strong soldier or had years of training behind me.

I have no reason to believe this will ever be fixed but maybe theres a way to work around it without destroying the backpack feature. The Stamina multiplier doesn't seem to have a huge effect when I add this to my init: player setVariable ["ACE_SYS_STAMINA_MULTI", 1];

Any ideas?

It's a multiplier so multplying by 1 isn't going to change anything

I know how a multiplier works. But I read that the multiplier is 0.5 by default and a value higher than 1 wouldn't have an effect.

Source

For example I took couldn't even walk (not sprint, walk) about 700m with A BAF rifleman carrying a rifle, a pistol and some grenades. 17kg. And he was about to die on an heart attack and collapsed every few meters.

Any ideas?

Something is wrong. You should be able to operate normally with upwards of a 40kg load. My heavy loadouts typically top out at just over 50kg.

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

I tried asking in its assorted thread, but why is AMX-56 not effective using its APFSDS round? Is it a bug when ACE is activated?I read the ACE changes the nature of the round?

There is no AMX-56 added by ACE. Sounds like whatever mod adds it is not ACE-compatible.

thanks for the reply. Is there a way to apply ACE values to 3rd party units? I also noticed APFSDS is loaded on older tank models. Does ACE support loading older types of shells?

thanks for the reply. Is there a way to apply ACE values to 3rd party units? I also noticed APFSDS is loaded on older tank models. Does ACE support loading older types of shells?

Third-party units require ACE configs. As far as I am aware, there is no way to use non-ACE/vanilla projectiles as ACE changes the gun/projectile relationship at a fundamental level.

Something is wrong. You should be able to operate normally with upwards of a 40kg load. My heavy loadouts typically top out at just over 50kg.

Hm. Thanks for the info, Harz. But I'm facing these issues since first using ACE with different mod presets. I for sure have no mod running that has an intended effect on the Stamina system. I don't know about the unintended effects of all these mods but how likely is it that one of them changes stamina values that were made up by ACE and are used only by ACE itself? I will run some tests on this with different presets. See if anything changes.

EDIT: ACE/ACEX/ACE_SM/ACE_USNavy/ACE_RU running with CBA_CO and expansion/beta r135

Result: Same as with my main preset which has about 50 mods. So no influence by any third parties here.

Nevertheless, my Stamina multiplier mod seems to have changed the endurance a little as I can run a few hundered meters more with it compared to my test run with the ACE-only preset.

Will try some higher values for the multiplier now. If they have an effect, my problem would be solved.

EDIT2: Negative on that last line. Multipliers over 1.0 have no effect at all. Means I can sprint about half the Utes runway with 40kg load as a BAF rifleman before collapsing and about a third before he starts walking instead of sprinting and begins to breath heavily. That isn't much. With multiplier 1.0 I can run the whole runway before blackouts/collapsing set in.

Edited by Dar

Third-party units require ACE configs. As far as I am aware, there is no way to use non-ACE/vanilla projectiles as ACE changes the gun/projectile relationship at a fundamental level.

I was afraid of that. I hope by the time Arma3 "matures" in terms of mechanized combat variety (two MBT's are hardly worth it for me to upgrade) it'll be more consistent with 3rd party units. Thanks

...I can sprint about half the Utes runway with 40kg load as a BAF rifleman before collapsing and about a third before he starts walking instead of sprinting and begins to breath heavily.

That sounds a bit low, though sprinting 400 meters with a 40kg/88 pound load on your back is pretty darned good. With a 46kg load, I sprinted up the road from the "start" marker until I collapsed, at the "collapse" marker, about 600 meters:

46kg_sprint_zps361fe91b.jpg

Walking, I can travel indefinitely. This is using the same basic setup of ACE/ACEX/ACEX_SM/ACEX_RU/ACEX_USNavy/CBA_CO/Beta r135. I'm at a loss to explain the discrepancy you are seeing.

I do agree that the onset of loss of vision and collapse comes far too soon. There should be a much longer period of elevated cardiopulmonary response - as you said, trained soldiers regularly run long distances with heavy rucks. At slow run/combat jog on level ground, we should be able to go at least a few kilometers before rest is needed.

Hallo,

Iam trying to understand the ACE 2 Medical system.

So far i understood that Bandages are for bleeding, morphine for pain, Adrenalin/Epi to revive unconscious player, and CPR seems to delay the death of unconscious player.

I also understand that you allways stop bleeding befor you do anything else, like administering EPi or morphine.

What i dont understand: What is the "Stabilise" option for? when do i use it? because it doesnt seem to do anything.

Also when Player is unconsious, but he is only in pain, and dont have any other injuries, i give him a morphine shot and he doesnt wake up, should i use EPI? or should i drag him to safety and wait? or maybe give CPR so he dont run out of time?

Also does the turniket work? Cause sometimes i doubt that it does anything except marking the body with "T"

Hm. Thanks for the info, Harz. But I'm facing these issues since first using ACE with different mod presets. I for sure have no mod running that has an intended effect on the Stamina system. I don't know about the unintended effects of all these mods but how likely is it that one of them changes stamina values that were made up by ACE and are used only by ACE itself? I will run some tests on this with different presets. See if anything changes.

EDIT: ACE/ACEX/ACE_SM/ACE_USNavy/ACE_RU running with CBA_CO and expansion/beta r135

Result: Same as with my main preset which has about 50 mods. So no influence by any third parties here.

Nevertheless, my Stamina multiplier mod seems to have changed the endurance a little as I can run a few hundered meters more with it compared to my test run with the ACE-only preset.

Will try some higher values for the multiplier now. If they have an effect, my problem would be solved.

EDIT2: Negative on that last line. Multipliers over 1.0 have no effect at all. Means I can sprint about half the Utes runway with 40kg load as a BAF rifleman before collapsing and about a third before he starts walking instead of sprinting and begins to breath heavily. That isn't much. With multiplier 1.0 I can run the whole runway before blackouts/collapsing set in.

I just have to ask this: Is your ACE Up to date? Where did you get it from?

Hallo,

So far i understood that Bandages are for bleeding, morphine for pain, Adrenalin/Epi to revive unconscious player, and CPR seems to delay the death of unconscious player.

I also understand that you allways stop bleeding befor you do anything else, like administering EPi or morphine.

What i dont understand: What is the "Stabilise" option for? when do i use it? because it doesnt seem to do anything.

Also when Player is unconsious, but he is only in pain, and dont have any other injuries, i give him a morphine shot and he doesnt wake up, should i use EPI? or should i drag him to safety and wait? or maybe give CPR so he dont run out of time?

Also does the turniket work? Cause sometimes i doubt that it does anything except marking the body with "T"

Tourniquet slows heavy bleeding, as I understand it, giving you a chance to bandage. But always remember to remove it afterwards.

Hallo,

Tourniquet slows heavy bleeding, as I understand it, giving you a chance to bandage. But always remember to remove it afterwards.

Pretty sure the tourniquet is still broken, but I may be wrong. I have found myself sticking to a pretty simple routine of:

- bandage (as many times as necessary, elastic bandages are more effective)

- morphine (unless wounded is already under the influence)

- epinephrine

- first aid (if necessary)

I have never needed to use any other items/options.

Pretty sure the tourniquet is still broken, but I may be wrong. I have found myself sticking to a pretty simple routine of:

- epinephrine

Well i use the same routine as you if i have needed supplyes. But i also use CPR if i have no medical supplyes, to keep the casuality alive till someone with meds can come.

I would really like to understand the ACE medical more. but any tutoriall i found so far is either outdated, unreliable or hard to understand.

Can you make WW2 factions units in Ace mod?

Edited by Amx225

No and as far as I am aware there are no ACE-compatible WW2 units (as most of the features in ACE are for modern warfare). Check out Invasion 1944 mod though they include some "ACE-like" features.

- epinephrine

+1 to this. This is all you need to know and do. Anything else seems a waste of time or bugged.

Oh wait, isn't it Epi first to get player up? Then morphine if needed. Its been a while since I've played A2.

Oh wait, isn't it Epi first to get player up? Then morphine if needed. Its been a while since I've played A2.

It seems to me that you sometimes can not revive someone with epinephrine if they are still in pain/need morphine. I haven't done any real testing regarding this, so it whether it's real, imagined, or just random Arma-ness I don't know. I do know that the general procedure of bandage/morphine/epi/first aid works every single time.

+1 to this. This is all you need to know and do. Anything else seems a waste of time or bugged.

Definitelly no! In my experience, is morphine often enough to get guy back on his feet, and you would then 1. waste your epi. 2.Overdrug (really dont know the proper english word) the person.

Also i think i found whats the stabilise option for. I found wounded uncounscious AI, i bandaged him, but i didnt have any morph. or epi, but i had "stabilise" option awailable, so i used it. Guy woke up and moved few hundreds of meters, then collapsed again. I stabilised him again he woke up moved some distance again, and then collapsed, we did this dance few times before i gave up, because i didnt have any morph or epi, and didnt feel like reiving him all the way to the base.

So it looks like the "Stabilise" option is temporary substitution for the drugs. i thing it substitutes morphine most probably.

Edit: it was in single player.

Edited by Mirek